Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Last One Standing 《與敵同行》

Just finished the series! I seems he best ending thattVB hasproduced for thsi year. It is very suspenseful and freaky at the end. I wonder if there is a sequel coming.

I think Roger is the best actor in this series. He really showed his versatility. But he looks very tired in here. Baby must be keeping him awake at night! Hehe!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Just finished the series! I seems he best ending thattVB hasproduced for thsi year. It is very suspenseful and freaky at the end. I wonder if there is a sequel coming.

I think Roger is the best actor in this series. He really showed his versatility. But he looks very tired in here. Baby must be keeping him awake at night! Hehe!
    I finished it too.

Good series.

Freaky ending.

Sequel maybe?

prob the most complete ending this year. the extra 2 eps that make it 22 eps is really worth it. wow cant wait for part 2. this series ROCKS!!!

A+++

come to think of it, roger's character is probably 1 of the most complicated character this decade in tvb series.

in the 90's, its ding hai
    in 00's, its ah yeen (bad pin yin lol)
    Last edited by LuNaR; 10-19-08 at 05:30 AM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    prob the most complete ending this year. the extra 2 eps that make it 22 eps is really worth it. wow cant wait for part 2. this series ROCKS!!!

A+++

come to think of it, roger's character is probably 1 of the most complicated character this decade in tvb series.

in the 90's, its ding hai
    in 00's, its ah yeen (bad pin yin lol)
    Ah Yin*

Is this series really that good? From the synopsis it seems like the plot would be rather predictable.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Is this series really that good? From the synopsis it seems like the plot would be rather predictable.
    Trust me, it's not. It's easily one of the best series TVB has put out this decade. The ending is INSANE. It's too bad Roger Kwok was nominated for Best Actor at the anniversary for D.I.E and not this series, because he does an amazing job as Ah Yin. LuNaR is right, no character since Ding Hai has been this sociopathic and complex. Great ending, but I wonder how the sequel would work.

Agreed, I think LOS is one of the best Tvb in recent years with a decent ending as well since most others dramas had good start but ended sucky. Roger is truely the highlight in LOS, it's a pity that it's Kevin whom got nominated at best actor for this drama which obviously no chance of winning. Anyway if there's a sequel, what can Ah Yin do then!? Be an actor again like AH Hei in LOS...

My first HK series, overall the story was decent. I would say the 22 episodes break down into 3 segments:

1. Kevin's character is too emotional and it's kind of frustrating to watch. I especially had to fast forward through some of the family dinner conversations.

2. Kevin plays "Infernal Affairs". This is when the series gets really interesting, and I had a hard time putting it down. His relationship w/ Kelly was gut-wrenching to sit through, at the same time it was pretty necessary.

3. Ending episodes, with a predictable twist. Pretty much one crucial scene in particular was drawn out too long, and I think the audience gets too much time to figure out exactly what's going to happen.

The two side characters that really stuck out to me was Kevin's sister's husband. I couldn't stop laughing when he makes references to other series/movies like Shanghai Bund and Infernal Affairs. Also Kelly looks the best in the series, very cute and stylish, unfortunately she doesn't have a commanding presence. Yoyo looks really weird in comparison, but she seems more "fit" to be the lead actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Ah Yin*
    ic ic

WATCH IT PEOPLE, THIS IS GOOD

u know this series is good when it receives 20 complaints for gore and violence watch it!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    u know this series is good when it receives 20 complaints for gore and violence watch it!!!!!!!!
    *Sigh*

Hong Kong people these days can't even stand the sight of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    *Sigh*

Hong Kong people these days can't even stand the sight of blood.
    HK series is nothing compared to the sex and violence in American series! Yet they get high ratings in HK! Is it just the housewife who complains then? I thought this series was very mild in violence.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post

I can already predict how this is going to turn out. I read the summary and I think I know who really is the evil guy in this series already. I've only watched one episode too. But I'll watch more just to prove myself right.

Maybe it will be a mixture of Internal Affair and Count of Monte Cristo.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 10-23-08 at 12:42 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    i guess tat means only in chinese. too bad for viets like me who don't understand a single word of chinese.
    There is a dvdrip (xvid) with english subtitle (softsub .srt) at d-addicts, download using megaupload up to eps 20 now. I will download it just because it got english subtitle like The Four and Moonlight Resonance. Dunno when I'm going to watch it. Need to download it otherwise will waste my MU premium acct.
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-23-08 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I can already predict how this is going to turn out. I read the summary and I think I know who really is the evil guy in this series already. I've only watched one episode too. But I'll watch more just to prove myself right.

Maybe it will be a mixture of Internal Affair and Count of Monte Cristo.
    yes it is obvious who the real bad guy is, but the process of catching him is so enjoyable

Default Sequel

Wow... I'm already getting thoughts for the sequel...
    Oh well. Hope there is one though. This series started off boringly but then it really got interesting.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Only one question... in the final 2 episodes... why are there so many policemen on ONE team? Reinforcements or what?
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

I'm really enjoying this series even though I only just started watching it. I'm at the part where Kevin and Roger both fell into the river. Roger came back alive while Kevin remains missing.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    I'm really enjoying this series even though I only just started watching it. I'm at the part where Kevin and Roger both fell into the river. Roger came back alive while Kevin remains missing.
    Yeah, I'm pass that part where at the end Kevin appears! dum dum dum! Episode ends!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

IMO i think this series is a very good series in fact better then moonlight ...... ok not better but equally good ... at least it had a more realistic ending

hehe
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

I nearly finished watching episode 4. The story continues to get more interesting.

I'm at the part where Kevin suddenly realises who Yoyo's boyfriend was.
    Have you learned to love one another?