Thread: Crazy to love-Korean serial

Wink Crazy to love-Korean serial

[SIZE=3]Lately, a craze has come to Manipur. ISTV, our Manipuri cable channel aired Korean serials. I saw one, and was hooked. In the American soaps, the serial makers just put thousands of twists and turns in the tale to keep the viewers hooked. For instance, ‘Bold and Beautiful’ has been running from my Miranda House Days. All kinds of impossible events are strung together to put forth a soapy meaningless drama. I got fed up midway though the dialogue and emotions were good. But the Korean serials are so refreshingly different. I bought a few recently. The one I have been watching recently moved my heart in a way it hasn’t for ages…my heart churned and turned, and ached…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Serial name: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Crazy to love:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Lee Mi Yeon[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Gye-sang Yun[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Lee Jong Hyuk[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Xu Zenying(an airplane technician, supervisor)(let me call her Ms Xu, the heroine) is in love with Zaixun,(a pilot) so deeply in love that though they were merely engaged, they considered themselves husband and wife. Xuanzhe(a pilot), Zaixun’s and Zenying’s mutual friend loves Zenying secretly…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jin Caizun (the hero) who dreams of becoming an airplane pilot has an unfortunate accident while driving…He runs down Zaixun, who dies instantly. Caizun is jailed, thus has a criminal record. He also suffered from severe guilt pangs for killing a man, though it may be unwittingly.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Zaixun’s parents grieving for their son takes in the suffering Ms Xu, who would have been their daughter in law, as their daughter. They live together; Ms Xu’s real parents have died.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Jin Caizun after his release from jail who goes through severe self turmoil and self loathing, (especially as Ms Xu, who has never seen him before, send him an embittered letter pouring out her pain and hate for him. Zaixun’s parents also cursed him when they came to meet their son’s killer when he was in jail) ultimately gets hired as an airplane mechanic trainee under Ms Xu who is his direct leader. Ms Xu sees how hard Caizun works, how reliable and dependable, honest and sincere an employee Caizun is. Instinctively, she trusts him. When Caizun goes through turmoil because of his past, it is Ms Xu who counsels him, trusts him and infuses in him new faith in himself, thereby healing him. She never enquires what he had done in the past, though he told her that he has committed a grievous crime…and hints that it may be murder. She helps him lay the past to rest. The inevitable happens. They are falling in love. Ms Xu still clings to memories of her dead lover and she goes through turmoil for she had thought she would love him forever. But she can’t help enjoying her moments with Jin Caizun who makes her laugh and have fun. She loves seeing him smile. She is good friends with Xuanzhe (her dead lover’s friend) too, but she loves him only as a friend, nothing more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There are beautiful scenes where Ms Xu and Caizun eat noodle together. He watches her…and can’t help voicing his love for her. He tells her suddenly that he likes her, though he calls her chief, or Ms Xu. She is shaken, and gets up to go. He runs after her, and says sorry for having dared to voice his feelings…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There is also the beautiful scene where Caizun tells Ms Xu...I love you[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]A few days later she tells him that…she is confused and doesn’t know her own feelings yet...but that she is sure of only one thing: that it is he, Caizun…the one whose smile she wants to see daily…and that’s enough for her. He says that, that is enough for him too.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]There is the scene where Ms Xu talks to her adopted parents… that she too want to walk hand in hand with a man she loves, that she wants to laugh with him, wake up beside him and talk to him, that she had thought she would love Zaixun forever…but that there is another man coming into her life now. All the while she is in tears. She berates herself that…she had eaten noodles with Zaixun hundreds of times, but she had eaten noodles just twice with him… but now that is what she remembers…she cries and says sorry to her parents. (Actually Zaixun, the dead man’s parents)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Later…one day, Ms Xu sees a scene where for one wild moment she thought Caizun had been run over by a speeding bus. Panic stricken she watched…but he was safe and comes smiling to her. She scolds him, with tears in her eyes… ‘You must not die’…that he must never die...that he must live on beside her…that she knows now what she feels. She says, ‘I love you’… Gently, with the sun in the background silhouetting them, he takes her into his arms. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Then what happens…Jealous Xuanzhe finds out that Caizun was the one who had killed his best friend. But he is a gentleman. He doesn’t tell Ms Xu. But warns Caizun to keep away from Ms Xu, but doesn’t tell him the truth either. