Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Seriously, Jordan's a bit too old to be playing Chen Zhen.
    I guess... but I heard that Jordan's Chen Zhen will be different to the other portrayals of Chen Zhen in the past. This Chen Zhen apparently will be alot more mischievous.

Also... I think Jordan currently is filming another series which is suppose to be the sequel to this Huo Yuan Jia series called 'Jing Wu Chen Zhen' (or Jing Wu Ying Xiong) but gone with the bald front and pigtails

The Manchus were overthrown by then so no more pigtails.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    I guess... but I heard that Jordan's Chen Zhen will be different to the other portrayals of Chen Zhen in the past. This Chen Zhen apparently will be alot more mischievous.

Also... I think Jordan currently is filming another series which is suppose to be the sequel to this Huo Yuan Jia series called 'Jing Wu Chen Zhen' (or Jing Wu Ying Xiong) but gone with the bald front and pigtails

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    The Manchus were overthrown by then so no more pigtails.
    Yeah, this is what he looks like though. I was just looking up some updates on it and it looks like the production for this has also just wrapped up

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.daqing.net/news/ent/upimg/20070903/102131_01_876.jpg')

This is like a remake of an earlier Vincent Zhao's HYJ with a Chen Zheng Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin View Post
    Its a mainland series, but the producer is HK director Benny Chan (the director of "Divergence" - an ekin movie)...

The 2 female leads are new...dont think they have done any previous work esp Zhou Mu Ying 周牧茵who plays the rival's daughter) she is still uni studying acting...and Huo's wife, her name is Ding Li 丁莉not quite sure which previous work she's been in um...)

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to see some new artists introduced. My favorite character so far (I'm only a quarter way through the series) is Wang Yun, Huo Yuan Jia's "wife." I am ambivalent about Qian Nan because I can't decide if she has a strong personality or if she is just selfish. Jordan Chan's Chen Zhen is really cute: he's a bit dumb but totally loyal and kind.

Yep Yep i like Wan Yun too, dont really like Qian Nan at all....

Jordan is a bit mischievous at the beginning but afterwards his character is just dull....even HYJ's eldest disciple is better than him (no offense).....it doesnt really matter wat age Chen Zhen is coz he's fictional anyways...

Yep Yep there's a sequel to HYJ as Maz999 mentioned....apparently its almost finsihed filming now

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin View Post
    Jordan is a bit mischievous at the beginning but afterwards his character is just dull....even HYJ's eldest disciple is better than him (no offense).....it doesnt really matter wat age Chen Zhen is coz he's fictional anyways...
    I haven't started watching this series yet but is HYJ's eldest disciple happen to be called Liu Zhensheng? The character was in other HYJ series/movies also as the eldest disciple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    I haven't started watching this series yet but is HYJ's eldest disciple happen to be called Liu Zhensheng? The character was in other HYJ series/movies also as the eldest disciple.

yes yes HYJ's eldest disciple is Liu Zheng Sheng...in this series, he is 3 days older than HyJ and Chen Zhen is 2 years younger than HYJ......

The music in this series is pretty awesome. I especially like the Japanese song that they played when Chen Zhen finally decided to give up on revenge.

Does anyone know why HYJ is the fourth brother when he only has 2 brothers older than him? Where is no. 3?

i was wondering about that too.....on wiki it says HYJ has 9 siblings and they never mentioned them either....

has anyone noticed that in china series they like to put reference (in the end credits) of where they actors came from? eg HYJ --EKin Cheng (HK), CZ--Jordan Chan(HK) blah blah

Default For the KL fans

Hong Kong star comes to town

Hong Kong star comes to town

Hong Kong artiste Ekin Cheng will be in town to meet fans next month, in conjunction with the release of Chinese TV serial The Legend of Hua Yuan Jia.

Cheng portrays titular character Huo Yuan Jia, the legendary Chinese martial arts master who founded the now global Chin Woo Foundation.

As one of the most famous fighters in China at the turn of the 20th century, Huo championed martial arts as a method of self-defence and a way of improving oneself mentally and physically.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://star-ecentral.com/archives/2007/10/27/tvnradio/f_p39HuoYuan.jpg')
    A scene from TV serial The Legend of Huo Yuan Jia starring Ekin Cheng

Till this day, Huo remains a national hero for his fearless stand against foreign threats and his persevered effort in spreading martial arts to his fellow compatriots.

