Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: Lady Yeung (Yellow Robed Lady) Info Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default Info on the Yang Lady (HSDS)

    How many generation past YG/XLN was she supposed to be when she appeared in HSDS?

  2. #2
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    How many generation past YG/XLN was she supposed to be when she appeared in HSDS?
    Nobody knows. Given the amount of time that had passed since the end of ROCH (about 100 years), however, I reckon she's *at least* their granddaughter if not great granddaughter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default

    I can't imagine how they reproduce... That means must have left the tombs to find their mate.....

  4. #4
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Maybe they had a cloning chamber down in the tomb compound; goodness knows they had everything else down there.

  5. #5
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Doesn't make much sense. If they can keep reproducing then their lives can't be that private. There can't be that much secrets within the Yangs, why is she so "unknown"?

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Doesn't make much sense. If they can keep reproducing then their lives can't be that private. There can't be that much secrets within the Yangs, why is she so "unknown"?
    They kind of keep to themselves. They had their intimates, but stopped being visibly public some time after ROCH.

    We know that the Ancient Tomb Sect and the Beggar's Union leadership maintained relations during the century between ROCH and HSDS (although oddly, not with the Ngor Mei Sect). That's why after Beggar's Union Chief See For Lung was murdered by Sing Kwun, See's daughter knew that she had to go to the Ancient Tomb for help.

  7. #7
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default

    Maybe the Yang Lady is YG/XLN's daughter, but she had obtained so much internal energy she maintained her youth. In actuality she is 90 years old?

  8. #8
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Maybe the Yang Lady is YG/XLN's daughter, but she had obtained so much internal energy she maintained her youth. In actuality she is 90 years old?
    I sure hope not. I can stomach one or two of these characters (Teen San Tung Lo, Little Dragon Girl), but to add yet ANOTHER one makes them a dime a dozen. This kind of thing should be *extremely* rare.

  9. #9
    Senior Member i_fotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    969

    Default

    I just don't see how they can find love, marriage, and reproduction and yet kept everything away from the public/media. They obviously didn't stay in the tomb, or else they wouldn't be able to find their significant other. Besides, that Yang Lady had a bunch of servents and follower. There has to be more info on her.

  10. #10
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    I just don't see how they can find love, marriage, and reproduction and yet kept everything away from the public/media. They obviously didn't stay in the tomb, or else they wouldn't be able to find their significant other.
    Don't forget that those Ancient Tomb types are masters of stealth and evasion. If they don't want to be seen, it's not hard for them to disappear.

    At the same time, however, they can always show up when they want to for whomever they want to. I'm guessing that whoever becomes an intimate of the Ancient Tomb Sect probably swears some kind of oath of secrecy.

    They weren't complete hermits, but they were extremely selective about how, when, and to whom they would reveal themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Besides, that Yang Lady had a bunch of servents and follower. There has to be more info on her.
    They're probably carefully screened and handpicked for their ability to keep secrets as well as do their jobs. As far as we know, until Lady Yeung showed up to bail out Cheung Mo Gei and the Beggar's Union, the Ancient Tomb Sect had been inactive since Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl disappeared.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    As far as we know, until Lady Yeung showed up to bail out Cheung Mo Gei and the Beggar's Union, the Ancient Tomb Sect had been inactive since Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl disappeared.
    Did the older folks in the HSDS era know about the Ancient Tomb, as in have they heard about the Tomb via the deeds of YG, much in the same way that some of the older folks know about 9Yin White Claw (sorry for the bad translation, I'm referring to skill that ZZR picked up)?

  12. #12
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Did the older folks in the HSDS era know about the Ancient Tomb, as in have they heard about the Tomb via the deeds of YG, much in the same way that some of the older folks know about 9Yin White Claw (sorry for the bad translation, I'm referring to skill that ZZR picked up)?
    They'd definitely heard the legendary stories about the Divine Condor Hero Yeung Gor, but were probably fuzzy about the details. The Ancient Tomb Sect had always been very secretive. Much more was known about Gwok Jing and Wong Yung because they had been such highly visible public figures in their day.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I see. Thanks, Ken. It's been aeons since I read the novel and the details are all fuzzy now.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    OT: this may be discussed before. did GJ/HR has any grandchildren and thereafter?

  15. #15
    Senior Member Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ( @ )( @ )
    Posts
    4,651

    Default

    Why do you think they have such a close relationship with the Beggar Clan? One side is full of crazy chicks who want to be secretive. The other is full of sausages and can't be choosers.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

    "I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

  16. #16
    Senior Member xuelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    OT: this may be discussed before. did GJ/HR has any grandchildren and thereafter?
    No

    Is it possible, though, that this Yang lady is not a descendent of YG/XLN at all? Because I find it hard to believe that generation after generation, their descendents just come out looking for a mate that would so obediently go back to some dumb tomb with them to continue the line. Isn't it far more likely that once in a while, the servants go out and come across pitiful orphans and bring them back to the tomb? Then out of all these servants, the most outstanding one is chosen to become heir to all the martial arts and adopts the surname Yang.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    No
    OT: is it ok i post here?
    sorry, pardon my short memory. is it correct?
    guo xiang becomes a nun = first er-meil leader?
    her twin bro = guo xx = died during the war?
    her sis guo fu married yelu but died also during the war?

  18. #18
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    OT: is it ok i post here?
    sorry, pardon my short memory. is it correct?
    guo xiang becomes a nun = first er-meil leader?
    her twin bro = guo xx = died during the war?
    her sis guo fu married yelu but died also during the war?

    You get 100% for the quiz.

    Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's son was named Gwok Por Lo, and he died with his parents in the final Siege of Seung Yeung.

    Gwok Fu's final fate was unspecified. It's possible that she and her husband Yeh Lut Chai survived the final siege, but unlikely.

    Gwok Seung, of course, was indeed the founder of the Ngor Mei Sect.

  19. #19
    Senior Member shen long's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    No

    Is it possible, though, that this Yang lady is not a descendent of YG/XLN at all? Because I find it hard to believe that generation after generation, their descendents just come out looking for a mate that would so obediently go back to some dumb tomb with them to continue the line. Isn't it far more likely that once in a while, the servants go out and come across pitiful orphans and bring them back to the tomb? Then out of all these servants, the most outstanding one is chosen to become heir to all the martial arts and adopts the surname Yang.
    Yeah thats seems more likely, perhaps XLN is infertile(she didn't get pregnant from the rape) and while in travelling with YG adopted a orphan and that orphan in turn adopt another later on.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    You get 100% for the quiz.

    Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's son was named Gwok Por Lo, and he died with his parents in the final Siege of Seung Yeung.

    Gwok Fu's final fate was unspecified. It's possible that she and her husband Yeh Lut Chai survived the final siege, but unlikely.

    Gwok Seung, of course, was indeed the founder of the Ngor Mei Sect.
    Sorry to OT a bit... How abt the other Greats like ZBT, Nanti, HYS? They seem to just disappeared after the ROCH, didn't take any disciples after that. Don't know what happened to Zhuen Jen Sect, Duen Family and Peach Blossom Island.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 07-27-14, 07:52 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-14-13, 05:18 PM
  3. Hello! My Lady
    By yuenwooping in forum Japanese/Korean Dramas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-07, 06:53 AM
  4. Lady magistrate?
    By strawberry in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-06, 01:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •