Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Sun Xie Zhi

I'm happy to see that 56's new album is doing well. He Cai Beijing is also doing well on the Yes 93.3 chart. It's risen from 10 to 6. Yay!

http://www.yes933.sg/top20.htm

By the way, someone in the asianfanatics forum mentioned that 5566 is going to hold an autograph session in Hong Kong. Does anyone know what date that will be?

That is nice to know their album is doing so well! Though I haven't received mine yet. ^^; Been waiting forever. . .and still waiting. Yesasia is so slow. >_<

Thanks for all the updates, everyone. ^^
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Here is the link to an article posted about their charity show at a mall. The proceeds are to help needy children. (I would have posted the Google translation but it is hard to read):

http://ent.sina.com.cn/y/2008-01-14/17401876272.shtml

56 should be having their autograph session in Hong Kong on 27 Jan 08.

56 was on 无间道不道 yesterday. Here are the clips of the show:
    Part 1: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/h7RdOt59N8g/
    Part 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NBij7Y7YhO0/

As usual, I normally bt their shows so that I can add them to my collection. So, I haven't watch the tudou clips but I am sure any show that 56 is on would be entertaining.

Just to share some pictures that are posted on the baidu forum.

56 was in Beijing recently and they took the opportunity to go skiing after they have completed their "official" duties that day. Actually, I am sure it was Mengzhe who bugged the rest till they had no choice but to ski with him. Here are the pictures - first time seeing them in such outfits: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=311219361...%DC%CE%B0&pn=0

56 was featured in <当代歌坛>391期 magazine. You can take a look at the articles here: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=311149539. Nice shots but Xiezhi reading English papers ...

And pictures of 56 recording an upcoming show in Beijing: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=311265728

The pictures at #9 and #8 are really quite cute. This is a game segment with each 56 member partnering a fan. This game is like a "drawing" charade whereby 56 draws a picture and the fan to guess what is being drawn. In #9 Renfu is supposed to draw a dinasour and if you look at his 2 pictures, it is obvious that no one can guess what is it.

As Xiezhi can draw quite well, Renfu then ask him to draw the dinasour and you can really see the difference - picture on the right at #8 is the dinasour drawn by Xiezhi. Frankly, I think Renfu's picture looks more like a rat. And no prizes for guessing who's the winner of this game.

Thanks for the info exadel! The dinosaur that Xiezhi drew is cute- sort of looks like a cross between a dragon and godzilla.

Thanks for the pictures.

Ya, his drawing is quite cute, at least it looks more like a dinosaur than what Renfu had drawn. Xiezhi also boasted on the show that in his school days, he was good at nothing except sports and art classes.

Surprisingly, he doesn't like music classes. He said that he can pick up rhythm naturally but does not have an aptitude for musical instruments. Somehow, I just can't remember where I heard or read this info from ....

Btw, I have the Jan08 issue of Play (56 in Malaysia) and Fans (A to Z interview on Xiezhi) magazines. Do you have them too, or do you want me to post the articles here? If so, do you need a brief translation as well?

Yes- please! That would be great, exadel if you could post the articles and with the translation. I haven't seen those magazines here at all. You're the best! Thank you so much!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5450/56wyn2.jpg')

Credit to Cat

Jan08 Play magazine - 56 in Malaysia and Happy Birthday to Shaowei.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/PlayJan08P1.jpg')

When a Malaysian female fan gave a small gift box to SW, 56 thought that it a watch or chain. To their surprise, it is a key. SW immediately asked "Could this be your house keys?". They later found out that her family has a business dealing in 2nd-hand cars and she asked her father to give her a car so that she can follow SW around.

The rest jokingly said that they also want to spend their birthdays in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. SW said "Ok, I can drive you guys around when we next come to Malaysia for promotions". But because of their company policy, SW declined her gift with thanks.

When it was time to cut the birthday cake, XZ, RF & MZ wanted to throw the cake in SW's face. Luckily for SW, they still have yet to start the autograph session. So, the rest could only smear the cream on his face. All the fans then sang the Cantonese version of the Birthday song, celebrating his "second" birthday.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/PlayJan08P2.jpg')

A Malay family comprising 3 sisters and 1 younger brother then went on stage. Besides giving SW a birthday cake, they also said to him in Mandarin "SW, I love you."

The 3 sisters expressed their wish to marry SW. When SW learnt that a Muslim man can have 4 wives, he happily said that he wants to convert to Islam. But all 3 sisters are below 18 years old, so SW may have to wait a few more years before his wish to have 4 wives can materialise.

56 has a common understanding on not giving birthday presents to each other. This is because it would be embarrassing if someone forgets to buy presents. But they will make an exception this time in order to help SW become a Muslim. XZ, RF & MZ will pay for SW's trip to Malaysia to solemnise his conversion to Islam.