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]One day, Ms Xu says Caizun should meet her parents (Actually her dead lover’s parents).On that day, the mother of the dead man faints when she sees her son’s killer coming as their adopted daughter’s lover. Caizun who remembers her is also stricken with grief. Poor Ms Xu doesn’t understand why her adopted parents are acting so strangely on meeting her lover. She just thinks that it is because her lover is poor, is younger to her and is of lower status. Meanwhile, after knowing that Ms Xu was the betrothed of the men he has killed, Caizun is forced to decide to move away from her…Xuanzhe also goads him to do so. Caizun resigns from his job (I forgot when? before or after Ms Xu also comes to know the truth?)…and pretends to Ms Xu that he was only playing with her, that he really loves another woman, an airhostess…but the stunned Ms Xu knows that he is lying. The beauty of the film is that the lovers trust each other completely. Even when each sees one with another man/woman, who is also in love with his/her love. (Minji wants Caijun, and there are scenes where Ms Xu sees them together in intimate circumstances, Xuanzhe wants Ms Xu, and there are also scenes where Caizun sees Ms Xu with Xuanzhe) There are never any scenes of jealousy and mistrust. But the day comes very soon when Ms Xu also finds out that Caizun is the one who had killed her lover; the one she had vowed to hate. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Her initial feelings were grief and pain…but then anger grows too…anger against fate, against Caizun. She has to hate Caizun. On the day she finds out, she goes walking on the street in a daze…when Caizun comes to her, (he was coming back from a boxing ring, which is his new job, to last in the ring…he is punishing himself, he keeps punishing himself…and so much pain and emotion on his face…), and sees her walking blindly on the street, he pulls her to safety. She screams at him not to touch her. When the police intervened she says that the man had killed her husband. He is taken in. He also smashes things at the police station, saying he deserves to be in prison. But he is released the next day. Meanwhile she comes back and waits for him in front of the jail. She takes him to a restaurant, watches him while he eats brokenly ...she tells him that everything was okay as long as he was not that man. She then lashes out at him, smashing the food in his face, saying this is not the time to eat…and walks out. You should see the way the poor broken guy struggled with his pain. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There is another scene where she is scolding him, they walk away from each other….he walks away…then suddenly he turns and runs to her, grabs her and kisses her. She pushes him away and says some harsh words to him. We cried for the poor man. His love was so obvious, so real while hers for him seemed to have flamed into hatred….but not for long.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Ms Xu gets angrier with Caizun.. When Zaixun was killed, at least she had her memories of him to console her. But now she no longer has those memories. Her memories of Zaixun have been replaced with memories of Caizun. It is like Caizun had killed Zaixun twice. So, she has to berate him again. She comes one day to Caizun’s new place of employment, sees him on the boxing ring…he loses his concentration when he sees her, and is badly beaten…she whispers…yes take the beating, take it to death. All the while tears streamed down her cheeks…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]But the scene where he falls senseless to the ground would torment her later. But, Ms Xu decides to marry Xuanzhe…the ever persistent stubborn friend who loves her through despair and turmoil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There is also another touching scene where…Caizun cries out that he can’t live without her, and shouts again and again that he misses her…and calls out her name while his friend consoles him…he says sorry again and again for he was the one who had hurt her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Meanwhile, Ms Xu tries hard…to forget Caizun. But she can’t quite get him away from her mind….memories keep assailing her…memories of his smile, the things he said…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Another scene…Caizun comes to Ms Xu’s place and stood watching her window. She sees him from the window and comes down to meet him, scolds him for coming there, then turns back to go in. But as he walks away, she comes running after him, but he has disappeared. She searches for him, and thought she saw him at a store. It wasn’t him, but she buys a band aid, for she had seen cuts on his face. She keeps searching and finds him sitting at a quiet street corner (It was night). She gives him the band aid. He can’t put it at the correct place on his face, so she puts it for him. While she was doing so, the way he looks at her….. They sat looking at each other for a long time, she on her knees in front of him …they were laughing…about how hate is impossible. Then she tells him they shouldn’t meet again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There are many beautiful touching scenes. There is the scene where they sit together far apart, and she tells him, that she had forgiven the killer of her lover, before she had even met him. A long time ago. But when she came to know that the killer was Caizun, she wanted to hate him. But now the hate is gone. She says she forgive him. He just sits while she is talking. But once she gets up and steps on a bus to go home, he runs after her, gets on the bus, and says , ‘thank you Ms Xu., thank you’[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]On the day of her engagement…scenes of the day where she had realized that she loves Caizun flashes before her mind. The scene is beautiful; the expressions flitting across her face, so revealing, touching. Though she is dressed for the engagement ceremony, she picks up her phone and rings him, ‘where are you?’