Thread: A great old Roman Tam song from the OST of THE SWORD & THE EXQUISITENESS (1979 TVB)

Default A great old Roman Tam song from the OST of THE SWORD & THE EXQUISITENESS (1979 TVB)

In 1979, TVB adapted the Gu Long wuxia novel THE SWORD AND THE EXQUISITENESS (名剑风流) for television. The late, great Roman Tam (Lo Mun) was hired to sing the Joseph Koo-written soundtrack songs.

TVB soundtrack albums in those days never filled out both sides of an LP (typically 12-14 songs). Usually, six songs from the series soundtrack were mixed with six contemporary pop songs recorded by the artist in question.

In this thread, I'm not going to showcase any of the songs from the TV series, but rather, a great, but forgotten non-soundtrack song that was on the soundtrack album.

This is 对我笑一笑 (English translation: "Smile a Smile At Me"), a tune on that album composed by Italian songwriter Alan Sorrenti. This has always been one of my favorite songs from that album. Roman sang it well and the tune is pleasant, but what catches my ears about the song is the electric guitar at the beginning and during the instrumental break in the middle. Listen to that electric guitar soar! One of the most inspiring electric guitar licks I've ever heard...reminiscent of George Harrison and Eric Clapton at the height of their powers in the 1960s.

imo his best song is the theme song for that cooking series with bobby au yeung. happily ever after or something
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!