Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Yeung (Yellow Robed Lady) Info Thread

Default Well....

I know pretty much all HSDS told me. I predict she's YG's decendent since first of all her last name is Yang. Second, she told that tomb stuff that confused ZWJ. Another part that I think Yang is YG's decendent is because she knows 9 Yin. I don't think she could have learn YG's kung fu because those are only for males. As for Pretty Girl Manual, you need a secondary person to help out, which actually may be possible, but doesn't seem so because there's no one else at her level according to the girls that all walk behind her. So I think her main kung fu is 9 Yin. If you guys really read the book well, then you'll know that Wang Zhong Yang only wrote like 20% or 30% of 9 Yin in the tomb, and those were the kung fu needed to break Pretty Girl Manual. SO technically saying Yang should only know 20 or 30%, but remember, in the the tower when the Zho Jo Ro's master told her stuff. IT said that YG created HS and DS and he was the one that put the army book and 9 Yin in them. So it could be possible that YG copied down the whole 9 Yin and passed it on. Because 20% or 30% of 9 Yin is nowhere enough to beat Zh Jo Ro and it's impossible to make her internal energy so high.

Pretty Girl Manual? Zho Jo Ro? YG created the HS and DS and wrote the manuals inside?

Boy, those must be some f'ed up adaptations.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Default Dude

You don't know anything do you? Zho Jo Ro I can't translate good enough. It's the girl that ZWJ ditched on the wedding day. It DID say in the book that YG created the Heavely Sword and put the 9 Yin in it. It also said that YG created Dragon Blade and put the army stuff in it. By pretty girl manual, I mean U nu heart jin.

No, I know nothing. Thanks for correcting me. Cheers
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I know pretty much all HSDS told me. I predict she's YG's decendent since first of all her last name is Yang. Second, she told that tomb stuff that confused ZWJ. Another part that I think Yang is YG's decendent is because she knows 9 Yin. I don't think she could have learn YG's kung fu because those are only for males. As for Pretty Girl Manual, you need a secondary person to help out, which actually may be possible, but doesn't seem so because there's no one else at her level according to the girls that all walk behind her. So I think her main kung fu is 9 Yin. If you guys really read the book well, then you'll know that Wang Zhong Yang only wrote like 20% or 30% of 9 Yin in the tomb, and those were the kung fu needed to break Pretty Girl Manual. SO technically saying Yang should only know 20 or 30%, but remember, in the the tower when the Zho Jo Ro's master told her stuff. IT said that YG created HS and DS and he was the one that put the army book and 9 Yin in them. So it could be possible that YG copied down the whole 9 Yin and passed it on. Because 20% or 30% of 9 Yin is nowhere enough to beat Zh Jo Ro and it's impossible to make her internal energy so high.
    Don't they teach you paragraphs where you come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Don't they teach you paragraphs where you come from?
    The advent of the World Wide Web has caused the Deterioration Theory to set in on the art of writing. Today, we are at "Qing Dynasty" level writing. All the great writing manuals and techniques have been lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    Sorry to OT a bit... How abt the other Greats like ZBT, Nanti, HYS?
    They were already very old at the end of ROCH. I would say each of them perished within a decade of ROCH's ending...before Seung Yeung fell to the Mongols.

Chow Bak Tung's only known student was Yeh Lut Chai.

Descendants of 1 Deng's disciples Mo 3 Tung and Chu Tze Lau showed up in HSDS (but they were not good people; they tried to deceive and murder Cheung Mo Gei).

