Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shu Qi (舒淇)

Default Shu Qi (舒淇)

I just heard some very interesting news about her, and since the old thread is so far back, I decided to make a new one.

Guess what!!! She's going to be in Star Wars Episode 03, but her character has yet to be known. I think this really proves how much Shu Qi has gone in terms of her star quality and movies...

can't wait to find out more info

hmmm i really don't like shu qi and i think she's horrible at acting. no offense. and even though she's in star wars...yeaa...the star wars movies are getting progressively worse. i think that shu qi's way too overrated. just bc she broke into the english movie market. there are way more actors/actresses who are better than her out there.

I used to think she's overrated, but i like her better now, after So Close...she was really good in there

Originally posted by chynagongju
    hmmm i really don't like shu qi and i think she's horrible at acting. no offense. and even though she's in star wars...yeaa...the star wars movies are getting progressively worse. i think that shu qi's way too overrated. just bc she broke into the english movie market. there are way more actors/actresses who are better than her out there.
    I disagree with you her acting is great! Not in all of her films but overall then her acting is superb. She was great in Martial Angles and like chungieboy said in So Close she greatly portray her character, Lynn.

Yeah, I think Shu Qi has a good acting. I'm one of her fans! I do love her in So Close and Martial Angels. Star Wars 3??? I read from a magazine that it hasn't confirmed yet. Well, just wait!
    RDAK

Visit my simple site :
    CCTV's Legend of The Condor Heroes 2003

she got act in My Lucky Guy with daneil Chan rite?
    ZoE tAy-FaNn WoNg-FeLiCiA cHiN-ViViaN Lai-YvOnNe LiM-iVy LeE-LiLiN-rUiEn-ShArOn Au-JaiMe TeO-
    -JoYcE tAnG-AdA ChOi-MicHeLLe YiP-cHaRmAiNe ShEh-JeSSiCa HeStEr-FeNniE YeUn-MiRiaM yEuNg- KeNiX kWoK- fLoRa ChAn-

RoX!!

great for her!
    despite all other raving about other TW actress, i think ShuQi is one of the best TW actress of her generation. She deserve it!
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

That's pretty cool! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/smokin.gif')
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

Interesting to know that

I think she acts okay. She's in Star Wars 3? It looks like she's the only Asian person in the movie.

Well, it wouldn't be the first American movie for her. Didn't she do The Transporter with Bruce Willis?

Although, I do believe that never went on the main screen? Or if it did, there wasn't a big buzz about it because I never knew even though I knew about the making of the movie.
    I'm an "angel on the battlefield of love." *laughs* How ironic...
    Alec's official site: www.suyoupeng.com
    Vicki's official site: www.zhaoweinetfamily.com
    AIM: swtsilverfaerie
    Yahoo: tinitinytina18
    MSN:[email protected]

Originally posted by CrazyLilAngel
    Well, it wouldn't be the first American movie for her. Didn't she do The Transporter with Bruce Willis?
    yes she was in the Transporter but not with Bruce Willis (can't remember the guy's name but no Bruce Willis definitely)...

but the movie was good. she even spoke marginal good english (at least better than jackie and jet li).... very sexy as always!!!

Default curious

what is so special about her acting, compared to other ppl like Jessica Hsuen, Ada Choi etc ? I dont think she is pretty but she can be hot (i guess)
    Smile

Originally posted by rourou
    yes she was in the Transporter but not with Bruce Willis (can't remember the guy's name but no Bruce Willis definitely)...

but the movie was good. she even spoke marginal good english (at least better than jackie and jet li).... very sexy as always!!!
    My bad. I wasn't completely sure of the guy's name. I think it's the same guy that was in "The Fifth Element" though.

Now I'm curious at which face belongs to Bruce Willis ^^;;

As for her English, I read that she practiced hard.

Originally posted by rourou

she was pretty much a vase in that.....typical damsel in distress who screamed, yelled, and whined @ the right spots....I think she's much better in her HK movies

Originally posted by 999roses
    she was pretty much a vase in that.....typical damsel in distress who screamed, yelled, and whined @ the right spots....I think she's much better in her HK movies
    Most Chinese based celebrities are better off in movies from their own country.

Take Jackie Chan and Jet Li for example. Yeah, they know martial arts, but most of their roles here are stereotypical fighter roles. In China, where they can speak more fluently, the roles are more varied.

At least, that's what my observations have shown.

I think the best thing she was ever in was the adult magazine "Menhouse" in 1996. 70 pages of full nudity. hehe! "Sexand Zen ll" was such a stupid movie. I bought it only because Loletta Lee is in it but like most Hong Kong movies of this sort it was terrible.
    Joe from NY

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

shu qi in Star Wars? man, she's one lucky gal. for me, she's never a goos actress. i mean, there's like hundreds of actresses out there better than her...but then again, thats what we comment on Zhang Zi Yi, huh? well, for me its mere luck! so her luck is in foreign movies, so be it. Same with Zhang Zi Yi huh....well, for all those hard-working good actresses out there....know that people all over asia know that you guys are good....better than some people who sometimes are luckier than you guys....Hail the POWER!!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Recently, there also news of Vicki Zhao and ShuQi return onscreen, this time as China Movie Queen of 1930-1940's time period, as Zhou Xuan and Ruan Lingyu (respectively). It will be inretesting to see Vicki and ShuQi onscreen again

I don't known if news of ShuQi in Star War 3 is confirmed or not...but if it does, congratulation!
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great,
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    Edward Bulwer-Lytton, Richelieu
    English dramatist, novelist, & politician (1803 - 1873)

After watching So CLose I really like Shu Qi. I think she is really pretty and can act really well. ANywayz about Vicki and her in the same movie, any new on that yet?
    VICKIE ZHAO FOREVER!!!