Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .....*Jin Yong Top Four Beauties*.....

Wink .....*Jin Yong Top Four Beauties*.....

If you could recast all Jin Yong's beauties, who would you cast?

I'm working on a project in which I will manipulate Jin Yong's top four beauties with other actresses since I don't like most of the castings for the gorgeous classic beauties in Jin Yong's universe. They often fall short to me on looks. It started with my obsession with Shui Ling cozz I really wanted her to be Xiao Long Nu. Now I'm thinking of expanding that to other actresses as well. So I need a little help and some ideas too.

List of beauties:

Princess Fragrance - (never saw a suitable casting for her)
    Wang Yu Yan - (Liu Yi Fei lacks the intelligent look >_<)
    Zhao Ming - (Gigi was cute and fits nicely but could be better. Alyssa, cute, and smart, not pretty enough)
    Ren Ying Ying - (Was gonna do her but the casting is already perfect. )
    Xiao Long Nu - Needless to say, Shui Ling!

Since I don't read the novels, it'd be cool if someone can give me a description for how they're supposed to be? Adaptions can be misleading. Also, it'd be great if there are gallery links for the actresses too. I have so much trouble finding the right picture. XD

MY candidates!

Princess Fragrance - innocent, very beautiful, somewhat stubborn. Must have big eyes, round face, sharp features, and fair (?) skin. (Kyoko Fukada, Dong Xuan, Jiang Xin, maybe Yang Mi)

Wang Yu Yan - smart, gorgeous, elegant, classy, naive, innocent, a weakling, damsel in distress. (Shui Ling, Rebecca Wang Yan (remember Qing Er?), Zhang Lan Lan (???)

Zhao Ming - Spunky, stubborn, cute, very pretty, smart. Must look everything like that. lolz I don't know much of her. (Ady An Yi Xuan but still not that pretty...)

My favorite candidate for Princess Fragrance is a no name. She's in Justice Bao, and she's not that beautiful but she has that innocence aura to her. And when I saw her in this costume I thought of Princess Fragrance.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1557/princessxk1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8324/princess02wv9.jpg')

Here's my Shui Ling Manip:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8520/xiaolongnu01ld8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/925/xiaolongnu04ej5.jpg')

Go here for more: Click
    Last edited by Nightingale; 10-21-07 at 11:29 PM.

i love shui ling.. she would have great for Xiao long nu.. but of course every one is too obssessed with Liu yi fei.. but if Shui ling was Xiao long nu.. her acting would have been superb... she has always been superb in that area.. too bad she's gone from this industry...

Actually she's not. I just saw some pics from her new series. I don't know who she plays but she looks so old now. >_< Although I think the character is supposed to be like that. In any case, I'm happy she's still around .

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Actually she's not. I just saw some pics from her new series. I don't know who she plays but she looks so old now. >_< Although I think the character is supposed to be like that. In any case, I'm happy she's still around .
    what series? her last one was with her husband right..which release long ago

too bad ZJZ didn't cast shui ling as XLN...then we can claim YG to have the oedipus complex

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    what series? her last one was with her husband right..which release long ago
    I don't what the name of it is. But here are the pics: http://www.shuiling.com/gallery/cate....php?cat_id=61

Don't look if you don't want your image of Shui Ling to be ruined. XD I say she looks old. XD

If you could recast all Jin Yong's beauties, who would you cast?

I'm working on a project in which I will manipulate Jin Yong's top four beauties with other actresses since I don't like most of the castings for the gorgeous classic beauties in Jin Yong's universe. They often fall short to me on looks. It started with my obsession with Shui Ling cozz I really wanted her to be Xiao Long Nu. Now I'm thinking of expanding that to other actresses as well. So I need a little help and some ideas too.

List of beauties:

Princess Fragrance - (never saw a suitable casting for her)
    Wang Yu Yan - (Liu Yi Fei lacks the intelligent look >_<)
    Zhao Ming - (Gigi was cute and fits nicely but could be better. Alyssa, cute, and smart, not pretty enough)
    Ren Ying Ying - (Was gonna do her but the casting is already perfect. )
    Xiao Long Nu - Needless to say, Shui Ling!

