Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Series: Mei Gui Jiang Hu- Huo Si Yan, Sun Feifei, Wallace Chung, Sammuel Chan

How'd episodes of this series get leaked out already? Anyway, will still give it a shot when it's officially released.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

As the last episode got leaked out before the series has been officially released, Yu Zheng had requested for the editors to use a different ending for the official series. Apparently 2 different endings were filmed and hence, the one which has not been leaked will be the ending which is included in the final product.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    As the last episode got leaked out before the series has been officially released, Yu Zheng had requested for the editors to use a different ending for the official series. Apparently 2 different endings were filmed and hence, the one which has not been leaked will be the ending which is included in the final product.
    Really? That sucks, because I actually kind of liked the leaked ending even though it was obvious Mu Sheng still love Qi Luo. I hope the alternate ending will still have Mu Sheng and Si Ru end up together.

Quote Originally Posted by vivi_g View Post
    Really? That sucks, because I actually kind of liked the leaked ending even though it was obvious Mu Sheng still love Qi Luo. I hope the alternate ending will still have Mu Sheng and Si Ru end up together.
    I'm more optimistic, I'm actually hoping that Mu Sheng will realize he's in love with Si Ru in the new ending! (Oh well, hope springs eternal they say... )

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I'm more optimistic, I'm actually hoping that Mu Sheng will realize he's in love with Si Ru in the new ending! (Oh well, hope springs eternal they say... )
    Oh yes, and I would like to see that too!

I'm not as optimistic though because i have a feeling the new ending will have Mu Sheng end up with Qi Luo instead of Si Ru. I remember YZ said they filmed 2 different endings and the main difference involves who Mu Sheng ends up with. Since he ends up with Si Ru in the leaked version, then...

Wise Fool

I have watched epi. 3-5 (without undestanding what they said, no chinese for me.). So far the plot is ok, it is not great as I expect. SFF turn evil and evil slowly. She is a smart woman. WC reject her love right away. There is not deep love much between HSY and WC but they have a lot of love scenes, and a couple of kissing scenes. HSY is really cute. Can;t wait to watch the rest.

Peeked at a few episodes- and SFF's character is very intriguing to me. She's quite the schemer... though she does hesitate to be entirely evil at least at first. Smart and desperate... a dangerous combination indeed! HSY's character is a little 2-dimensionally nice and naive right now, perhaps she'll evolve somewhat.

I'm wondering if, by the end, it'll be a little less clear who the white and who the red rose is? (Where white stands for innocence and red for passion?) It would be fun to see HSY's character show a little passion and SFF's character perhaps finally show a little trust (like in the leaked ending!) Alas, worried that you guys are correct in thinking they'll change the ending for the worse.

By the way, for people who are fans of Sheren and/or Damian, they are clearly the veterans in this series, very comfortable in their roles- superb in fact! Though I have to say, that as of episode 5, Damian hasn't been challenged yet, he's done the traditional and stern, but fair father before. Though Sheren does a more subdued role than usual for her. (Still ultimately very strong and very wise in maintaining her position!) They're a lot of fun to watch, and make the younger actors/actresses look a little raw!

This series is boring and boring. I am up to 20. It is not good as I expect. Maybe because of me...

vuongngocyen, would you post your opinion and maybe even a few spoilers in spoiler tags? I'd like to know how Sun FeiFei's character develops! (I too gave up after a few episodes- though I was still curious as to how she grows since she starts off very wicked!)

First I thought SFF is really mean but after I watch it (without understand Chinese) I think that her character is not bad at all. Every woman will act the same in her position. All things she does just for herself and I understand about that. I feel bad for SFF because WC doesn't love her. He married her because they slept with each other by accidently. He drunk. All of his love forward HSY. That is one of the reasons she turns bad. I don't hate about that. She is a good wife. She cares of WC a lot. Good or bad I will let you guys think. I am thinking to give up this series but not sure, if I don;t have anything to watch maybe I will continue with it.
    Last edited by vuongngocyen; 12-02-08 at 04:33 PM.

Seems like this series is a letdown? I've read many reviews and almost all say the plot is overrated and boring and the characterization is weak and underdeveloped.

What a disappointment given the gorgeous-looking cast!

Wise Fool

who does wallace chung end up with in the end?

Hi Sunnysnow, I watched a few episodes and I wasn't impressed, but I only got up to 4 or 5 before I gave up. I guess I had high expectations for SFF's character and there seemed to be too many sub-plots for rapid character development from SFF... up to the point I saw, she was just slowly sliding to the dark side.

Definitely hot cast and I've seen all three of the leads in other serials (not to mention I'm a fan of Damian's and Sheren's) so they're all above average to great actors- I'm sad that the script didn't engage my interest fast enough to keep me watching. If I ever have the time I might go back just to watch the ending few episodes when SFF's role turns more tragic.

And as for who ends up with who... I think there was discussion earlier in this thread that they filmed two endings.

click to show/hide spoilers

In the one I've seen, Wallace stays with SFF's character although he is still clearly in love with HSY's character. A sad ending all around it seemed.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post

And as for who ends up with who... I think there was discussion earlier in this thread that they filmed two endings.

click to show/hide spoilers

In the one I've seen, Wallace stays with SFF's character although he is still clearly in love with HSY's character. A sad ending all around it seemed.
    oh ok thanks. so would that one be considered the leaked ending? and then im guessing that the real ending would be different?

Do anyone have the first ending that got leaked out? I wished to see both ending.

does anyone know the viet name of this series? and if its out yet?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Does anyone know what the name of the opening theme song is, and who sings it?

does anyone know the viet name of this series? and if its out yet?
    The title is called Mai Khoi Giang Ho in Vietnam and Doa Ho Vo Thuong in U.S.

Does anyone know what the name of the opening theme song is, and who sings it?
    Title: Jiang Hu Dao Singer: Mickey He
    It's the same dude that plays Lin Chu Yi.

------------

Now for my question, does anyone have a clip of the alternate ending? So far, there seems to be only one ending. Thanks