I think there was a thread earlier...but it's buried somewhere and I can't find it.

So yeah just finished watching (more like skimming/skipping around) La Femme Desperado...and I'm sick and tired of stupid repetitive themes.

1) Husband cheats on wife (who is a weak woman) and she at first begs him to take her back...usually involves an admirer of her's to spice things up, and then husband loses interest in his mistress, and eventually crawls back to the wife. BUT, she will ALWAYS say no, just to get the point across that she is now an independent and strong woman who doesn't need the scroundel anymore. I've seen this at least 9-10 times in different series...sometimes even within the SAME series!

2) Jie-di lian...Older woman, younger man. She thinks he's too immature, he fell in love with her and wants to prove himself...insert evil scheming woman who wants to steal younger man away, and ex-lover of woman...etc etc. BORING

3) Some aunt/sister/brother/uncle/father figure who is TOO controlling...and then the kid feels all caged up and they have a bad relationship. The kid does rebellious things, the adult figure gets mad, but secretly cares deeply for the kid, yada yada yada...eventually they make up and re-bond.

4) Mother-in-law treating the daughter-in-law harshly because she doesn't have kids or has a girl. (*yawn*)

I'm sure there's millions..but seriously, writers, get more ideas. Realism to daily life is nice, but I watch dramas because they are INTERESTING, not because they remind me of the stupid issues people complain or gossip to me about every day.