Since I don't read the novels, it'd be cool if someone can give me a description for how they're supposed to be? Adaptions can be misleading. Also, it'd be great if there are gallery links for the actresses too. I have so much trouble finding the right picture. XD

MY candidates!

Princess Fragrance - innocent, very beautiful, somewhat stubborn. Must have big eyes, round face, sharp features, and fair (?) skin. (Kyoko Fukada, Dong Xuan, Jiang Xin, maybe Yang Mi)

Wang Yu Yan - smart, gorgeous, elegant, classy, naive, innocent, a weakling, damsel in distress. (Shui Ling, Rebecca Wang Yan (remember Qing Er?), Zhang Lan Lan (???)

Zhao Ming - Spunky, stubborn, cute, very pretty, smart. Must look everything like that. lolz I don't know much of her. (Ady An Yi Xuan but still not that pretty...)

Princess Fragrance - I actually think that Candice Yu (1976) and Fiona Leung (1987) were almost perfect for the role looks-wise. They both have big eyes, round face, fair skin, and that innocent look. Both were and are still very, very pretty ladies.

Wang Yu Yan - Best to date/looks wise I think was Carmen. She does have a more sophisticated look than Liu Yi Fei or Idy IMHO.

Xiao Long Nu - Best to date/suitable would be Liu Yi Fei. She suprisingly pulled off the icy looks portion of Xiao Long Nu IMHO. She was the only thing good about the disastrous ROCH 2006.

Zhao Min - Most suitable I think was Kitty. She looked very natural doing the whole playful bit. Plus she is naturally dark skinned- not sure if ZHao Min was described as dark skin by Jin Yong, but the character is Mongolian.

WAIT! What about Huang Rong??? She's AT LEAST as pretty as zhao Min...

Anyways,
    Shui Ling is pretty enough to be any pretty character, lol. I think Alyssa Chia was great as Zhao Min...and LYF fit looks wise for XLN.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I don't what the name of it is. But here are the pics: http://www.shuiling.com/gallery/cate....php?cat_id=61

Don't look if you don't want your image of Shui Ling to be ruined. XD I say she looks old. XD
    it's not as bad..she still looks pretty as country old maid.. pity she have such roles.. with her status before she could gotten better roles.. before she chose to be in series that would prove her skills but it back fires on her.. she should done commerical series more..

are u sure it's a series.. i never heard any info on it..

PRINCESS FRAGRANCE:
    I think Yang Mi would make an excellent Princess Fragrance.

WYY:
    Carmen Lee was it for me. LYF is the worst!

XLN:
    Shui Ling would have been an excellent XLN. LYF is the worst!

ZM:
    I think Ady would make an excellent Zhao Min. Anyone who thinks LYF should play this role in the future can read my signature and do as told.

However, I think JIN YONG said XIAO ZHAO was the woman he was most fond of and [ correct me here if i'm wrong but ] supposedly is the most beautiful woman of all in his novels.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Wow, Shui Ling looks really different now. She seems to have aged quite a bit and put on some weight. I guess its due to the birth of her son

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    However, I think JIN YONG said XIAO ZHAO was the woman he was most fond of and [ correct me here if i'm wrong but ] supposedly is the most beautiful woman of all in his novels.
    Xiao Zhao was the woman JY was most fond of and thought most beautiful only in HSDS, not among all of his novels. Most JY fans have generally agreed that Princess Fragrance and XLN are the most beautiful women among all his novels, given the way he described their beauties and the results/outcome of it. Nonetheless, it's difficult to really say who's most beautiful because JY normally portrays female characters, usually leading ones, as very beautiful. Even supporting characters are usually described as pretty, adorable or above-average and nice-looking at least.

To add on to the list, other supposedly very beautiful JY characters include Huang Rong, Guo Fu, Xiao Zhao, Zhou Zhiruo, Ah Ke, Mu Wanqing, Chen Yuanyuan etc.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, but Jin Yong is so sketchy..what is the deal w/ male fantasies? Sheesh, how can ALL the girls be the most exquitie/beautiful creatures ever? No realism at all...Yes I understand it's wuxia, but still...