[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The scene shifts to Caizun. He had taken leave for the day, and had gone to an island off the coast. She followed him there. ‘I have forsaken everyone, left everything…and I have come to you.’ She tilts her purse upside down and spills the contents on the ground…just a few things, that was all she had…she was laughing all the while. She had used up her money coming there. He tried to put some sense into her head. When she told him that she had no money to go back home, he puts some money into her hands, and walks away. He sits somewhere far away for some time till dark...then, as if something struck him, he ran back to where he had left her. She was still waiting for him. She was going to eat something with the money he had given her, and then she would have gone searching for him. So, they are together, finally…they laugh together...have fun together…eat together…then there is this beautiful scene where he kisses her…a very deep kiss. The next scene: they were sleeping together. Really sleep…they didn’t show the lovemaking scene.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The next day….the trials and tribulations would come. Xuanzhe comes searching for them…they all go back together. The parents are waiting. Hand in hand, the lovers stood. The mother of Zaixun tries to drag her away, but she wouldn’t budge. Caizun tells her to go home. She obeys him. When they rang each other later, she promises him that she would come to him. The way they talked, so tenderly, soothingly…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The parents try to convince her to give him up…. ‘I am sorry that I am hurting my parents...but I can’t leave him. I can’t live without him…. ‘I can’t allow others to hurt him…I can’t bear that he should suffer…’ [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When they elope and come to Caizun’s house, his aunt scolds her…and makes them sleep on separate beds…there is one scene where she wakes up at night...and he is sitting somewhere, and she goes and talk to him…later he is gently caressing her feet…Gentle, loving, but not sexual. They were just sleeping, sitting together and leaning against each other, with their backs against the wall when the others found them the next morning. No sex was implied. Beautiful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Later…they would spend beautiful moments together…just enjoying each other’s company…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There is so much love between the two; you could feel it exuding from them….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]There is also a beautiful scene, where...Caizun gets a new job, (after they part, that is, as Ms Xu and Xuanzhe were planning their wedding) as a mechanic in a car construction company, and he is enjoying his appointment with his aunt and friend.... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]He was laughing and smiling...she walks by…and sees them...she gazes at the smile on Caizun's face…and there is a mixture of happiness and sadness on her expression. She was happy that he was happy...and yet sad that she was not there sharing that happiness. He sees her…comes running after her. That was where they sat and talked and she tells him that she has forgiven him, in fact forgiven him before she knew him....and he gets on her bus and says thank you with pure emotion on his face...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Xu’s letter to Caijun:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I wanted to meet the man who had killed my husband and taken away everything from my life…But now I am glad that we didn’t meet. If I had met you, I would have killed you. I want you to remember that a man died because of you. And a woman became degenerate. While you are smiling, remember that someone is crying. While you are valuing life, remember that someone died because of you. I hate you- hate you to death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]But the serial ended on a depressing note. Why did the director have to make Caijun lose his memory? Why did it have to end by Caijun saying to Ms Xu: ‘I think we know each other..’ and Ms Xu saying, ‘Yes, we know each other very deeply”.. The serial ended with the two staring at each other across a vast distance between the two. I wish it had ended with Ms Xu in Ciazun’s arms. As I don’t know Korean, I can’t read the details on the DVD…so I don’t know who made the serial…but I request him to make a sequel of the serial…with the same actors in the lead….it would be beautiful…to see Ms Xu….loving Caizun despite his memory loss…and inability to recall his love for Ms Xu. In the end, he should remember everything. And the story should end happily…..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Please…this is a request…and I hope…the DVD could come to Manipur...to me.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It is the most beautiful story and the most brilliant acting performances that I have ever seen in a Korean serial…[/SIZE]

Default Title?

Is there another title? This does not sound familiar, especially with the Chinese names. I watch Korean shows in Korean, so the names are different.

Oh another thing... don't look for happy endings in Korean shows, it does not end that way all the time.

Default Crazy to love

I am sorry I don't know the Korean name..I just knew the translated name 'Crazy to Love' The names I have written are those in the subtitles.... I wish I could be someone who is multilingual....and could know many languages. Hindi Urdu, Chinese and Korean, and Japanese..I would love to know