Wong Yerk See's last student was Ching Ying.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    They seem to just disappeared after the ROCH, didn't take any disciples after that. Don't know what happened to Zhuen Jen Sect, Duen Family and Peach Blossom Island.
    The Cheun Jen Sect survived as a Taoist sect (and still exists today in the real world), but never again became a major wulin power in Jin Yong's universe. Dali was conquered by the Mongols even before ROCH's story ended (at least, if ROCH was consistent with history on that point). Peach Blossom Island was likely abandoned after Wong Yerk See, Gwok Jing, and Wong Yung died. In the third edition of HSDS, however, the 9 Yum Jen Ging and the Mo Muk War Tactics manual were hidden on Peach Blossom Island rather than inside the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. The weapons now provide directions to the island and the means to retrieve the manuals rather than the manuals themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    In the third edition of HSDS, however, the 9 Yum Jen Ging and the Mo Muk War Tactics manual were hidden on Peach Blossom Island rather than inside the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre. The weapons now provide directions to the island and the means to retrieve the manuals rather than the manuals themselves.
    Now, this is interesting. So when did ZZR set off to get these manuels? Should be before the wedding, since she used those claws against ZM then. Back from the island > abducted by CK/beggars > rescued > waited/looked for Xie Xun > Wudang to meet ZWJ > Wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Now, this is interesting. So when did ZZR set off to get these manuels? Should be before the wedding, since she used those claws against ZM then. Back from the island > abducted by CK/beggars > rescued > waited/looked for Xie Xun > Wudang to meet ZWJ > Wedding?
    Remember that in the earlier editions of HSDS, there was a scene where Chow Chi Yerk caught Cheung Mo Gei in the company of Chiu Mun at the tavern in Dadu (this was after Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk had become engaged)? In the earlier editions, Chow Chi Yerk unsuccessfully attempted suicide in response. In the current edition, Chow Chi Yerk apparently disappeared for several months after catching Cheung Mo Gei and Chiu Mun in the tavern. During this time, she apparently traveled to Peach Blossom Island and retrieved the manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Boy, those must be some f'ed up adaptations.
    i think i have watched some f'ed up HSDS adaptations as u said, but this one should be the number one

someone good in maths? to guess-estimate the age of lady yang. info like the reign of yuan dynasty and assumptions like mongols captured china towards the end of roch, age of guo xiang/yang guo then, age of guo xiang at start of hsds, and assuming that lady yang is a descandent (daughter to great great great grand daughter) of yang guo, +- 20 yrs, what is the range of age for lady yang?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    someone good in maths? to guess-estimate the age of lady yang. info like the reign of yuan dynasty and assumptions like mongols captured china towards the end of roch, age of guo xiang/yang guo then, age of guo xiang at start of hsds, and assuming that lady yang is a descandent (daughter to great great great grand daughter) of yang guo, +- 20 yrs, what is the range of age for lady yang?
    But that could be off for decades considering that you don't know what age her ancestors married.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

+-20 years is already 2 decades. should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by superboy
    But that could be off for decades considering that you don't know what age her ancestors married.

Well, here's my opinion.

She's from the Old Tomb Sect. As for her being a descendant of Yang Guo, well it's possible that YG and XLN adopted her because YG doesn't want XLN to suffer the pain of giving birth. Being an orphan, she adopted YG's family name. One thing I'm certain though, she's just an extra in HSDS.

I don't think she could have learn YG's kung fu because those are only for males.
    So I think her main kung fu is 9 Yin.
    YG's kungfu meant for males? Don't really think so... Let's have a review of Yang Guo's martial arts foundation:

Quan Zhen Internal Strength Cultivation - There are female Quan Zhen disciples, and one of the QZ Masters was a female. Obtained from a verse taught by Zhao Zhi Jing.

Ancient Tomb Sect Kungfu - Yang Guo was the only male disciple of XLN's sect when ROCH ended.

Dog Beating Stick Technique - Imparted by both Northern Beggar and Huang Rong. As we all know, Huang Rong is a female.

Dugu Qiubai's Sword Technique - Nothing mentioned about females not being able to practise it. So let's leave that out.

Sad Palms - Leave that out. It was only stated that Dragon Palms was the strongest "pure Yang", making it unsuitable for girls, and that Sad Palms was as powerful as Dragon Palms but it was never mentioned that Sad Palms was a "pure Yang" technique. For all we know, it might have been a "pure Yin" technique.

The Sad Palms was made up of techniques YG had learnt all his lifetime. They included skills from:

Huang Yaoshi
    Ouyang Feng
    Hong Qi Gong
    Quan Zhen Sect
    Ancient Tomb Sect
    9-Yin Manual

Divine Flicking Fingers - We all know Huang Rong is female and she knows the skill.

Jade Flute Swordsplay - Taught by HYS, it's a swordsplay that attacks a person's pressure points. (?) Huang Rong knows that too.

Toad Stance - Taught by OYF, it's a very disgusting skill, so I don't think girls should learn it.

9-Yin Manual - Unisex.