Why..heroes can't find normal-looking women? Seems so superficial. They should put more of 'Ah Zhu' type characters in there (or wait, was she described as pretty as well? *rolls eyes*)

I don't think Shui Ling looks naturally old. It probably has something to do with her role. The title is Si Shi Tong Tang (四世同堂).

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Why..heroes can't find normal-looking women? Seems so superficial.
    I know. The only story i can think of right now whereby the male lead ends up with the less pretty lady is Bi Xue Jian. Wen Qingqing wasn't as beautiful as Princess Changping (Ah Jiu). A pity JY had to go and make her a rather annoying and childish character or I think I would have loved her with Yuan Chengzhi.

If you notice, JY loves making his male leads good-looking as well, well except for Wei Xiaobao.

They should put more of 'Ah Zhu' type characters in there (or wait, was she described as pretty as well? *rolls eyes*)
    I think you meant Zhu'er? The scarred girl in HSDS? Because Ah Zhu (TLBB) was described to be rather good-looking as well.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

whats wrong with goodlooking wuxia females hot women that can kick *** = best fantasy ever
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

ZM:
    I think Ady would make an excellent Zhao Min. Anyone who thinks LYF should play this role in the future can read my signature and do as told.
    Not that I'm defending LYF, but your signature is bothering me. It should be "not hot or cute" or "neither hot nor cute."

I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, but Jin Yong is so sketchy..what is the deal w/ male fantasies? Sheesh, how can ALL the girls be the most exquitie/beautiful creatures ever? No realism at all...Yes I understand it's wuxia, but still...
    I agree wholeheartedly - in fact, it's the reason why I don't particularly like JY (I'm not huge on wuxia either and I generally focus on the romance aspects of his novels). But I guess you can't really blame him because obviously some of his personal feelings are incorporated in his novels. If I were writing a story, I'm sure I'd make my male lead a smart, hunky, musical guy (who likes to read, of course, and also writes songs for the girl) with an Australian/British accent.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

So there you are, dear ZHAO MIN. Correcting my rights and wrongs as usual, eh?

BTW, sorry but I can only fit a number of letters into the signature.

Now, when can I paint your eyebrows?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Oh yeah, I totally forgot! All of the Zhao Min's sucked. And LYF will suck even more than all of them put together if she ever gets the role. That role was made for me and me alone!!! I'm so tired of people trying to be me and failing miserably

BTW, sorry but I can only fit a number of letters into the signature.
    Hey, where's the logic there? That makes no sense since "hot or cute" is fewer characters than "hot nor cute," silly!

Now, when can I paint your eyebrows?
    Painting my eyebrows? Settle down sugar, I'm a diabetic. You know we have to get married first! Get down on one knee already and propose!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Xiao Zhao was the woman JY was most fond of and thought most beautiful only in HSDS, not among all of his novels. Most JY fans have generally agreed that Princess Fragrance and XLN are the most beautiful women among all his novels, given the way he described their beauties and the results/outcome of it. Nonetheless, it's difficult to really say who's most beautiful because JY normally portrays female characters, usually leading ones, as very beautiful. Even supporting characters are usually described as pretty, adorable or above-average and nice-looking at least.
    I don't think Xiao Zhao is even as pretty as her mother.

I agree with most of you here that Shui Ling is a perfect Little Dragon Girl. Though, a role I hoped Shui Ling would take is the role of Floral Palace Princess Yao Yue in Gu Long's Jue Dai Shuang Jiao. Shui Ling would make an AWESOME Yao Yue.

From what I know, general consensus puts Princess Fragrance, Little Dragon Girl, Wang Yu Yan, Xiao Zhao's mom, and Chen Yuan Yuan in the top 5 for JY world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Oh yeah, I totally forgot! All of the Zhao Min's sucked. And LYF will suck even more than all of them put together if she ever gets the role. That role was made for me and me alone!!!
    You being Zhao Min Sparky? I don't know, at least I like you...whereas Zhao Min, no comment.