Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lady Yeung (Yellow Robed Lady) Info Thread

One more thign, woudln't the battle at fort Xiang Yang prove that Yang Guo's internal energy is better than the GWM's.

Ranking hte weapons used: 1) Goldwn Wheels 2) normal sword used by Yang Guo, 3) Wodden Sword used by Yang Guo.

Since 2) and 1) countered each other, the sword broke but so did some of the wheels. Doesn't it mean that Yang Guo's energy must be highte rto use an inferior weapon to break the wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu
    One more thign, woudln't the battle at fort Xiang Yang prove that Yang Guo's internal energy is better than the GWM's.

Ranking hte weapons used: 1) Goldwn Wheels 2) normal sword used by Yang Guo, 3) Wodden Sword used by Yang Guo.

Since 2) and 1) countered each other, the sword broke but so did some of the wheels. Doesn't it mean that Yang Guo's energy must be highte rto use an inferior weapon to break the wheels?

Possibly, but Yeung Gor brought no wooden sword to that battle. He used two normal swords, both of which shattered, and had to finish the fight with his bare hand.

The wheels didn't break. Yg was able to knock it out of GWM's hands and kill a bunch of mongol soliders IIRC. IMO they seemed pretty equal in terms of inner power. Their single palm clash ended in a draw, with both fighters fearing each other and wondering how his opponent had improved so much.

GWM's Elephant Dragon Wisdom skill is pretty frightening though. GWM had reached only the tenth level yet his stikes seemed so much more powerful when compared to the pre-16 year seperation GWM. I think before the sixteen year seperation he was at the ninth level,although it was never stated. It's too bad that it's probably impossible for a human to reach the 13th level, im curious to see how insanly powerful it would be. Just the 10th level was able to match Yg, who could repel the waves from the sea with a wooden sword.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 12-14-05 at 08:43 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    GWM's Elephant Dragon Wisdom skill is pretty frightening though. GWM had reached only the tenth level yet his stikes seemed so much more powerful when compared to the pre-16 year seperation GWM. I think before the sixteen year seperation he was at the ninth level,although it was never stated. It's too bad that it's probably impossible for a human to reach the 13th level, im curious to see how insanly powerful it would be. Just the 10th level was able to match Yg, who could repel the waves from the sea with a wooden sword.
    Lung Jeung Bor Yeh Gung was such an incredible skill that it's a shame that we heard no more about it after the Golden Wheel Monk's death. From the way it's described, I'm not sure that even the 9 Yum Jen Ging or 9 Yeung Jen Ging were necessarily superior to it.

Hey isn't it very likely that Lady Yang would know DG9J?

Think about it, there must have been some way path for the concepts of DGQB's swordsmanship to flow down from Yang Guo to FQY in Smiling Proud Wanderer.
    Doubt that some random person coudl have walked into DGQB's cave between ROCH and SPW and learned the concepts because there were no manuals or anythign, only way Yang Guo learned was through the condor. It's highly unlikely the Condor left Yang Gou's side to teach someoen else the techniques durign ROCH, and even more unlikely that hte Condor survived past ROCH.

Yang Guo or his descendents must have been responsible for passing on the techniques. Since DG9J was never mentioned to have existed in ROCH, isn't it highly possible that Yang Guo or his descendant invented DG9J, a modificatoin of his heavy iron sword technique? Yang Guo had faced or encountered enough types of weapons and attacks in his lifeteime - the whip of htat mongolian lackey treasure hunter, golden wheel monks wheels, sabre and sword from Gong Sun Zhi, the extremely Yang XL18, the staff of H7G and OYF, projectiles of LMC - aren't these the attacks that DG9J purports being able to break? Calling DG9J being able to break all techniques sounds arrogant, but that goes in line with Yang Guo's personality (he thought he coudl break the Golden Monk's wheel with a wodden sword)

Isn't it possible that Yang Guo just called it DG9J in honor of DGQB because the principles of DG9J is based off of what was used in the iron sword technique, formlessness. (Not to mention that the name sounds hell as cool).

