Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Li Fei Dao 2008

Default Xiao Li Fei Dao 2008

Well, yes, its a remake of the Legend of Dagger Li also known as Xiao Li Fei Dao written by the almighty Gu Long (finally a re-make). According to this article, filming had already started in the Huangshan Mountains and it also stated that this serie will be a short serie about 20 episodes.

Here's some pics.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.taobj.com/bjnetnews/UploadFiles/2007829135731734.jpg')

Hopefully that guy won't be Li Xun Huan. He'll ruin the image forever!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.taobj.com/bjnetnews/UploadFiles/2007829135731580.jpg')

Anyone who has anything to add on please feel free to.
    Last edited by vivi_g; 10-11-07 at 02:56 AM. Reason: adding info

More on this serie...

This is the Lin Shi Yin for this version.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.uent.com.cn/star/UploadFiles_7725/200705/20070509145125945.jpg')

Sun Xiao Hong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.taobj.com/ent/yiyuanjingji/playerphoto_03.files/1.jpg')

OMG!!!! I think this is Li Xun Huan!!! They completely killed the image I had in my of Li Xun Huan as Vincent Jiao!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20070829/Img251839994.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2007-09-26/U1735P28T3D1731294F326DT20070926175311.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2007-09-26/U1735P28T3D1731294F329DT20070926175311.jpg')

A pic of the four lead:
    Sun Xiao Hong , Lin Shi Yin, Li Xun Huan, Ah Fei
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lanews.com.cn/images/col284/qjwb20070830d0004v01b006.jpg')

Credits: Baidu, Sina
    Last edited by vivi_g; 10-11-07 at 02:50 AM.

More of Li Xun Huan...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%D3%C6%CF%D0%D7%D4%D4%DA/pic/item/b8f5bd192d97374f43a9ad9b.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.stardaily.com.cn/Upfiles2007/2007-8-28-22-30-20-0829-07-02.jpg')

I miss Vincent's Li Xun Huan.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://channel.pcpie.com/download/tvadmin/image/SCN000000000416.jpg')

Credits: Baidu
    Last edited by vivi_g; 10-11-07 at 02:57 AM.

Are you kidding?

OMG, runs off to look at Vincent Jiao's face again.

that guy is ugly, uncharismatic, general impression- horrible.

when you said the first girl was lin shiyin, i misread and thought it was Lin xian er. She doesn't look pure and gentle enough for lin shi yin, but maybe that changes with ancient costume. She certainly doesn't look pretty enough.

Sun Xiao Hong looks bland and A Fei in that photo of the four of them, looks like a complete IDIOT!

well, on the bright side, at least it's not the curly hair...one thing that irked me about vincent was that damn curly hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    well, on the bright side, at least it's not the curly hair...one thing that irked me about vincent was that damn curly hair!
    i wasn't big on the curly hair either
    Made him look too girly

But Vincent was so good for the role - good looking and charming at his age.

This guy is SO unattractive

Vincent

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news3.xinhuanet.com/forum/2004-09/29/xinsrc_13209012815551031021217.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://loneone.bokee.com/inc/%BD%B9%B6%F7%BF%A1.jpg')
    [IMG]http%3A//upload.6to23.com/city/signimg/1449603.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by 0-0-0; 10-11-07 at 05:12 AM.

OMG!! I can't believe this... This is the new cast for the new XLFD?? I am sooo shocked... There are plenty of stars in China that would have been good candidates for the roles. I really miss Vincent, Xiao Qiang, Alyssa and Jason Wu. They were the perfect cast and what I imagined the characters to look like. The only thing was that they changed the story too much.... Even if this adaption is to be more accurate, the cast will totally kill it. I usually don't just aim for the cast, but for this remake... I feel the cast is important. However, looking at the horrible pix of the new casts... I am not sure how well this version will fare with the audience and viewers....

By the way, I actually didn't mind the curly hair at all... At first, I thought it was unusual but then I got used to it since it looked great on Vincent. Gosh, the new guy is totally horrible.... I am sick of remakes anyway, so I will pass on this one for sure...

If this series will be only 20 eps, either it definately won't be true to the novel or they will adapt certain portions of the novel since the novel is too long to be adapted into only 20 eps. But this doesn't seem like a promising adaption anyways so I don't think it would matter anyways... I am guessing this a low budget production.
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-11-07 at 06:10 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

the cast are sooo not promising!!! it makes me wanna skip this one !
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    OMG!! I can't believe this... This is the new cast for the new XLFD?? I am sooo shocked... There are plenty of stars in China that would have been good candidates for the roles. I really miss Vincent, Xiao Qiang, Alyssa and Jason Wu. They were the perfect cast and what I imagined the characters to look like. The only thing was that they changed the story too much.... Even if this adaption is to be more accurate, the cast will totally kill it. I usually don't just aim for the cast, but for this remake... I feel the cast is important. However, looking at the horrible pix of the new casts... I am not sure how well this version will fare with the audience and viewers....

By the way, I actually didn't mind the curly hair at all... At first, I thought it was unusual but then I got used to it since it looked great on Vincent. Gosh, the new guy is totally horrible.... I am sick of remakes anyway, so I will pass on this one for sure...

If this series will be only 20 eps, either it definately won't be true to the novel or they will adapt certain portions of the novel since the novel is too long to be adapted into only 20 eps. But this doesn't seem like a promising adaption anyways so I don't think it would matter anyways... I am guessing this a low budget production.
    I like Vincent curly hair even if it makes him looked girlish. I would have liked it even better if Vincent ends up with Alyssa instead of heartbroken.

I will be watching this serie when it comes out just because it has been almost a decade since there is a remake on it (even if the cast and etc will be bad). And yeah, I know, 20 episode is really short for it, but hopefully they won't butchered out too much of the main plot.

