Thread: ATV Classic : The God of Sword

Default ATV Classic : The God of Sword

Im trying to look for more information about this old series. Can someone give me a summary and if possible, where i can watch it? Thanks

OP Clip
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

this series look good. i think i see ester kwan? and for sure the lead is eric wan. he looks so young and handsome. oh man, too bad it's an old atv series and hard to find. i'd love to get a copy. anyone with info, much apprecite it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YAmpX42w8w

Just in case you have not looked at Youtube yet

Have you checked Eastmediaentertainment.com yet? THey are the official manufacturers of ATV DVDs and VCDs.

I watch this series in Vietnamese language. It is really good, I like Lo Chung Hua a lot. Too bad there aren't many series of his that he leads like this one...

Oh I remember this series, very good one. Well, a short summary from me. Lo Lieh is an evil bastard of a swordsman, who also is a powerful clan leader of some sort. He's got 2 sons, Fei Yeung(Eric Wan) and Tien Sang (is Lo Chung Hua his name). Tien Sang is Lo's stepson, and therefore he hates Tien Sang and constantly trying to make his life hard. One day Tien Sang gets framed for poisoning his stepfather, and so he goes through lots of hell and ends up on an island where he gets to know the beautiful Esther Kwan. Esther lives together with her father on this isolated island place. Later Tien Sang learns kung fu from them, and he returns home. Meanwhile his stepfather is having a big sword duel with another master of sword. This other "god of sword" has a helper, which happens to be Tien Sang's biological father. So bla bla, lots of intrigues, and the storyline gets a big twist...dont read anymore if you dont want to know. It turns out Fei Yeung is not Lo's son either, but the son of the second leader of Lo's clan. And so Fei Yeung kills his biological father by accident, but the father doesn't die. He returns, reveals the true identity of Fei Yeung to Lo Lieh, and Fei Yeung ends up killing his father again :P So now Lo starts hating Fei Yeung, and he rather gets Tien Sang to be a temporary leader for the clan while he recovers himself form a health injury. But then Fei Yeung gets mad and evil, and start killing everybody to be the leader of the clan. He even kills Esther and her whole family. So Tien Sang gets really mad and swears revenge, he starts training with a crazy old man from the island. But he doesn't have the spirit for it, so the old crazy man turns to Fei Yeung, pretending to be betraying Tien Sang. So Tien sang ends up killing the old crazy dude, and finds out the truth. It drives him to a rage, which ends up with a fatal duel between him and Fei Yeung, where Fei Yeung ends up dead hehe The end! This was the first series I watched where brothers/friends turned enemies, a big surprise.

hey net dragon so does this series have alot of action scenes and comedy? or is it more of those series dramas with some action scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    hey net dragon so does this series have alot of action scenes and comedy? or is it more of those series dramas with some action scenes?
    Mostly action and dramas and not comedy. I would say it is a very good but depressing series. I really like Lo Chung Hua and Lau Kam Ling here.