Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite NON-fighting moment(s)

@ mawguy and CC: yeah, completely agree, but I think Ken's saying that some of these ladies aren't so humorous as just more liable, because of their playfulness/willfulness, to lead to humorous situations. (does that sort of make sense?)

It reflects real life. How many female comedians do you know? What's one top quality of a man that most women ask for? A great sense of humour. Why would they want that? Is it the same case the other way around? Nope.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Da Wan (main female character) is the only character who provides some humour in GL's Righteous Blood Clensing Silver Spear.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    It reflects real life. How many female comedians do you know? What's one top quality of a man that most women ask for? A great sense of humour. Why would they want that? Is it the same case the other way around? Nope.
    Not a whole lot but there have been an emerging trend of female comedians lately. But that's besides the point, it's most likely because of the way of how girls were raised back then. Be "ladylike". Huang Rong was different because she was raised by East Eccentric.

Although I despise WYY, her telling the house invaders their exact martial arts as well as lost stances was excellent.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

The discussion wherein Luk Siu Fung goaded Sai Mun Chui Sheut into helping him in the Golden Roc Kingdom's Treasure case (and how Sai Mun cleverly turned the tables on him by naming Luk's moustache as the ludicrous "price" of his services) is always amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    It reflects real life. How many female comedians do you know?
    er... do you literally want a list of female comediennes? The list could get pretty long...

What's one top quality of a man that most women ask for? A great sense of humour. Why would they want that? Is it the same case the other way around? Nope.
    Seems like a bit of a sweeping statement... but yeah, at least in the novels men never seem to be interested in women who are funny--or at least authors never create that many funny female characters. The statement that women look for funny men doesn't hold in the novels though--were there really *that* many funny men being chased by women because they were funny?

RoCH:

I loved the part when Li Mochou was dying and she recited that mournful poem. I thought it was beautiful that even after all these years she still loved that one guy and thought of him (despite all the grudges she bore against him and his family). It was sad, but I thought it sweet.

LoCH:

When Guo Jing finds out Huang Rong isn't a "brother", but a sister!

HSDS:

I'm an avid fan of the Zhang Wuji and Zhou Zhiruo pairing. Although I think this might count as a fight scene as it occurs during a fight... I just thought it was so cute.

"Zhang WuJi, even in triumph, did not let down his guard, pointing the Heaven Sword at Mie Jue’s throat. Then he stepped back a few steps slowly, when suddenly Zhou ZhiRuo struggled against his hold, yelling, “Let me go!” Zhang WuJi said in shock, “Oh! Forgot!” His face pure red as she let her go, only to smell a faint flowery scent as her headband went by his nose. Zhang WuJi couldn’t help but take a look at her, only to see her face a bit pale, looking very bashful. Although she tried to look mad, he could see in her eyes extreme joy and happiness. "
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