Thread: Chain of command in respective sects if Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk had married?

Default Chain of command in respective sects if Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk had married?

Imagine that in an alternate HSDS timeline, Chiu Mun never interfered with Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk's wedding and the couple were married as planned. The Leader of the Ming Cult would have been wed to the Leader of the Ngor Mei Sect.

What would that mean for chain-of-command protocols for both sects?

Would Chow Chi Yerk, as Cult Leader Cheung Mo Gei's wife, have any authority over the Ming Cult's members?

Would Cheung Mo Gei, as Sect Leader Chow Chi Yerk's husband, have any authority over the Ngor Mei Sect's members?

And what if, some years down the line, Cheung Mo Gei also assumed leadership of the Mo Dong Sect after Cheung 3 Fung and all of the remaining Mo Dong Heroes had passed away?

They can place constraints on their authority in the other's organisation, i.e. none at all.

heehee that's an interesting situation... well, assuming that Chow Chi Yerk is marrying Cheung Mo Gei as per her master's orders, this could be hellish. She'd probably work to undermine the Ming Cult while Mo Gei stands haplessly aside. Eventually he'd put his foot down, but it would probably be too late!

On the other hand--if we're really imagining some far out scenarios--if Chow Chi Yerk disobeys her master, then it would probably end up like how Kwok Jing and Wong Yung ran their respective organizations (i.e. the Sung army* and Beggar Clan). They both help each other and share authority.

* Actually, when you think about it, Kwok Jing didn't technically lead any organization! It was Wong Yung who had the job in that family

Not sure about your question, but I can definitely see CCY pursuading CMG to resign and offer his position to Yeung Siu and lean towards taking on the role of Mo Dong sect leader position. Then CCY would probably secretly behind his back try to eradicate the Ming Cult with her 9Yin.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Interesting--that could conceivably work, except Yeung Siu is too smart. Even though CMG is powerful and not always stupid, he's not as cunning as Yeung Siu, so CCY might prefer to have CMG in power (and in her control). There're a lot of pros to that--if the smart guys in the Ming Cult start getting suspicious of her, she can use CMG to shield her from deeper investigations. And even if they catch on to what her game is, she can cause conflict between CMG and the Ming Cult... yeah, I like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Imagine that in an alternate HSDS timeline, Chiu Mun never interfered with Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk's wedding and the couple were married as planned.

Would Chow Chi Yerk, as Sect Leader Cheung Mo Gei's wife, have any authority over the Ming Cult's members?

Would Cheung Mo Gei, as Sect Leader Chow Chi Yerk's husband, have any authority over the Ngor Mei Sect's members?
    So according to me, that would be called a perfect world.

CMK should have the same authority that Song guy did. CCY should have same authority as the previous Ming Cult ruler's wife. I don't see them having any more or less.

If CCY got married, would she have had to give up the position of EMei leader though?

I think being the spouse of a Sect-Master does not automatically confer leadership rights. The members have to respect you but you are not the 2nd in command. I need to go dig out some examples but IIRC, some of the Sect Leaders in HSDS and DGSD had spouses but there was no indication of the spouse having any executive role in the sect.

Kind of like the 1st Lady in America.

People like Mrs Yue was probably an exception since she was the daughter of the previous leader and also taught martial arts to the head disciple.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Then CCY would probably secretly behind his back try to eradicate the Ming Cult with her 9Yin.
    The irony is that although Chow Chi Yerk never knew it, that was the specific purpose for which the 9 Yum Jen Ging had been created (by Wong Seung). Whatever Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung, East Heretic Wong Yerk See, West Poison Au Yeung Fung, South Emperor Deun Chi Hing, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, Chow Bak Tung, Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, Yeung Gor, Little Dragon Girl, Mui Chiu Fung, and Chan Yeun Fung thought they were going to do with the manual, only Chow Chi Yerk would have put it to anything resembling its original intended use.

The members have to respect you but you are not the 2nd in command. I need to go dig out some examples but IIRC, some of the Sect Leaders in HSDS and DGSD had spouses but there was no indication of the spouse having any executive role in the sect.
    There's an example from ROCH. Huodu noted that the wife of Beggar's Union chief had no business in the organization's affairs.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Imagine that in an alternate HSDS timeline, Chiu Mun never interfered with Cheung Mo Gei and Chow Chi Yerk's wedding and the couple were married as planned. The Leader of the Ming Cult would have been wed to the Leader of the Ngor Mei Sect.

Would Chow Chi Yerk, as Cult Leader Cheung Mo Gei's wife, have any authority over the Ming Cult's members?

no authority, only superiority.

ohhhh.... i bet those female members would luv to do his wishy washy bidding...

And what if, some years down the line, Cheung Mo Gei also assumed leadership of the Mo Dong Sect after Cheung 3 Fung and all of the remaining Mo Dong Heroes had passed away?

afterall, doesnt she swear something evil gonna happen if she married him?