Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Last One Standing 《與敵同行》

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    this is only guessing but i think Roger only got caught for fraud and attempted murder. which in itself should carry 6 years for fraud and 8-10 years for 3 counts of attempted murder.

but since he did attemp suicide and is now crippled therefore no longer a threat to society, with good behaviour he would get out in about 5 years. yes i know the law suchs but its the way it works.

although he did kill the uncle but without any concrete proof they can't get him for it, even if he confesses to the crime. his father and grandmother are even worse, you can't prove anything there. whether he killed his father or not is still debatable, and the grandmother had an accident, he didn't push her or anything.

i would say he is likely to serve between 5 to 7 years of jail time before being released.
    I think you might be right about that. And even though he committed the arson, there were no evidence to prove that he did it.

Near the end, Kevin was more sympathetic than revengeful after Roger's fall. So, judging by the mood, whether or not Kevin wanted to press charges for all his other crimes, seemed unlikely.
    Have you learned to love one another?

i like the ending...not all series have happy ending...if always happy ending...ppl also don want to watch la...the producer want us to know tat tat roger kwok's role never turn to good guy...he still the bad guy that we know tong lap yin...so,i like the ending...although not happy ending...

Just finished this series last week. Didn't like the ending because I thought there were too many loose ends but I guess that's TVB's way of hinting a sequel.

Kevin's acting was pretty good but Roger was just outstanding. His crying scenes were great and I really like the scene at the end when he tried to get up in bed, you can see the veins on his neck popping out! As for Yoyo, I feel like she gave a mediocre performance like always.
    "What is meant to be will always be."

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Just finished this series last week. Didn't like the ending because I thought there were too many loose ends but I guess that's TVB's way of hinting a sequel.

Kevin's acting was pretty good but Roger was just outstanding. His crying scenes were great and I really like the scene at the end when he tried to get up in bed, you can see the veins on his neck popping out! As for Yoyo, I feel like she gave a mediocre performance like always.
    Yeah, Kevin and Roger are really good in this series. I can't say the same for Yoyo. None of the girls in this series was really interesting to me. I was more interested in Kevin and Roger's battle against each other.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

are they going to make part 2 ??because Roger said he will come out and revenge. i wonder?

Watching episode 16. Poor grandma.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Watching episode 16. Poor grandma.
    Yeh that part was really sad. She died without ever knowing about Kevin's real intentions.
    Have you learned to love one another?

Watch episode 17-18
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I know I shouldn't think like that, but, I'm really annoyed with Leng Ma. If it's not because of her depression, Mandy wouldn't need to kneel down in front of Yin to beg for forgiveness when she's in the right. But, this show how mature Mandy has become. She's willing suffer such injustice and indignity for the well being of her mother. She can see what is more impotant for the time being.

Elaine Yiu really has improved a lot since her 'Safe Guard' days. Her acting has become so much more natural.

Kiki's character is even more annoying.

Everyone also told her Yin was bad, but, she refused to believe. What more, she betrayed people again and again for Yin. First she helped Yin tricked Carmen causing Carmen to be locked imprisoned by Yin. Didn't she hear about the lawsuit between Yin and Carmen after Carmen escaped? Then when Fun and Mun went to her house to ask for help, she went and called Yin. WTH? What spell has Yin cast on her?
    Last edited by kidd; 06-11-09 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babiesface View Post
    are they going to make part 2 ??because Roger said he will come out and revenge. i wonder?
    That, or that scene was simply to testify that bad people can't change when they've let their habits embed themselves to the core for that long. Innate tendencies. This isn't your typical 'bad guy repenting' story.

i liked the ending. Overall a pretty good series i say.
    Last edited by milKBoi; 07-01-09 at 01:51 AM.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Kiki's character is even more annoying.

Everyone also told her Yin was bad, but, she refused to believe. What more, she betrayed people again and again for Yin. First she helped Yin tricked Carmen causing Carmen to be locked imprisoned by Yin. Didn't she hear about the lawsuit between Yin and Carmen after Carmen escaped? Then when Fun and Mun went to her house to ask for help, she went and called Yin. WTH? Why spell has Yin cast on her?
    i believe she did all that because Yin had helped her out financially all these years. she's a sucker for money.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

it does have a lot of scenes that keeps u in suspence. i tot kevin's acting has always been bland and i wud say this is his best that i have seen. roger has always excel in baddy roles - he played quite a lot of this in the late 90s. i agree elaine yiu has improved from the cry babe in safe guard. like macy chan, very refreshing but why that hair?! and yvonne ho, my goodness, she is a mother and a wife of a politician, why is she always half dressed?! and her acting is super annoying - like her better when she was playing minor roles...

but, a must watch if nothing but for the excitement.