If Miss Yang's really a descendant of Yang Guo (she probably is), she'll thrash Zhou Zhiruo anyday. Imagine her learning 9-Yin, Quan Zhen and Ancient Tomb Sect's Yu Nu Xin Jing Inner Strength Cultivation Technique right from a young age (let's say maybe from the age of 7, assuming she's YG's descendant.) And then there's the small matter of the Icy Jade Bed or whatever you call it.

Zhou Zhirou probably learnt the techniques of 9-Yin without the proper internal strength cultivation because of time constraints. You can never have powerful internal strength after learning the 9-Yin for only a few months, unless you're Xuzhu or Shi Po Tian to begin with. Which means that although her techniques looks powerful, she's just a paper tiger. Miss Yang could eat her for lunch. Even if Miss Yang knows only 20% of 9-Yin, assuming she's YG's descendant, she knows other ways of inner strength cultivation too, and through many years of cultivation, she's probably as strong as Zhang Wuji, or at least a step ahead of Zhou.

Meijue Nun says:

据我恩师转述郭祖师的遗言,那‘九阴真经’博大精深,本来不能速成,但黄女侠想到诛杀鞑子元凶巨恶,事势甚 急,早一日成事,天下苍生便早一日解了倒悬之苦,因之在倚天剑的秘笈之中,写下了几章速成的法门。可是办成了大事之后,仍须按部就班的重扎根基,那速成的功夫只能用于一时,是黄女侠凭着绝顶聪明才智,所创出来的权宜之道,却不是天下无敌的真正武学。 这一节务须牢记在心。
    -Chapter 27

Blah blah blah, it means that a "Shortcut To Learning 9-Yin In 30 Days" was invented by the clever Huang Rong BUT that isn't real kungfu. In other words, it's for show.

IT said that YG created HS and DS and he was the one that put the army book and 9 Yin in them.
    No. The two stupid swords were created by Guo Jing and Huang Rong, although the material used was the metal melted from YG's Heavy Iron Sword. The Heavy Iron Sword was a gift from YG to Guo Xiang. The manuals took the Guo couple a month to finish compiling.

周芷若对屠龙刀和倚天剑之名习闻已久,此刻才知这一对刀剑竟是本派祖师郭襄女侠的母亲所铸。
    黄女侠在铸刀铸剑之前,和郭大侠两人穷一月心力,缮写了兵法和武功的精要,分别藏在刀剑之中。屠龙刀中藏的 乃是兵法,此刀名为‘屠龙’,意为日后有人得到刀中兵书,当可驱除鞑子,杀了鞑子皇帝。倚天剑中藏的则是武 学秘笈,其中最为宝贵的,乃是一部‘九阴真经’,一部‘降龙十八掌掌法精义’,盼望后人习得剑中武功,替天 行道,为民除害。
    -Chapter 27

In short, both sets of Manual were written by the Guo couple, not Yang Guo.

郭大侠的夫人黄蓉黄女侠最是聪明机智,她眼见元兵势大,襄阳终不可守,他夫妇二人决意以死报国,那是知其不 可而为之的赤心精忠,但郭大侠的绝艺如果就此失传,岂不可惜?何况她料想蒙古人纵然一时占得了中国,我汉人 终究不甘为鞑子奴隶。日后中原血战,那兵法和武功两项,将有极大的用处。因此她聘得高手匠人,将杨过杨大侠赠送本派郭祖师的一柄玄铁重剑熔了,再加以西方精金,铸成了一柄屠龙刀,一柄倚天 剑。
    -Chapter 27 (All from 2nd edition version)

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a fan of HSDS (don't like Zhang Wuji and Yang Guo) and have read it only once briefly.
    Last edited by FruityPunch; 12-09-05 at 01:26 PM.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    Yeah thats seems more likely, perhaps XLN is infertile(she didn't get pregnant from the rape) and while in travelling with YG adopted a orphan and that orphan in turn adopt another later on.
    Just because you had sex once and not have a baby doesn't meant you are infertile my dear
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

