Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)

  1. #1
    Member Anekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)



    This series is currently showing everywhere in china, Ive only seen up ep 17 and it rocks.....the dvd box set (mando) will be released on 6 Nov 07...but if u prefer canto, u mite need to wait a bit longer...


    http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1005069302/
    Last edited by Anekin; 10-24-07 at 03:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Member Anekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Some pics













  3. #3
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    The DVD and vcd versions are on sale in Singapore.
    I just got the DVD set today

    Awesome English subtitled.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484
    Last edited by Surferket; 10-24-07 at 11:06 AM.

  5. #5
    Member Anekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Thanks for sharing the themes Surferket
    wow, as if the dvd is out before its finished showing on tv

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Few days ago I was still searching around for the eps. to watch online... suddenly Scorpio East just release the Dvd... LOL I shall go rent it!
    Btw Ekin will be coming to town on next sat to promote Huo Yuan Jia Dvd/Vcd.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    From what I'd seen, this is a good series to watch.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sunnysnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    Thank you for the opening and ending videos, they're very nicely done, especially the opening video. Great to see Ekin and Gordan together again, they had very good chemistry in the Young and Dangerous movies. Ekin looks really cool and suave in here (just like most of his costume roles)..reminds me of his portrayal of Hua Yingxiong in "A man called Hero".
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

    Wise Fool

  9. #9
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Woah, the opening theme sounds very nostalgic of the 80s TVB themesongs.

    The ending song is such a nice duet. who are the singers?

    I'm surprised that Ekin would actually shave his head for this role.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Yah the kind of heroic Cantonese songs that Roman Tam used to sing as opening themes for TVB series. This opening theme is very good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Woah, the opening theme sounds very nostalgic of the 80s TVB themesongs.

    The ending song is such a nice duet. who are the singers?

    I'm surprised that Ekin would actually shave his head for this role.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Hoju!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Yah the kind of heroic Cantonese songs that Roman Tam used to sing as opening themes for TVB series. This opening theme is very good.
    That's because it is a song from the 80's. This was the themesong for the ATV's Legendary Fok, which was also a series on Huo Yuan Jia (amazing series btw).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHS1kd7w8Xo

    I can't wait to watch this series. The ending theme is beautiful too!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    LOL they just reused the original song for the new version.
    What's the name of the young actor who played HYJ? He's got real martial arts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    That's because it is a song from the 80's. This was the themesong for the ATV's Legendary Fok, which was also a series on Huo Yuan Jia (amazing series btw).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHS1kd7w8Xo

    I can't wait to watch this series. The ending theme is beautiful too!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Ren Ying Ying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hell in the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Woah, the opening theme sounds very nostalgic of the 80s TVB themesongs.

    The ending song is such a nice duet. who are the singers?

    I'm surprised that Ekin would actually shave his head for this role.
    yes, it seems as if there's a trend to make remakes...and then use the same songs for the remakes these days.

    he seems to have less movies these days. his popularity might be dwindling...his hair can't save his him. j/k
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 10-26-07 at 04:09 AM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Hoju!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    LOL they just reused the original song for the new version.
    What's the name of the young actor who played HYJ? He's got real martial arts.
    Do you mean in Legendary Fok? That is 黃元申 Huang Yuan Shen (Wong Yuen Sun in canto). Yup, he does know martial arts. I read that after he finished the role of HYJ, he became a monk.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 10-26-07 at 02:16 PM.

  15. #15
    Member Anekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I heard ekin will be in malaysia too on the 4th Nov to promote the dvd

    Those that are watching the series, how are u finding it so far? I reckon they could have got better prettier female leads :P:P Wish they had the orignal actors to dub their own voices too :P

  16. #16
    Member WuxiaGem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Is this a mainland series or Hong Kong series?

    I really like the look/feel of this series. It is very cinematic with its dark and muted tones as opposed to the bright colors that TVB series tend to prefer.

    Who are the main actresses? I really like Huo Yuan Jia's wife but he seems interested in the daughter of the rival family. If anyone could tell me who the actresses are and what previous work they've done, I'd be really grateful! Unfortunately, there's not much English information on this series.

  17. #17
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    What is Jordan Chan's role in this series? Somehow the image of him being Wei Xiao Bo still leaves an imprint in my mind. It would be nice to see him in a more serious role.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What is Jordan Chan's role in this series? Somehow the image of him being Wei Xiao Bo still leaves an imprint in my mind. It would be nice to see him in a more serious role.
    Jordan plays Chen Zhen... the same character played by Bruce Liang in ATV's Legendary Fok and Donnie Yen in 1995 ATV's Fist of Fury.

  19. #19
    Member Anekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    Is this a mainland series or Hong Kong series?

    I really like the look/feel of this series. It is very cinematic with its dark and muted tones as opposed to the bright colors that TVB series tend to prefer.

    Who are the main actresses? I really like Huo Yuan Jia's wife but he seems interested in the daughter of the rival family. If anyone could tell me who the actresses are and what previous work they've done, I'd be really grateful! Unfortunately, there's not much English information on this series.
    Its a mainland series, but the producer is HK director Benny Chan (the director of "Divergence" - an ekin movie)...

    The 2 female leads are new...dont think they have done any previous work esp Zhou Mu Ying 周牧茵who plays the rival's daughter) she is still uni studying acting...and Huo's wife, her name is Ding Li 丁莉not quite sure which previous work she's been in um...)
    Last edited by Anekin; 10-28-07 at 02:25 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Surferket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Seriously, Jordan's a bit too old to be playing Chen Zhen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    Jordan plays Chen Zhen... the same character played by Bruce Liang in ATV's Legendary Fok and Donnie Yen in 1995 ATV's Fist of Fury.

Similar Threads

  1. Ekin Cheng
    By <34melissa in forum Actors
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-29-07, 06:56 AM
  2. Ekin Cheng & Gigi Leung ends Romance!
    By cherrie in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-10-07, 09:15 PM
  3. Flora Chan Married Again! On Love & Returning to TVB in 2007
    By Snow*Flake in forum Entertainment News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-01-07, 06:58 AM
  4. Stars Boulevard-Ruby lin & Jordan Chan
    By zhashi in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-07, 10:16 PM
  5. Did Cheng Jia Luo ever get together with Huo Qing tong?
    By mephisto04 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-05, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •