Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Yeung (Yellow Robed Lady) Info Thread

Default Info on the Yang Lady (HSDS)

How many generation past YG/XLN was she supposed to be when she appeared in HSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    How many generation past YG/XLN was she supposed to be when she appeared in HSDS?
    Nobody knows. Given the amount of time that had passed since the end of ROCH (about 100 years), however, I reckon she's *at least* their granddaughter if not great granddaughter.

I can't imagine how they reproduce... That means must have left the tombs to find their mate.....

Maybe they had a cloning chamber down in the tomb compound; goodness knows they had everything else down there.

Doesn't make much sense. If they can keep reproducing then their lives can't be that private. There can't be that much secrets within the Yangs, why is she so "unknown"?

Doesn't make much sense. If they can keep reproducing then their lives can't be that private. There can't be that much secrets within the Yangs, why is she so "unknown"?
    They kind of keep to themselves. They had their intimates, but stopped being visibly public some time after ROCH.

We know that the Ancient Tomb Sect and the Beggar's Union leadership maintained relations during the century between ROCH and HSDS (although oddly, not with the Ngor Mei Sect). That's why after Beggar's Union Chief See For Lung was murdered by Sing Kwun, See's daughter knew that she had to go to the Ancient Tomb for help.

Maybe the Yang Lady is YG/XLN's daughter, but she had obtained so much internal energy she maintained her youth. In actuality she is 90 years old?

Maybe the Yang Lady is YG/XLN's daughter, but she had obtained so much internal energy she maintained her youth. In actuality she is 90 years old?
    I sure hope not. I can stomach one or two of these characters (Teen San Tung Lo, Little Dragon Girl), but to add yet ANOTHER one makes them a dime a dozen. This kind of thing should be *extremely* rare.

I just don't see how they can find love, marriage, and reproduction and yet kept everything away from the public/media. They obviously didn't stay in the tomb, or else they wouldn't be able to find their significant other. Besides, that Yang Lady had a bunch of servents and follower. There has to be more info on her.

I just don't see how they can find love, marriage, and reproduction and yet kept everything away from the public/media. They obviously didn't stay in the tomb, or else they wouldn't be able to find their significant other.
    Don't forget that those Ancient Tomb types are masters of stealth and evasion. If they don't want to be seen, it's not hard for them to disappear.

At the same time, however, they can always show up when they want to for whomever they want to. I'm guessing that whoever becomes an intimate of the Ancient Tomb Sect probably swears some kind of oath of secrecy.

They weren't complete hermits, but they were extremely selective about how, when, and to whom they would reveal themselves.

Besides, that Yang Lady had a bunch of servents and follower. There has to be more info on her.
    They're probably carefully screened and handpicked for their ability to keep secrets as well as do their jobs. As far as we know, until Lady Yeung showed up to bail out Cheung Mo Gei and the Beggar's Union, the Ancient Tomb Sect had been inactive since Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    As far as we know, until Lady Yeung showed up to bail out Cheung Mo Gei and the Beggar's Union, the Ancient Tomb Sect had been inactive since Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl disappeared.
    Did the older folks in the HSDS era know about the Ancient Tomb, as in have they heard about the Tomb via the deeds of YG, much in the same way that some of the older folks know about 9Yin White Claw (sorry for the bad translation, I'm referring to skill that ZZR picked up)?

Quote Originally Posted by miette
    Did the older folks in the HSDS era know about the Ancient Tomb, as in have they heard about the Tomb via the deeds of YG, much in the same way that some of the older folks know about 9Yin White Claw (sorry for the bad translation, I'm referring to skill that ZZR picked up)?
    They'd definitely heard the legendary stories about the Divine Condor Hero Yeung Gor, but were probably fuzzy about the details. The Ancient Tomb Sect had always been very secretive. Much more was known about Gwok Jing and Wong Yung because they had been such highly visible public figures in their day.

I see. Thanks, Ken. It's been aeons since I read the novel and the details are all fuzzy now.

OT: this may be discussed before. did GJ/HR has any grandchildren and thereafter?

Why do you think they have such a close relationship with the Beggar Clan? One side is full of crazy chicks who want to be secretive. The other is full of sausages and can't be choosers.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    OT: this may be discussed before. did GJ/HR has any grandchildren and thereafter?
    No

Is it possible, though, that this Yang lady is not a descendent of YG/XLN at all? Because I find it hard to believe that generation after generation, their descendents just come out looking for a mate that would so obediently go back to some dumb tomb with them to continue the line. Isn't it far more likely that once in a while, the servants go out and come across pitiful orphans and bring them back to the tomb? Then out of all these servants, the most outstanding one is chosen to become heir to all the martial arts and adopts the surname Yang.

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    No
    OT: is it ok i post here?
    sorry, pardon my short memory. is it correct?
    guo xiang becomes a nun = first er-meil leader?
    her twin bro = guo xx = died during the war?
    her sis guo fu married yelu but died also during the war?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    OT: is it ok i post here?
    sorry, pardon my short memory. is it correct?
    guo xiang becomes a nun = first er-meil leader?
    her twin bro = guo xx = died during the war?
    her sis guo fu married yelu but died also during the war?

You get 100% for the quiz.

Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's son was named Gwok Por Lo, and he died with his parents in the final Siege of Seung Yeung.

Gwok Fu's final fate was unspecified. It's possible that she and her husband Yeh Lut Chai survived the final siege, but unlikely.

Gwok Seung, of course, was indeed the founder of the Ngor Mei Sect.

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    No

Is it possible, though, that this Yang lady is not a descendent of YG/XLN at all? Because I find it hard to believe that generation after generation, their descendents just come out looking for a mate that would so obediently go back to some dumb tomb with them to continue the line. Isn't it far more likely that once in a while, the servants go out and come across pitiful orphans and bring them back to the tomb? Then out of all these servants, the most outstanding one is chosen to become heir to all the martial arts and adopts the surname Yang.
    Yeah thats seems more likely, perhaps XLN is infertile(she didn't get pregnant from the rape) and while in travelling with YG adopted a orphan and that orphan in turn adopt another later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    You get 100% for the quiz.

Gwok Jing and Wong Yung's son was named Gwok Por Lo, and he died with his parents in the final Siege of Seung Yeung.

Gwok Fu's final fate was unspecified. It's possible that she and her husband Yeh Lut Chai survived the final siege, but unlikely.

Gwok Seung, of course, was indeed the founder of the Ngor Mei Sect.
    Sorry to OT a bit... How abt the other Greats like ZBT, Nanti, HYS? They seem to just disappeared after the ROCH, didn't take any disciples after that. Don't know what happened to Zhuen Jen Sect, Duen Family and Peach Blossom Island.