Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huo Yuan Jia 霍元甲 2007 (Ekin Cheng & Jordan Chan)

I thought this series was amazing. Well written script and the actors were great, especially Jordan Chen. I wrote a long, somewhat spoilerfree review if anyone's interested in reading it: http://users.livejournal.com/_byakko/128400.html#cutid1

this series been out at my local store anyone mind telling me if the action scenes are done very good? n is there alot of action or more story? is it anything good compare to donnie's version as chen chen.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Does any know if this series has been released in Vietnamese? If so, what is the title? I've been searching for it, but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    this series been out at my local store anyone mind telling me if the action scenes are done very good? n is there alot of action or more story? is it anything good compare to donnie's version as chen chen.
    The action scenes are very, very well done. They use wire work but nothing looks exaggerated and most of the time they stay realistic. The punches actually look forceful as well. It's a mixture of both action and story, I'd say it's about 50/50.

Check out my Youtube clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post

looks pretty good i'll check it out. still like donnies version of chen chen bc of his awesome fighting scenes. man donnie yen should be in more action series instead of movies. now that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by fargone2000 View Post
    Here is a link to the Japanese version of the song. This is the mp3 file. Enjoy

Japanese version
    OMG. I looked for hours for this song... Thank you so much. You probably saved me another 2 weeks of hair pulling from frustration.
    hehe, I signed up just to say that. Thanks again.
    edit: Do you know the details of the song, such as artist and album?
    Last edited by Dragn; 05-14-08 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Add question

hi,
    does any one know who Ekin end up loving??
    Does he love his wife at all?? cause I really like her...
    thanks

wait, so ekin's character is the same one jet li played in Fearless? so that means his family will also get killed? but i don't even know which woman HYJ will choose. i was searching for some information about HYJ, but i couldn't find anything about his family being killed. i wonder if it really happened.

the fighting is very good. i was like "wow, nice one..." throughout all of the fighting scenes.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

How long did it take to make this series?
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by L4love View Post
    wait, so ekin's character is the same one jet li played in Fearless? so that means his family will also get killed? but i don't even know which woman HYJ will choose. i was searching for some information about HYJ, but i couldn't find anything about his family being killed. i wonder if it really happened.

the fighting is very good. i was like "wow, nice one..." throughout all of the fighting scenes.
    Yes, Ekin and Jet Li played the same person, Huo Yuan Jia. The movie Fearless just fictionalize the part about his family being killed, in real life, his family is not killed. Huo Yuan Jia still has family members living today.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yes, Ekin and Jet Li played the same person, Huo Yuan Jia. The movie Fearless just fictionalize the part about his family being killed, in real life, his family is not killed. Huo Yuan Jia still has family members living today.

oh ok, good. less tearful scenes for me. thanks for the info.
    Currently watching:

• We got married
    • Moonlight Resonance
    • and many more...

"LEARN FROM YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY, HOPE FOR TOMORROW."

Anyone know if Ekin and Jordan are dubbed over in the cantonese version?

I'm looking now the 2008 version with Ekin. My question is which one is better?

This or the 2001 version with Vincent.
    Here is the themesong of the 2001.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVmu4...eature=related

anyone who has this song and want to share?

Ye Shang (夜殇) by Mao Ning and Chen Ming (毛宁, 陈明)

I have it but it's incompleted (3:14) ... cut off at the end

the real version up to 4 minutes:
    http://www.shuier.com.cn/cgi-bin/top...emode=1&show=0
    Last edited by jamewoong; 08-28-08 at 05:42 PM.

I just finished this series and it is so good! I've heard of Huo Yuan Jia a few times before probably in one of those series about Jordan Chan's character, but I've never gotten to watch a series solely about him. Such great history I learned watching this

I'm quite ashamed to admit this but aside from the historical part of this series, I also loved watching it for Ekin and the actress paired with him. (NOT his fiance) They had good chemistry. Does anyone know who she is??

Is it just me or did anyone else watch the Viet version and found that they might've cut out a lot of scenes? Lots of things were fastened up and Huo Yuan Jia didn't even get to talk in his last moments.
    WU ZUN ! <3

I am a big Ekin Cheng but I think that the man that play his father stole the show for me! The series was a bit draggy and I was disappointed with the fight scene, it looked like they were just slapping hands with bad camera angles. Another thing was the cheap cheesy split effects that they gave the the Japanese fighter that came to revenge his brother in-law at the end.

I also saw the sequel and I liked it way ways better! You guys should check it out, the story is more interesting with better fighting scene, ways better! You will be surprise! I jump in Joy Jordan comes out to kick everyones ***!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I am a big Ekin Cheng but I think that the man that play his father stole the show for me!
    I also saw the sequel and I liked it way ways better! You guys should check it out, the story is more interesting with better fighting scene, ways better! You will be surprise! I jump in Joy Jordan comes out to kick everyones ***!
    yes yes love the father too, and he was awesome too in LOCH, i don't know if there was a sequel, what is the title?

Quote Originally Posted by kblyear View Post
    yes yes love the father too, and he was awesome too in LOCH, i don't know if there was a sequel, what is the title?
    Humm I am not sure of it's English title, I watch the movie in Khmer it is about Jordan Chan Character Chen Zhen, the theme song is also very good in this series , sounds very 80's I just love it! The story takes place 10 year after HYJ death. I like the main actress in this series also, she is very cute!!

is there a sequel to this? does anyone know what it's called?