Thread: Romance of the White Hair Maiden

Default Romance of the White Hair Maiden

Does anyone know where I can find the original version of this series? Not the 1994 version with Ada Choi. There was another one in the 80s or early 90s that was really good. Unfortunately I do not know the names of the actors/actresses in there.

Thanks!

u mean the ATV version ?

Quote Originally Posted by datanie View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find the original version of this series? Not the 1994 version with Ada Choi. There was another one in the 80s or early 90s that was really good. Unfortunately I do not know the names of the actors/actresses in there.

Thanks!

Hi skygarden - I'm not sure if its ATV or TVB. Do you know of the ATV one?

hi datanie,

what i know ATV did flim this series in 1986. the female & male lead is Wai Qiu Wah and Savio Tsang Wai Quan. Savio Tsang currently is tvb artist.

Hi skygarden - I'm not sure if its ATV or TVB. Do you know of the ATV one?

Skygarden, you rock! Yes that's definitely the version I'm talking about. I watched it when I was so young.

I guess no one has this series since it's so old. Do you know of any place that may have it?

Thanks so much!

datanie, me rock? haha, not really. is just that i know some of the old series.

hmmm....u understand chinese? i have this chinese website got sell this series in vcd but is in mandarin. too bad not in original cantonese. i never buy from them before so i not sure is it valid. maybe u can give it a try.

here is the link:

http://www.agogomall.com/productShow.asp?id=330

if u need to download online, sorry i dont have it. this ATV version more close to the novel ? what about ada choi version ? i quite like ada choi version. but the ending is they never get together.

Skygarden, you rock! Yes that's definitely the version I'm talking about. I watched it when I was so young.

I guess no one has this series since it's so old. Do you know of any place that may have it?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the link, skygarden! Unfortunately, I can't understand Mandarin. Too bad it's not in Cantonese cause at least I can understand a bit of Cantonese to go by.

I watched the Ada Choi version as well and even though she did a great job, I still prefer the original version with Bonnie Ngai. I saw the series when I was probably like 12 or 13 years old and been looking for it for the past few years haha. I figured since they have ROCH and etc, that they ma have this series too since it's around the same time but I guess it's not as popular or something.

Thanks for all your help! After I posted this thread I saw the other thread created for this series and someone had posted pictures of the original series, I was like yes! Someone else knows what I'm talking about haha.

Thanks again!

Any good fight scenes in this movie, epic battles? All that talking makes me go 2 sleep .. lol

Could it be that the main actress is using a fan in this series ? My auntie is looking for that one. She'll be so pleased to have whereabout of it. at Thanks for the link skygarden

//--------

I know there's another version of "white-hair maiden" out there.

I think it's a mainland series. There are three generation, master, student, student and all three got hurted by their loved one and all three got white-hair soon or later. a bit draggy at time but its theme song was lovely.