Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Burning Flame III 《烈火雄心III》

Default My Thoughts

For a few episodes, this didn't dig into fire scenes and all about drama (until the last episode).

click to show/hide spoilers
    The finale was very exciting. I really thought Sing (Wong) would die. I mean like, they always had a person die in the rest of the Burning Flames, but not this one. It was pretty touching. I would've preferred Steven Ma over Kevin Cheng in this series. I really only kept on going for Bosco & Aimee's relationship & in the opening where Kevin says to Bosco and Wong, We don't die here.

I also really thought that they wouldn't show Bosco finding Suction Cup. After saying that, I think they forgot about Dexter =P

Well even though Wong & Kevin did an okay job in the love triangle with Myolie, I think I would like Wong and Aimee, and then Kevin & Bosco going for Myolie more.

Overall, I rate this series 3 out of 5 stars. I wouldn't recommend watching it, but I also wouldn't recommend not watching it.
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

Wonder, if anybody know which model or make of Kevin's car?

Spoilers...

Is the director for BF3 the same director for the 2 previous installments?

Because for a series called "Burning Flame", this series sure lacks flames (literally and figuratively). The entire series focuses on love/relationships more than fire fighting. Even then, the couples in the series have no spark whatsoever. It never seemed like Bosco had any feelings for Aimee, since he was always complaining about how unfeminine she was and had no qualms breaking up with her. Then, he discovers she's pregnant and suddenly decides that he loves her after all. I never saw any real emotional connection between them. It's just all so contrived.

The whole Wong Hei/Myolie/Kevin love triangle is even more ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that Myolie only realized how stubborn and controlling Wong Hei was after dating him for an entire year. Then she breaks up with him and proceeds to date his best friend after he falls into a coma. Kevin should have made it clear to Wong Hei from the very beginning that he'd known Myolie when Wong Hei introduced him to her. That would have eliminated a lot of unnecessary drama between the two.

And what ever happened to the "brotherhood" that Kevin displayed in the beginning? First, he decides to let his best friend "have" the girl (as if she were his to give away in the first place), then, after his best friend wakes up from a coma, he decides that he wants to compete for her after all. So much for "bros before hoes". None of the characters in this series are very likable, imho.
    Last edited by skylee; 09-09-09 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    Spoilers...

Is the director for BF3 the same director for the 2 previous installments?

Because for a series called "Burning Flame", this series sure lacks flames (literally and figuratively). The entire series focuses on love/relationships more than fire fighting. Even then, the couples in the series have no spark whatsoever. It never seemed like Bosco had any feelings for Aimee, since he was always complaining about how unfeminine she was and had no qualms breaking up with her. Then, he discovers she's pregnant and suddenly decides that he loves her after all. I never saw any real emotional connection between them. It's just all so contrived.

The whole Wong Hei/Myolie/Kevin love triangle is even more ridiculous. I find it hard to believe that Myolie only realized how stubborn and controlling Wong Hei was after dating him for an entire year. Then she breaks up with him and proceeds to date his best friend after he falls into a coma. Kevin should have made it clear to Wong Hei from the very beginning that he'd known Myolie when Wong Hei introduced him to her. That would have eliminated a lot of unnecessary drama between the two.

And what ever happened to the "brotherhood" that Kevin displayed in the beginning? First, he decides to let his best friend "have" the girl (as if she were his to give away in the first place), then, after his best friend wakes up from a coma, he decides that he wants to compete for her after all. So much for "bros before hoes". None of the characters in this series are very likable, imho.
    totally agree with u~ i'm already not one who can sit thru and watch an entire drama series...and this ridiculous 'love triangle' is beyond annoying.... >_<

Red face

tvb should have just let wong hei lead the cast instead of trying to promote kevin cheng. kevin just can't hold up to his character - his acting is bland. even when he was the good guy, i can't find myself rooting for him. the fact that wong hei is "way beyond" a much better actor than kevin makes kevin looks worst. bosco was just playing 'normal' playful roles and he has always shine on such roles. in fact, i think benny chan in his 'evil' role was much better in his expressions.

myolie lack the spark with both leads, to me, yoyo mung wud have been better choice as she looks more mature.

i stopped watching when wong hei went into coma and rewatch after he woke up.

guess with wong hei saying he will not do a BF4 means kevin will be the lead if tvb decides to do BF4....

This was the worst BF out of all 3. As people have already mentioned, Kevin's acting was bland and Myolie's character was annoying.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

I know this is a little late, but I recently finished BF3 and just wanted to chat about it ^__^ Agree with the overall comments that this is def the least successful part of the "trilogy". Honestly I think the artists did well in their roles, but it was the storyline that lacked. Espicially in character development and relationship not to mention the lack of emphasis on the actual firefighting aspect.

Kevin Cheng...I like his character. Yes, it may have been too perfect, but he did have flaws and I think he became more "realistic" as the serie progressed. I enjoyed the scenes he shared with Myolie. Felt they did have chemistry, espically in the scene where they go out on their first "date". It was the one where they were supposed to meet, but were from two directions and as Kevin was talking to Myo on the phone, he attempted to kiss her, but a mirror passed by and she "scared" him instead. That scene was quite cute and I felt genuine.

Myolie's character was not well written at all. She was priimarly there as the love interest and nothing else. Wish she would have had more purpose. Her acting was so so, but not fond of her hairstyle. It was very lifeless with no movement at all!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

just heads up, dnt watch this serie, its uber boring !!!!

click to show/hide spoilers
    the fire rescues werent even big, and its not even interesting to watch them ,
    Temptation