Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom avatars?

Default Custom avatars?

I feel silly being a Supermoderator and five year forum member for asking this, but how do we put up a custom avatar for our profiles? From the options menu on avatars, it seems like we can only choose from the selections that SC provided, but I do see lots of folks around here with custom avatars.

Wow, Ken, you finally want to use a different avatar than the one you've been sporting since the creation of the forum? A mighty life-changing decision, you've got there!

In Edit Avatars you've got your selections of avatars but below it there suppose to be an option for Custom Avatars with option 1 to upload from a link, and option 2 to upload it from your computer. Now if you don't have that, SC can change that.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Wow, Ken, you finally want to use a different avatar than the one you've been sporting since the creation of the forum? A mighty life-changing decision, you've got there!
    I've been wanting to for a while now (especially since a whole slew of Wuxia Forum members have been ripping off my Sai Mun Chui Sheut avatar in recent months), but haven't been able to find the custom avatar controls. I don't want to use any of the other pre-selected ones.

But yeah, at the moment, custom avatar is not available to me, so until SC fixes it, I'm stuck with my old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I've been wanting to for a while now (especially since a whole slew of Wuxia Forum members have been ripping off my Sai Mun Chui Sheut avatar in recent months), but haven't been able to find the custom avatar controls. I don't want to use any of the other pre-selected ones.

But yeah, at the moment, custom avatar is not available to me, so until SC fixes it, I'm stuck with my old one.
    Yeah, that was the same issue for me until I told SC about it and she corrected it (in regards to the inavailability of the custom avatar setting).

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hahahahahahaha!!!! You don't know how to put up an avatar? I'm sorry, I know it's mean to laugh but.... I'm sorry for laughing. It's just so funny. Oh, do you need help looking for an avatar? hahahahhahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!!!! You don't know how to put up an avatar? I'm sorry, I know it's mean to laugh but.... I'm sorry for laughing. It's just so funny. Oh, do you need help looking for an avatar? hahahahhahahaa
    It's "I Need SC To Enable My Custom Avatar Function," which she just has.

The Sai Mun Chui Sheut era is over; say hello to Sir Paul McCartney.

Darn, now I have to adjust my eyes with Ken Cheng's new avatar....
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

The Sai Mun Chui Sheut era is over; say hello to Sir Paul McCartney.
    No. Way.

You've just traumatised me.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

no kidding.

i spent forever wondering why some odd guy with a beetles guy avatar was sounding so much like ken cheng....

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Sarakoth and others stole his Donnie Yen avatar, lol I sometimes confuse, poor Ken, avatar stolen. Ask SC to install mod / edit general config where all members use only unique avatar from the gallery, however cannot be controlled if user using upload or hot-link avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Sarakoth and others stole his Donnie Yen avatar, lol I sometimes confuse, poor Ken, avatar stolen.
    That wasn't Donnie Yen. That was 1970s/1980s Hong Kong actor Wong Yeun Sun, who played Sai Mun Chui Sheut on TVB's LUK SIU FUNG in the 1970s and was also famous as Little Fish from THE TWINS and Ah Fei from THE ROMANTIC SWORDSMAN. In the early 1980s, he also played Fok Yeun Gap for RTV (predecessor to ATV).

Wong left the entertainment industry and became a monk in the early 1990s.

Ken,

Now that you've changed your avatar from a swordsman to a singer, so now as a mod, you won't use a sword to keep members in order, but rather you'll be singing them. It's a musical!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ken,

Now that you've changed your avatar from a swordsman to a singer, so now as a mod, you won't use a sword but rather you'll be singing them. It's a musical!
    Don't forget: I occassionally write bad song parodies.

A few weeks ago, I started rewriting the old 1950s Tennessee Ernie Ford song "Sixteen Tons" as a song for Yeung Gor to sing called "Sixteen Years," but couldn't quite perfect the lyric. I'll post it when I can.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

That wasn't Donnie Yen. That was 1970s/1980s Hong Kong actor Wong Yeun Sun, who played Sai Mun Chui Sheut on TVB's LUK SIU FUNG in the 1970s and was also famous as Little Fish from THE TWINS and Ah Fei from THE ROMANTIC SWORDSMAN. In the early 1980s, he also played Fok Yeun Gap for RTV (predecessor to ATV).

Wong left the entertainment industry and became a monk in the early 1990s.
    lol my bad, it looks similar to donnie yen - hahaha

Don't forget: I occassionally write bad song parodies.

A few weeks ago, I started rewriting the old 1950s Tennessee Ernie Ford song "Sixteen Tons" as a song for Yeung Gor to sing called "Sixteen Years," but couldn't quite perfect the lyric. I'll post it when I can.
    I knew it! You really like YG afterall. That's why you're thinking about him! STOP THINKING ABOUT MY MAN!

Speaking of music......... why didn't any of you guys enter the spcnet idol? Ken, you could of had sang one of your 'bad song parodies'.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I knew it! You really like YG afterall.
    Think so? My previous song parodies dealt with wuxia girls ("California Girls" parody) and the Ming Cult ("Y.M.C.A." parody) and one other Yeung Gor-themed song (I remembered it was called "Goo Goo" or something like that, but I don't remember what it was a parody of). Anyway, the Yeung Gor-themed songs always make fun of how emo your guy is.

Speaking of music......... why didn't any of you guys enter the spcnet idol? Ken, you could of had sang one of your 'bad song parodies'.
    I write them; I don't sing them. That's why I plan to have you guy sing them. It could be like Taupin-John.

Think so? My previous song parodies dealt with wuxia girls ("California Girls" parody) and the Ming Cult ("Y.M.C.A." parody) and one other Yeung Gor-themed song (I remembered it was called "Goo Goo" or something like that, but I don't remember what it was a parody of). Anyway, the Yeung Gor-themed songs always make fun of how emo your guy is.
    Make fun of YG or not it doesn't matter. It matters that you're thinking about him.

I write them; I don't sing them. That's why I plan to have you guy sing them. It could be like Taupin-John.
    Hahahhahaha You've never heard me sing before, if you've heard me sing you wouldn't want me to sing any of your song... or any song at all.

Well, the Sir Paul McCartney Period was short-lived...just call me "Ken-gor" now.

*Puts on hat and overcoat, puts cigarette into mouth.*

*Cue THE BUND theme* (1980 version)

Well, the Sir Paul McCartney Period was short-lived...just call me "Ken-gor" now.

*Puts on hat and overcoat, puts cigarette into mouth.*

*Cue THE BUND theme* (1980 version)
    Shouldn't you be smoking cigars? Or those smaller cigars? For some reason, I got the impression that they smoke cigars in that series.

liar! you can't write songs without singing them to some extent!

we're definitely pressuring you to upload your singing.