Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown Sugar Macchiato

Default Brown Sugar Macchiato

Taiwanese idol romance comedy that centers around high school students. The story seems to center around six boys who just found out that they are brothers. Their father is a rich man (playboy) who offers them an inheritance if they would learn to get along while he's "receiving treatments" for whatever it is that ails him (his treatment includes being surrounding by sexy gals in bikinis). Now they are living in a mansion w/ an eccentric maid (high school girl in french maid uniform), who helps protect them from each other.

At least that's what I got from watching the first 20 mins w/out sound (there is subtitles however). For more info check out:
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Brown_Sugar_Macchiato
    (also, please note that the director is the same guy who did SummerXSummer, taiwanese HanaKimi, Tokey Juliet, Meteor Garden II, etc.)

Anywayz, my thoughts so far is that this show is strange in a very manga-like way. The acting and comedy is a bit over-the-top, and I don't know any of the actors/actresses. However, I might give it a chance and see how it goes. Have anybody else saw this?
    Last edited by MysticDust; 10-08-07 at 06:27 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Talking

I'm watching this series right now, with Viet dub. It's kind of cute, I thought it was a Japanese series ???

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    I'm watching this series right now, with Viet dub. It's kind of cute, I thought it was a Japanese series ???
    It's available in English sub, and it is a Taiwanese series.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff View Post
    what's the viet title?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    what's the viet title?
    Vi. Ngo.t Macchiato, both thegioifilm.tv and film4vn.net are showing it (under New Series), and it's really cute

i thought this series is very funny....... although they did over do some part of it...i still like its fast pace..... anyone here have more info. about the casts?.... i don't seem to recalled them from anywhere...... well, thanks....
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

Well I started watching for BBT...I'm not a fan of the blackies buh yea. I like it. The series is really cute and funny. Although I must agree they do over do some parts and that kinda makes it kinda retarted. Buh over all it an OK series to watch. Lollipop are very adorable in it.

im obsessed with this drama, the girls are from hshmm and the boys are from bang bang tang (lollipop), i like guigui, wang zi and a wei the most but i like all of them anyway

although i don't dislike any of them... i do like gui gui the most .... she is so funny when she pretend to be a ghost to scared them....
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

This series has very low-ratings, 1.44 in fact. It would be a waste of time to actually sit down and watch this series. I pass after 1 episode.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    This series has very low-ratings, 1.44 in fact. It would be a waste of time to actually sit down and watch this series. I pass after 1 episode.
    Joe Cheng's SummerXSummer (by the same director) has even lower ratings (1.18), that's why I keep putting it off. Maybe it's the director... Some of his works, such as Peach Girl, Meteor Garden II, and Love Train, are among my bad lists. This new series of his - Brown Sugar Macchiato - offers nothing special. Just another cute drama geared toward teens.
    Last edited by Jilly; 03-13-08 at 06:39 PM.

It seems a bit too young/kiddy for me to watch, but it's an all-time favourite of my niece's, shes 13 anyway. She's a fan of BangBangTang anyway. It was her who told me about BangBangTang.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

this serie is very nice, from episode 1-3 was boring, but after it's better and very funny... the guys in this film are hot... especially Xiao Ma...

This show was actually pretty decent... Finished all 12 episodes in 1 night & 1 morning... Didn't think that the Lollipop guys & Hei Se Hui girls would be able to do a good job, but they proved me wrong... Some surprisingly decent acting from these newbies...

Loved the interaction between Wangzi & Gui Gui! Da Ya was actually quite good in here... good acting... Although Ya Tou's voice was a little grating a first, I guess I got used to it after a while...

Some gripes about the looks of some of the girls...Mei Mei had crooked teeth & Xiao Jie wore braces... A lot of them actually had quite a bit of baby fat on their faces... But that's just me being picky... At least the leading girls were all quite good-looking...

I think this show is lame! from the begining up to the end. I don't think all the 15 of them act well lor! especially Xiaojie from bang bang tang. I'm not saying that the 2 groups were no good but their acting needs to be improved.

I thought this series was ok, but not so great. It does have some good elements in it like brotherly love, friendship,etc.. But yea, a lot of actions were so overdone. The storyline is aimed more towards high school students and a younger audience. I also got sick of the he loves you, she loves you,etc...It became kind of redundant.... However, I still enjoyed some other themes like the friendship, mother daughter love(when Ya Tou's mom came back for her),brotherly love,etc.. The romantic love parts got kind of annoying... I do admit that I did like Gui Gui and Wang Zi at times. I felt so sorry for Gui Gui when it seemed like Wang Zi rejected her or didn't like her back...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I kind of gave up on the series but might pick it up if I get really (like, really) bored. The over cutesy-cutesy was not my cup-of-tea and some of the girl's voices were a bit grating to the ears.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Ya some of the girls' voices were too irriated!

Quote Originally Posted by pat/clare View Post
    Ya some of the girls' voices were too irriated!
    Yea, I totally agree.. Some of their voices just streaked my ears... Gosh, I wonder how others can stand it.... Some scenes were ok, but a lot of the scenes were so overdone. It is an ok series though since I have seen worse.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

ya. Especially Yatou, tongtong and daya. Their voices is very sharp when they scream. I must say amoung the 9 girls in the show, the only girl i like is Xiao Xun. She is unlike the other girls that i mentioned before.