All 3 floors of the shopping centre were fully packed with people attending the autogaph session. The autograph session lasted from 4pm to almost 8pm. 56 signed more than 1,000 posters that day, and the fans wre reluctant to leave even after the autograph session has ended.
    Last edited by exadel; 01-18-08 at 01:33 PM.

Jan08 fans magazine.
    Topic: Sun Xiezhi: All 56 members are considerate and gentle guys.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/FansJan08P1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/FansJan08P2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg7/exadel/FansJan08P3.jpg')

Pictures first, translation at next post.

56 finally released their new album "Bravo", their 11th piece of work after more than 2 years. Recently, 56 had been travelling frequently to promote their album in Asia. So for this month, we specially invited the leader of 56, Sun Xiezhi for an interview. Here are his A to Z answers.

Agent - What type of artiste would you like to sign on if you become a manager/agent?
    I want people who have perseverance and do not cower under pressure. Right from the start, I will tell them the realities of the entertainment world. If they do not have determination, I think they will leave my company soon.

Body - What do you like or dislike about your own physique?
    All ok. I don't grow fat easily even if I eat alot. This is something which the other 56 members dislike about me. I like my eyebrows the most. I don't have to draw or trim my eyebrows as they are naturally thick. I dislike my height and legs. I am not tall enough and I don't look good in photo-shots because of my O-shaped legs.

Considerate - Who is the most considerate among the 4 of you?
    All 4 are considerate and gentle guys but in different ways. Renfu can give his friends and other half lots of surprises. Shaowei is always gentle with other people. Mengzhe gives others a stable and matured feeling. I will think of other people's feelings first, whether they are my friends or my other half.

(post getting too long ... will continue at next post)

Drama - What type of roles would you like to take on in future?
    I like to try lots of different types of characters, but in particular, I would like to act in a ghost drama as the person who is frightened by the ghost. I also wish to act as a very cool killer, all these are challenging roles.

EQ - Being so busy, how do you control your EQ?
    It is actually quite difficult but I will try my best to control my EQ. I have been trying hard to change myself. Now, I will view things differently when I come across unhappy incidents. I will instead treat them as challenges that will help me grow.

Fans - To say some words of thanks to those fans who had been supporting 56 for so many years?
    Thanks for supporting 56 throughout these 6 years. Many things had happened during these years, some happy, some sad, some misunderstandings but the fans continue to support us throughout and grew up with us. We will continuously strive to improve ourselves so that our fans can be proud of us.

Going abroad - Who has the most luggage when 56 travels overseas?
    Mengzhe. He has a luggage that is large enough to pack in a person. But he is very mysterious and does not show us what he brings along for his travels.

Head - Whose head is the best shaped?
    Mine. I had ever shaved my head when I was in the volleyball team and the army. The shape of my head is a little sharp but it is nice looking.

Indoors - What do you like to do when you are at home?
    When at home, I will usually watch DVD or day-dream. I do not like to go out when I am not working. If I do go out, then I will be out for exercise or sports.

Jason - Say some words of encouragement to the youngest member of 56.
    Mengzhe, you have improved alot but the road ahead is still very long. You must make an extra effort to work harder and you must take care of your health. I noticed that you have 2 problems recently. You are addicted to sleeping and don't seem to have enough to eat.

KTV - What songs does 56 and Sun Zhong sing at KTV and what type of tidbits do you enjoy there?
    We normally sing happy songs like xxx (sorry, don't know these songs so can't translate..). Shaowei likes to sing these 2 songs xxx by the group 信乐团. He will usually rest after that because he gets a sore throat from singing that 2 songs. I have been to the KTV with Sun Zhong only once or twice and he only sings those songs by artistes who used to be under his charge. Or he likes songs by Tony Leung Chiu Wai or 东方块车, all the old songs. (sorry, also can't translate the tidbits that they like)

Lyrics - Which song do you like best in this Bravo album?
    Yue Er Guang Guang (Bright Moon). This song is representative of 56, with well distributed portions and everyone sang well.

Movie - The movie that you watched recently.
    I have been to the cinema only once in the past 2 years, 700+ days. The movie that I saw was Transformers and it is very good.

Nickname - In your mobile phone, what are the nicknames you gave to the 56 members?
    56mengzhe, 56shaowei, 56renfu.

Overseas - From now on, would you be spending more time overseas?
    Actually, we are not concentrating on the overseas market only. We are trying to spend equal time on promo trips in the different parts of Asia. But we have to spend more time in China because it is so big with so many cities. Compared to previous years, we will also spend more time in the other countries like Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.

Popcorn - Do you like popcorn?
    Yes, especially those sweet flavoured ones.

