Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Series: Mei Gui Jiang Hu- Huo Si Yan, Sun Feifei, Wallace Chung, Sammuel Chan

There was no problem to watch the clip...about dl, I don;t know...I re-watch it many times, can't wait for it to release....

I tried watching it from Yu Zheng's blog itself but i keep encountering loading problems. First, it takes ages to load and when it loads till the first 1/3, it just stops and hang there! And i dont think there are any other sites with the same clip as Yu Zheng has stated in his blog that no one is allowed to d/l and upload/distribute the clip because the producers/sponsers do not allow it.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-19-08 at 01:43 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

that was bad...try to watch it another times...the clip is great...

sunnysnow, its not working for me either
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

The clip finally worked for me!

Some thoughts:
    I think Huo Siyan's acting has improved quite abit from the last show I saw her in. She looks very sweet and delicate in action (as opposed to the pics) and her character is the typical female heroine everyone adores. I'm a little disappointed with Sun Feifei however (from what i see in the clips). Her dubbed voice is too childish and whiny and her gullible expressions in the beginning come across as a little fake though the scene where she cries on her wedding night with Wallace is pretty touching and her manipulative expressions in the later bits are classic! They made her character more evil than I had thought. The only thing which I probably like more about Si Ru (SFF) as opposed to Qi Luo (HSY) would be her strength and determination. Qi Luo comes across as more of a damsel-in-distress character whom guys love to rescue.

As for the guys, Wallace looks hot and his fighting scenes look really good. He also looks very convincingly in love with Qi Luo. I almost couldnt recognize Samuel in here since he looked pretty matured. His character is rather pitiful and at times I just wish SFF would love and accept him back.

Music sounds pretty good and melodramatic which is appropriate for the series. Hopefully they'll use back the same music for the actual series.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 03-23-08 at 05:32 AM.

Wise Fool

Just watched the clip.

Question: What was happening when SFF was leaning against Wallace? I think the background was this pasture, all green with mountainous landscape. And Wallace seemed pained. Was it one of those fainting moments or is it that her character dies in this show? God. I hope not. And is it really confirmed that SFF will end up with Wallace? Because it would be bad to start watching the series thinking that and have the ending be something different (like the pairing of Wallace and HSY).

Rewatched the trailer- and have more thoughts:

Like the brief glimpse we got of Sheren's character- cool costume! (I also really like her and Damian as actors- looking forward to solid performances from them!)

Also like the dramatic storyline- it doesn't feel over-the-top somehow (at least not in the trailer). Love SFF's blood red costume and matching lipstick. Really strong vibes from her villianess role.

Strangely, though HSY's character seems lovely, I mostly feel sorry for SFF's character. She's evil, but perhaps its the sympathy for her unrequited love.

click to show/hide spoilers

I'm increasingly convinced Wallace loves HSY's caracter to the end, perhaps in that last scene, all SFF got was a guilty hug from Wallace when she died, which is my sad conclusion because of the emphasis in the trailer on the happy times HSY and Wallace had together.

HSY's character is better than I expected, but perhaps I'm allergic to characters billed as "innocently sweet"- too many bland and passive characters are described that way. Need to wait and see...

Overall excited about this one- if anyone has read a good reliable release date, let us know!

Great clip of Damian Lau and HSY filming a scene together, an interview with Sheren, (and the rest seems not to run for me) but its cool for many reasons!

Firstly hearing Damian switch between mandarin and canto (he's sooo much more fluid in canto! I miss hearing him speak it!)

Then watching Damian and HSY's chemistry- they're really quite good together! Best of all seeing Damian coach HSY, and then seeing her apply his coaching- very awesome! Intriguing insight into the development of actors as artists, and how they construct their actions in each scene.

Sheren's mandarin isn't bad- but her canto is so much better- and she says something interesting about her chracter!

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...0&iid=13512038

I heard that this series will air in China on June or July. can't wait for it.

SFF and Wallace look so good together. I do hope his character requites her love for him.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/6b9806bf9610b61b18d81f00.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/3dc16b8be2b5116e9f2fb452.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/b8c8b1f45d4e31c8f3d38516.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/sunnysnow/c134c0d117bac4c2562c8452.jpg')

Wise Fool

Agreed, Sun Feifei is prettier than Huo Siyan. Didnt know Huo is the girl who acted as Francis Ng's gf in Healing Souls. There wasn't anything special about her in those pics, Liu Jia was prettier in that series, and then, there was Jessica Hsuan. SFF looked more of a demure woman than HSY. Surprisingly SFF looked better as the "rich girl" than HSY who looked like a commoner.

Wallace's hair is cool! Liked him in '4 constables', but he isnt that young anymore, right? as compared to Sammul and the girls. and he's playing young roles, but at least he looked young. Love Sammul too, is he a villain in here?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Anyone else notice the music in the trailer comes exactly from Zui Hou De Ge Ge? I hope it's not just a rip from that series and they will try something more original! By the way is there any confirmation on the actual release date yet? I'm so anxious to see this!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzubingfa View Post
    Anyone else notice the music in the trailer comes exactly from Zui Hou De Ge Ge? I hope it's not just a rip from that series and they will try something more original! By the way is there any confirmation on the actual release date yet? I'm so anxious to see this!
    Well this is a Yu Zheng production as well as the Last Princess, so I wouldn't be surprise if the musics are reused. Li Guo Li's latest productions also have reused musics from his earlier series. As for the release, I have no idea yet.

There few episodes uploaded online (china sites)...I watched episode 1, 11, 12, 30, and last episode. I expect that this series is really great but it is not like I thought. It is ok, I will wait to watch the other episodes. Sun Fei Fei's fans: she is not died., she has a happy ending with her husband, Wallace Chung. Huo Shi Yan and her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    There few episodes uploaded online (china sites)...I watched episode 1, 11, 12, 30, and last episode. I expect that this series is really great but it is not like I thought. It is ok, I will wait to watch the other episodes. Sun Fei Fei's fans: she is not died., she has a happy ending with her husband, Wallace Chung. Huo Shi Yan and her husband.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Si Ru (SFF) ends up with Mu Sheng (Wallace) but ultimately, he still loves only Qi Luo (HSY). He stays with Si Ru only because he feels he owes her too much.

Wise Fool

u are right...we can tell the scene where Huo Shi Yan and Sun Fei Fei exchanged, Wallace only has his eyes on HSY. SFF ran over and hold him but his eyes still has on HSY...

Sunnysnow, did you watched it?

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post

Sunnysnow, did you watched it?
    Only the last episode.

Wise Fool

Default Tragic

Hi Sunnysnow, thanks for the heads-up.

The ending you described I personally consider a tragedy- and I was going to give up on watching this series altogether, but saw this clip:

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xBvhOOaiccU/

And it makes the tragedy seem very noble and wrenching- of course the clips clearly biased towards SFF, but I think I will now want to see this series. Let me know if you saw the rest of the series and what you think of it!

Reading all these spoilers makes me want to watch it as well, but I could only find the last episode uploaded. And I definitely do not want watch the ending first.

Thanks for the clip Yanfeng. That does make the tragic seems noble.

Yeah, the ending makes me not want to watch the series actually but i'll still catch it if i have the time. I dont mind seeing an evil SFF for once.

Wise Fool