The sina news in chinese mentioned that there WILL be Quite a BIG Change in the storyline...

+++a LXH doesn't looks like a LXH at all(just like Ken's CLX) = Game Over

Edit: O/T - just like the Huan Hua Xi Jian Lu filming now, almost totally off the original storyline... hai~
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Ok, now the storyline is going to be bad too.. What more is there to this series?? NOTHING!! Do you have the link to the Sina article Vic Viper??? Did it mention what the changes are?? Gosh, first the cast is horrible, now the storyline is going to be messed up too... sigh.. I guess there is nothing in this adaption to look forward to... I am skipping this series for sure...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Ok, now the storyline is going to be bad too.. What more is there to this series?? NOTHING!! Do you have the link to the Sina article Vic Viper??? Did it mention what the changes are?? Gosh, first the cast is horrible, now the storyline is going to be messed up too... sigh.. I guess there is nothing in this adaption to look forward to... I am skipping this series for sure...
    I found an article on the series linked from the baidu site.
    http://www.stardaily.com.cn/view.asp?id=259956

It looks like the girl next to Ah Fei is not Sun Xiaohong, but a made up character, Song Xiaofeng, who likes Ah Fei

In addition, they have added an illegitimate son for Shangguan Jinhong and Lin Shiyin is now a princess?

my bet is that this will be 10x worse than Chu Liu Xiang, which is starting to look thrilling in comparison!

Finally someone uglier than Ken.

OMG!!! A BIG CHANGE!!! Here's a sina article. Now I don't know if I still really wanna watch it. CLX has Feifei, which made me eager to watch it. But this one has nothing and even an alternate plot.

I feel so sad for Gu Long's adaption. Seems like everyone's murdering them. Leave Them Alone, Right Now! I Mean It!
    Last edited by vivi_g; 10-12-07 at 07:50 PM.

Talking

I'm Vietnamese so I don't know all of the Chinese names and stuff, but I have a question about the Dagger Lee story

The version I've watch with Eddie Qwan, Emily,Gigi something (TVB 199x version) there was Ly' Ta^`m Quan, La^m Thi A^m, and Gigi played the villian girl, daughter of Mai Hoa Da.o

Since I haven't read the story, how come in Vincent version, there were so many girls, while Eddie's version only have 2 girls??? Can anyone tell me what role did Alyssa, Fan Bing Bing and another actress played in Vincent's version? I haven't watch that one either

As for this remake, YIKES! All of the casts look so dam ugly , that main guy look so old, kind of resemble Tony Leung though

Li Xun Huan is so ugly here
    the wrinkles and everything is just horrible
    where' my vincent...
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

THanks for article vivi g!! Gosh, I just skimmed the article very briefly and I already don't like it... I am skipping this series for sure. I wonder why they even bothered to make such a STUPID adaption in the first place. I guess there are way too many stars now that they don't have anything to do, so are wasting their time and money on making series like this so the cast and staff don't become unemployed. I feel sorry for Gu Long and his stories. He has passed away for over 20 years already, but no one seems to honor his works. Instead, they abuse them and make ridiculous changes that I am sure he would not approve of... Sadly, he is now gone and cannot do anything about it....

TO TiffTiff,
    Ok about this story... The Eddie version is really stupid and way off. Vincent's version was off as well, especially in the second half of the series. In Eddie's version, they made Lam Tien Nhi/Lian Xian Er the main villian with all of these powers and all.. BUt in actual fact, she is just a **** that entices men since she is so beautiful. Basically that part is correct in Vincent's version. No, she is not the daughter of Mai Hoa Dao.
    About the number of girls, like I said.. Eddie's version is totally messed up.... There was a Xiao Hong/Tieu Hong but she died in an instant.. Don't expect much from VIncent's version either since it is way off from the actual story as well. Alyssa plays Sun Xiao Hong(one of the main girls), Fan Bing Bing played Xing Er/Hanh Nhi (which is a made up character that does not exist in the novel), Yu Fei Hong plays Yang Yan(another made up character that does not exist in the novel), and Qiao Xiang/Tieu Tuong plays Lin Shi Yin/Lam Thi Am.

It's not just the cast for this series, but the storyline is totally messed up... What more is left for this series??? NOTHING at all...AH...

OK Maybe he does not look youthful like how everyone wants the character to be...but who knows maybe his acting skills will earn up for it...cuz i know many good-looking-unexperience actors that kill the role

maybe we will learn to love this version...lets just wait and see

hey the guy in navy blue use to be in TVB...ahhh he is hot..

Trinie:: I agree with you...some changes are too extreme that really makes me stop watching half way...maybe they just think they need to spice the story up for new attention...I don't know
    Last edited by Rachealyuen; 10-14-07 at 02:48 AM.
    Currently In Love With Qiao Zhen Yu
    Crazy for Bad Boyz

Quote Originally Posted by Rachealyuen View Post
    OK Maybe he does not look youthful like how everyone wants the character to be...but who knows maybe his acting skills will earn up for it...cuz i know many good-looking-unexperience actors that kill the role

maybe we will learn to love this version...lets just wait and see

hey the guy in navy blue use to be in TVB...ahhh he is hot..

Trinie:: I agree with you...some changes are too extreme that really makes me stop watching half way...maybe they just think they need to spice the story up for new attention...I don't know
    Actually, in the novel Li Xun Huan is not suppose to be youthful looking. It was said he has wrinkles and is no longer young. And it's not just the actors / actress, it's the whole production that is everyone is unsatisfied with.

I like Vincent as LXH and Jason as Ah Fei better =[ also Alyssia as XH

Isnt Ah Fei suppose to be super handsome. The guy up there looks like a kid. And Jason had martial arts background which made him better...
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]