Q(cute) - In your opinion, what type of girls are considered cute?
    Natural, truthful and don't like to gossip.

Record - Which song took the longest time to record?
    All ok. We have improved alot due to the experience working on the previous albums.

Sam - To give words of encouragement to the busiest member in your group.
    He has changed alot since from the time I knew him. I hope he can continue to work hard and become stronger. I feel that the development and hard work of each individual 56 member would strengthen the group as a whole. Besides working hard, I hope Shaowei also takes care of his health. Jia You.

Tony - As their leader, what words of appreciation would you like to say to the other members?
    I want to thank the other members because there will not be 56 without them. Thanks to them for giving me excitment at work. On a personal level, I want to thank them for listening when I talk about my inner-most feelings. After knowing them, I have become more cheerful and learn to share my thoughts with other people. I hope we can work together to create another career peak for 56. We are buddies for life.

Unforgettable - Which performance is the most unforgettable?
    Our first performance in China when we launched the "Easy Come Easy Go" album. Because it was our first performance, we used up all our energy, which is equivalent to the energy spent on a full-scale concert, to perform just one song. Everyone was dead tired after that and we felt so stupid for dancing so hard for one song.

Vocal - Any change in singing style for this album?
    I harmonise more in this album. This type of harmonising has a Japanese feel to it. I did all the harmonising because Renfu doesn't know how to harmonise.
    Last edited by exadel; 01-18-08 at 01:42 PM.

Weather - Your favourite type of weather?
    I like Spring and Winter. I am most afraid of hot weather. I have high body temperature so I perspire very easily. I perspire even when I am just singing.

X(cross-out) - Which shortcoming would you like to improve on?
    I need to get rid of this bad habit of thinking too much and resulting in making myself unhappy. I always make myself unhappy so I hope to be just a bit happier.

Year - What do you look forward to in the new year?
    Frankly, year 2007 is considered a low for both my career and personal life. There were a lot of unhappy incidents. However, after re-adjusting my thoughts, I treat these incidents as part of my growing up process. I hope everything will change for the better in this new year.

Zax - What would you like to say to Zax who has become more matured?
    He has indeed grown up. But to me, he is like a little kid bringing up a little kid. Although he has become a dad, he is still a little childish as he is actually rather young. But he has grown up and matured a lot compared to what he used to be, Renful, I really envy you.

(ok, the end )

Thank you so so much, exadel!!! Xiezhi is such a nice and lovable guy and I really hope to see more of him in more tv shows too. He is a great actor and has really good screen presence. Maybe I can find the Fans issue on Yesasia. I really like the photos too.

On another note, I read in asianfanatics that Warner is not giving more funds for the album promotion. That really doesn't make sense to me since the album is doing quite well.

Thanks for posting and translating those, exadel! As a movie-lover, I feel a bit sad for xiezhi that he has only seen one movie in theatres in two years! So many horror movies are much better and scarier seen in theatres. . .unless xiezhi has a nice surround sound system and a really big screen at home. I kinda want to see xiezhi in a ghost movie too. Japan has some good ghost movies. . .would be neat if xiezhi could get a chance to do a collaboration. I've never seen any taiwanese horror films. . .is there any good ones, does anyone here know?
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 01-18-08 at 08:34 PM.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

Yes, Chris Ko posted on the official settv site that since Warner is not giving any more funds for the album promotion, Jstar & 56 had decided not to have a new version of the Bravo album as a show of protest against Warner ... there goes my hope of getting hold of their MVs

56 fans are now fuming mad at Warner & wanted 56 to move over to EMI. Seems that in Taiwan, 56 MVs are hardly telecast over their TV stations as compared to Warner's new singers who are also releasing albums at this time. I have yet to check the Warner site, wonder if the fans had already flooded the Warner forum page to express their disappointment.

Xiezhi had said before that he doesn't like to go out because of the paparazzi. Since he loves watching DVD at home, I am sure he has a very sophisticated home theatre system. In last year's episode of 天才冲冲冲 to promote the Love Miracle album, QiaoEn said that he even put on headsets when he watch ghost movies so as to get the best sound effects. That was when the rest of 56 teased him saying that he could be watching "action-packed" love stories instead of ghost movies.

As for me, I don't watch ghost movies because I will get nightmares after that. Also never heard of horror movies by Taiwan, seems that the famous or frightening ones are from Japan, Korea and Thailand.

Btw, I just received the 2 Bravo albums that I pre-ordered from YesAsia. I thought I ordered a China & Taiwan version but both albums are exactly the same. The gifts are the same too except that the Taiwan version comes with a plastic file folder as well.

I always thought that we will get a proper desk calendar for the China vesion but I was wrong. Have you received your CDs yet?