Any takers on this?

Your theory is interesting, bobby. Nevertheless, I think the gap between Dugu 9 Swords and Dugu Qiubai's martial arts in ROCH is essentially a matter of deus-ex-machina, a forced outcome. We must accept that Dugu 9 Swords is not mentioned in ROCH, while it is still created by Dugu Qiubai (because Feng Qingyang said so). Your theory would insist that either 1) Feng Qingyang was fooled about Dugu Qiubai inventing 9 Swords, or 2) Feng Qingyang knew the truth, but concealed it to Linghu Chong.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Any takers on this?
    It's possible, but due to the lack of additional evidence to support the theory, that's all we can say about it: it's possible.

Default Lady Yeung (Yellow Robed Lady) Info Thread

I didn't know if there was already an answer on this.

I was rewatching the ROCH95 verison..and the Tony Leng's version of Dragon sabre.

Does anyone know if JinYong ever admitted to who that girl in the dragon sabre is -- that seems to be somehow related to XLN and YG? She appears twice in the novel/movie..dragonsabre --

After rewatching ROCJ95, I have to admit I like this version alot since it kept with the book probably 95% of the time..except they didn't put the last chapter about the martial art leader, zhangsanfeng.

In the Dragon sabre (I think that's the english name) -- , guosheng never does ever see XLN and YG again, correct? That seems sad to me.

One thing I found interesting in JingYong's ROCH novel is that people don't see each other for years -- like WongYong's dad don't see his own daughter for 10+ years at a time, or GuoJing doesn't see his sifu, HongTuckGong, for years. Don't these people miss each other?

So I guess I didn't find it surprising that XLN and YG "disappears" the rest of their life...after being parted for 16 years...

and basically it's inferred that GuoJing and his family, except guosheng, actually dies in their trying to save the dynasty from mongolia right?

Visit the Wuxia Fiction forum. The question about the girl has been asked and answered at least twice a year, and almost every year.

The girl dressed in yellow is a descendant of XLN and YG, the beggar clan leader's daughter called her Yang jie. So we only know that her surname is Yang.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I didn't know if the Wuxia fiction was "fiction" being some people decide to write their own extension novels...

My questions was rather did JinYong himself ever admit...that in JinYong's mind or intent who...not in "our minds" and our speculation...

I know the girl is the descendant but it has never been clear..so i didn't know if jinyong finally gave an answer...

I will go back wuxia..if there is an answer..perhaps I missed it.

It was never spelled out explicitly that Yellow-dressed Lady is the descendant of Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu. However the clues are fairly obvious:

-Yellow-dressed Lady is the only person in HSDS (other than the practitioner) to recognize 9 Yin White Bone Claw. SOURCE: Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu practiced 9 Yin.

-She is incomparably fast, just like Xiao Longnu.

-Her last name is Yang

-Of all the organizations in the world, she backed the Beggar's Union. Reason: Yang Guo was good buddies with Yelu Qi, chief of Beggar's Union after ROCH.

-As she exited the novel, these are the words she declared: "Behind Mount Zhongnan, inside the Lifeless Tomb, the condor hero and his companion cease to exist in the martial world."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    It was never spelled out explicitly that Yellow-dressed Lady is the descendant of Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu. However the clues are fairly obvious:

-Yellow-dressed Lady is the only person in HSDS (other than the practitioner) to recognize 9 Yin White Bone Claw. SOURCE: Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu practiced 9 Yin.

-She is incomparably fast, just like Xiao Longnu.

-Her last name is Yang

-Of all the organizations in the world, she backed the Beggar's Union. Reason: Yang Guo was good buddies with Yelu Qi, chief of Beggar's Union after ROCH.