it is implied by the author through lady yang;s mumuring about the ancient tomb that she is yang guo's and xiao long nu's desendent. as for the 9yin manual, it is concivable that if haung rong and guo jing placed all the skills in a manual and left it there, they could have allowed yang guo's desendent to read and learn them, after all, they were all in it together. they might have sent a second copy to yang guo just in case. and it never said that females can't learn yang guo's skills. as long as you go throught the training, you can learn sad palms. dragon palms can be learned by a female just as a male can learn jade maiden skill. in fact, guo xiang was supposed to have known a move or two from it. remember, when hongqigong asked guo jing not to teach huang rong his dragon palms. if a female couldn't use the skill, a promise wouldn't be nessesary at all. and lady yang may have been better then yang guo. her real age might be in her fourties or more. LCY was superior to the four greats(don't underestimate females)
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 12-12-05 at 02:21 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    dragon palms can be learned by a female just as a male can learn jade maiden skill. in fact, guo xiang was supposed to have known a move or two from it.
    I think Jin Yong explicitly wrote that Hong Lung 18 Palms should not be learned by females. Someone with the novel can probably point you to the exact chapter and page number.

And when did Gwok Seung ever learn any part of the Hong Lung 18 Palms? I remember that Tony Wong's ROCH comic from a few years ago depicted that, but you can't go by comics adaptations.

remember, when hongqigong asked guo jing not to teach huang rong his dragon palms. if a female couldn't use the skill, a promise wouldn't be nessesary at all.
    Maybe it's because it would be dangerous for her to try to learn this skill? He had no qualms about teaching her the Dog Beating Stick Technique, and that skill was even more guarded than the Hong Lung 18 Palms.

and lady yang may have been better then yang guo.
    Doubtful. Her one victory came against Chow Chi Yerk and that wasn't as hard to accomplish as it looked. Unless she defeats Cheung Mo Gei and/or Cheung 3 Fung, she's no shoe-in for Greats classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think Jin Yong explicitly wrote that Hong Lung 18 Palms should not be learned by females. Someone with the novel can probably point you to the exact chapter and page number.

And when did Gwok Seung ever learn any part of the Hong Lung 18 Palms? I remember that Tony Wong's ROCH comic from a few years ago depicted that, but you can't go by comics adaptations.

Maybe it's because it would be dangerous for her to try to learn this skill? He had no qualms about teaching her the Dog Beating Stick Technique, and that skill was even more guarded than the Hong Lung 18 Palms.

Doubtful. Her one victory came against Chow Chi Yerk and that wasn't as hard to accomplish as it looked. Unless she defeats Cheung Mo Gei and/or Cheung 3 Fung, she's no shoe-in for Greats classification.
    In general, I concur with everything that Ken said.

btw, a lot of the above is crap. As for ZZR, she probably can learn if she was to start all over again. Mei Jui said that ZZR couldn't learn Dragon's 18 Palm because it was hardness, there fore he has to learn the soft 9 Yin. I think this was how it was stated in the 2nd edition.

Hey isn't it very likely that Lady Yang would know DG9J?

Think about it, there must have been some way path for the concepts of DGQB's swordsmanship to flow down from Yang Guo to FQY in Smiling Proud Wanderer.
    Doubt that some random person coudl have walked into DGQB's cave between ROCH and SPW and learned the concepts because there were no manuals or anythign, only way Yang Guo learned was through the condor. It's highly unlikely the Condor left Yang Gou's side to teach someoen else the techniques durign ROCH, and even more unlikely that hte Condor survived past ROCH.

Yang Guo or his descendents must have been responsible for passing on the techniques. Since DG9J was never mentioned to have existed in ROCH, isn't it highly possible that Yang Guo or his descendant invented DG9J, a modificatoin of his heavy iron sword technique? Yang Guo had faced or encountered enough types of weapons and attacks in his lifeteime - the whip of htat mongolian lackey treasure hunter, golden wheel monks wheels, sabre and sword from Gong Sun Zhi, the extremely Yang XL18, the staff of H7G and OYF, projectiles of LMC - aren't these the attacks that DG9J purports being able to break? Calling DG9J being able to break all techniques sounds arrogant, but that goes in line with Yang Guo's personality (he thought he coudl break the Golden Monk's wheel with a wodden sword)

Isn't it possible that Yang Guo just called it DG9J in honor of DGQB because the principles of DG9J is based off of what was used in the iron sword technique, formlessness. (Not to mention that the name sounds hell as cool).