As part of the The Legend of Huo Yuan Jia Ekin Cheng Tour 2007 campaign, Cheng will be in Kuala Lumpur from Nov 4-Nov 5 to share his experiences of filming the costume drama in various locations in China.

Catch the Hong Kong star in person and get his autograph on Nov 4 at 2pm at the main concourse area of 1 Utama Shopping Mall, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, or at 8pm on the Lower Ground Floor of Cheras Leisure Mall, Kuala Lumpur, or on Nov 5 at 3.30pm at Chin Woo Association, Kuala Lumpur.

Highlights include lion dance performances on Nov 4 and martial arts performances on Nov 5. There will also be photoshoots and Q&A sessions as well as various games and activities hosted by the actor.

For more information about the tour, drop by your nearest Speedy Video outlets or stay tuned to 8TV and 988 FM for more information of his whereabouts.

Now, you also stand to win a DVD boxset of the series by taking part in a contest. Ten sets are up for grabs and the closing date of the contest is Nov 10.

Just answer two questions and complete a slogan in no more than 15 words.

1) Who plays the title character in The Legend of Huo Yuan Jia?

2) Who is the founder of Chin Woo Foundation?

Then complete the following slogan: I admire Huo Yuan Jia because . . .

Post your entries to:

The Legend of Huo Yuan Jia
    Ekin Cheng Tour 2007 Contest
    Speedy Video
    23-31, Jalan 1/76
    Desa Pandan
    Jalan Kampung Pandan
    55100 Kuala Lumpur

so is the fighting scenes done nicely like real good choregraphed action or mostly wire work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    so is the fighting scenes done nicely like real good choregraphed action or mostly wire work?
    They use real choreographed action; no wires that I'm aware of. Makes sense since HYJ is a real historical person whereas wires are usually used for doing really fancy and highly improbable actions that could only be accomplished by fictional characters like Yang Guo.

OMG ep 34 was soooooo sad
    ekin's acting was superb , definitely the best performance's his done so far....

Finally finsihed watching it......overall its okay...it would have been so much better if they cut it down to 30 eps and only put the key points in.......wish there were more fight scenes and the use of weapons The last fight was quite touching (but i liked the Jet-Li's version a little bit better---more tramatic)...........and who hates Chen Zhen in this???? I thought he meant to be very loyal and true to HYJ.....he knew HYJ will die and done nothing about it....he's not meant to be a love-sick useless prick....anyways that was just some of my opinions

Default Huo Yuan Jia DVD (with eng subs)

wei wei...the eng subs with both canto and mando version will be released on 7th Dec
    thank God i didnt buy the first released version haha (but its expensive $63 AUD) :P:P

http://global.yesasia.com/en/Prd ... eos/pid-1005111159/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/59/111/l_p1005111159.jpg')

Product Information

Product Title : Huo Yuan Jia (2007) (DVD) (End) (English Subtitled) (US Version)
    Region Code : (What is it?)
    Picture Format : (What is it?)
    Artist Name(s) : Ekin Cheng | Jordan Chan | Zhou Mu Yin
    Release Date : December 7, 2007 (Pre-order your copy now!)
    Language : Cantonese, Mandarin
    Subtitle : English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
    Package Weight : 260 g
    Publisher : Tai Seng Video (US)
    Other Information : 7DVDs (Ep.1-42)
    YesAsia Catalog No. : 1005111159
    Shipment Unit : 2 (What is it?)

Ekin chan yeah

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I'm glad to see some new artists introduced. My favorite character so far (I'm only a quarter way through the series) is Wang Yun, Huo Yuan Jia's "wife." I am ambivalent about Qian Nan because I can't decide if she has a strong personality or if she is just selfish. Jordan Chan's Chen Zhen is really cute: he's a bit dumb but totally loyal and kind.
    is wang yun the daughter of the rival that HYJ like?

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    is wang yun the daughter of the rival that HYJ like?
    Wang Yun is HYJ's wife who he married when he was a kid (back in the old days, ppl believed that if you're got a sick kid, its good luck to get the kid married to someone slightly older (so she can look after him))...

Xian Lan is the rival's daughter...