-As she exited the novel, these are the words she declared: "Behind Mount Zhongnan, inside the Lifeless Tomb, the condor hero and his companion cease to exist in the martial world."
    In addition Yang Guo had a friendship with Hong 7 Gong before H7G died too. Don't forget that.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    In addition Yang Guo had a friendship with Hong 7 Gong before H7G died too. Don't forget that.
    And of course, Yeung Gor's aunt, Wong Yung, was a Beggar's Union Chief as well.

We can never know for sure if Lady Yeung is the biological descendent of Yeung Gor, but she is definitely associated with Yeung Gor in a very direct way.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post

How much of 9yin did Wang Chongyang actually leave on the wall? I've read somewhere that it was only the techniques used to counter the Ancient Tomb's martial arts, hence the Soul-altering spell (and presumably the evasion moves as well), but Yang Guo was later able to recognise the Demon-subduing fist when used by Zhou Botong, and Lady Yang recognised 9yin claws.

PS. Is it just me, or does Demon-subduig fist sound like a Shaolin technique (with their rather unimaginative set of names)?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    How much of 9yin did Wang Chongyang actually leave on the wall? I've read somewhere that it was only the techniques used to counter the Ancient Tomb's martial arts, hence the Soul-altering spell (and presumably the evasion moves as well), but Yang Guo was later able to recognise the Demon-subduing fist when used by Zhou Botong, and Lady Yang recognised 9yin claws.
    Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung only left a small portion of the 9 Yum Jen Ging inside the Ancient Tomb compound, but Yeung Gor was close to Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, Chow Bak Tung, and 1 Deng...all of whom was conversant in the entire or most of the 9 Yum Jen Ging.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the portion of 9yin inside the ancient tomb was not complete but it had to be sufficent enough to overcome jade maiden skills, which were capable of overcoming quezhen skills, so assuming quezhen skills which are similar to 9yin is equal to about 70% to 80% of 9yin, then WCY would have to have left 70% to 80% of 9yin in the tomb. the author also mentioned through the 9yin was not complete, all the main points and important parts where included. the lacking parts would have been some small portions consisting certain types of martial arts moves that would not have been useful against jade maiden skills. and YG had such a rich background of skills from the greats, that he wouldn't have suffered for their lack. YG used 9yin skills to defend himself against ZBT, and the author mentioned that 9yin had all kind of martial arts so he could hold on easily. so it can be assumed that he had a great deal of 9yin.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Hey isn't it very likely that Lady Yang would know DG9J?

Think about it, there must have been some way path for the concepts of DGQB's swordsmanship to flow down from Yang Guo to FQY in Smiling Proud Wanderer.
    Doubt that some random person coudl have walked into DGQB's cave between ROCH and SPW and learned the concepts because there were no manuals or anythign, only way Yang Guo learned was through the condor. It's highly unlikely the Condor left Yang Gou's side to teach someoen else the techniques durign ROCH, and even more unlikely that hte Condor survived past ROCH.

Yang Guo or his descendents must have been responsible for passing on the techniques. Since DG9J was never mentioned to have existed in ROCH, isn't it highly possible that Yang Guo or his descendant invented DG9J, a modificatoin of his heavy iron sword technique? Yang Guo had faced or encountered enough types of weapons and attacks in his lifeteime - the whip of htat mongolian lackey treasure hunter, golden wheel monks wheels, sabre and sword from Gong Sun Zhi, the extremely Yang XL18, the staff of H7G and OYF, projectiles of LMC - aren't these the attacks that DG9J purports being able to break? Calling DG9J being able to break all techniques sounds arrogant, but that goes in line with Yang Guo's personality (he thought he coudl break the Golden Monk's wheel with a wodden sword)

Isn't it possible that Yang Guo just called it DG9J in honor of DGQB because the principles of DG9J is based off of what was used in the iron sword technique, formlessness. (Not to mention that the name sounds hell as cool).
    I like this theory. It makes sense to me. YG and XLN refining Dugu principles.