Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #4

Default Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #4

Here are a few rules that you MUST follow:

1) When you add an entry to the game, please be sure to get information from the characters' profile (I'll give links to them later in this post).

2) Do NOT kill off some characters made by fellow Players all of a sudden.

3) You can control other characters but please view character profiles.

4) Give a detailed profile of your character.

5) You can make your character anytime but please don't rush your character into the story. You'll have time. Until your character appear, I won't add it to the character's list.

6) Have fun!

7) Please don't make your character Great-level! I realized that in the previous RPG 90% of the characters were either close-to-great level or great level. And most of these characters were in their twenties. C'mon...make it more realistic...be more creative. Please don't reply to me by saying 'but DY this...but XZ that...' But if you certainly do have to make a great-level fighter then please make a 'story' behind it and please no more 18-years old greats.

8) I'm sorry but...only users with 300 posts or more could play. However, since there is still a long time before the game start, you could post in other forums of SPCNet to reach 300 post count. However, I do not want you to spam your way there.

9) No more referencing from JY or GL novels (martial arts or characters). This RPG will be clean so please make up your own martial arts!

10) Before making your characters:

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    I'd be interested in participating as a minor character this time, good or bad depending on the manpower requirements.

But before that, I'm suggesting the following modifications to the rules:

1. Players should have min. 300 posts OR have joined before December 2006.

2. Players' statistics should not exceed 6/10 for both Inner Power and External Techniques (End game). Unless, the player is playing the role of the Big Bad Boss or that the player will NOT take part in active combat.

Following that, I'm suggesting the following additional rules:

1. Players who had been disruptive (i.e. trolling, spamming, non-compliance with game rules etc.) should not be allowed into this game, unless reccomended by at least 3 other ACTIVE players.

2. Players who do not play for 60 days or 200 in-game posts can be considered inactive and their characters can be killed off unless specified (explicitly) otherwise.

These are just suggestions to safeguard the enjoyment of the players. Have fun!
    Last edited by Tom; 05-25-07 at 02:13 PM.

might consider.. but there's gonna be more control to it...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    might consider.. but there's gonna be more control to it...
    I know...I probably won't be starting the game anytime soon. But druid, I would like you to really take a big role in this RPG because you've been around since RPG#1. What do you think about the weapons?

I've been waiting for a RPG game that I can participate in for long, and finally here's the chance!

Originally Posted by Bogeyman

I know...I probably won't be starting the game anytime soon. But druid, I would like you to really take a big role in this RPG because you've been around since RPG#1. What do you think about the weapons?
    hmmm... i am quite tempted to say yes.. but then again, NS seems to make me burn alot of my weekends.. LOL... but yea, I shd be playing anyway. Y dont you invite Icyfox too?

The weapons are fine... more importantly, you shd feel comfortable about them...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    hmmm... i am quite tempted to say yes.. but then again, NS seems to make me burn alot of my weekends.. LOL... but yea, I shd be playing anyway. Y dont you invite Icyfox too?

The weapons are fine... more importantly, you shd feel comfortable about them...
    I will. He would probably come in sometime later. I would like to invite a lot of you guys into playing this RPG as important roles too.

Another issue I learned from #3 is that some people create multiple accounts to dominate the story. There's at least 5 players from the last game who had less than 30 posts or even less than 20 who were playing. I would like to be less suspicious but I can't help but to notice that their entries are similar in wording.

Szema Mok (REMADE)
    Martial Arts: Flaming Yang Palms
    Internal Power Level: 6/10
    Lightness Kungfu Level: 6/10
    Personality: Warm-hearted, nice towards strangers, hate people who oppose him
    Physical Appearance: Handsome, loose long gray hair, 6-foot tall, macho figure
    Background Story:
    Weapon(s): straps a sword on his back and wraps a 55-foot jointed iron-whip around his body.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.trueedge.co.uk/images/broadsword.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ninja-weapons.com/Weapons/Chinese_Weapons/images/5733.jpg')
    Last edited by Tom; 05-25-07 at 02:20 PM.

I would like to try this RPG soon....
    The feeling is mutual,old friend.

Uh the rules coming out anytime soon?

you should ask the player if you can use their character first, don't just assume yo can have free reign. also, please don't make characters, involve them in the story, and suddenly disappear.....tommy h.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    you should ask the player if you can use their character first, don't just assume yo can have free reign. also, please don't make characters, involve them in the story, and suddenly disappear.....tommy h.
    Sorry. But I like the freedom that was provided in RPG1. RPG1 was actually my favorite RPG because everyone just fit their character in with other characters so perfectly. In RPG3 everyone restricted themselves to their own character and outside of their own character, they had another one. I don't know how to explain this better so here's an example.

Your character is a disciple of a sect. You bring in your character and his/her martial brother/sister as well.

i actually like the current one best, 3 was very chaotic no control IMO while 1 was really more like a trial... u playing in this one Allen?

I would like to join in this one.

The others started before I joined the forum.

Count me in
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

I will start making my character once I have an idea.

i'm in for part 4
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

I think it would be wise for RPG 2 to finish first, take a break, before starting RPG 4.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    I think it would be wise for RPG 2 to finish first, take a break, before starting RPG 4.
    I think so too. BTW, about how long do you think it'd take for RPG2 to finish? It seems as if IcyFox's the only one posting entries.

because his character is pretty uch the focus right now.
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I think so too. BTW, about how long do you think it'd take for RPG2 to finish?
    Around next week... Yeah I guess so.