Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sweetness in the Salt 《勝雪鹽棧》

If you has Gektv it airing now the first 2 eps.

Joel's character Choi is such a cad! Using Ting Bik to steal Wu manor's antique and use them to bribe corrupt officials. And still have the nerve to insult Master Wu. That Ting Bik is so stupid, now with the family account fallen into her hands, I'm sure Choi will suck dry their money through Ting Bik.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I know that Felix Lok is evil - the most corrupt of them all. Chi Yuen goes: "Noooo! My god daddy is righteous! He's god and you all scum shouldn't talk bad of him!"

If I'm Sing Suet, I will also be touched (and swooning ) with Ting Hin words of comfort. She didn't leave Wu Manor when she overheard him confessing to Chi Yuen that he likes her. And even handmade a toy for him. Is she giving him a chance?

Previously I said that Kwok Fung steals the show. But now he's upstaged by Cheung Chi Kwong, that eccentric government official. Quite a cunning fellow.

But this series also have illogical plot also, such as in the beginning, doesn't Sing Suet and family dislike salt merchant because they are corrupt and greedy? Suddenly she's so friendly and accepting of Wu family? How could Chi Yuen aggressively declare his love for Sing Suet at Wu manor, after causing the death of her family?

This is sounding intriguing- I'm usually quite a fan of Steve Ma (I think he's quite a comic talend), but Raymond Cho's character here seems much more sympathetic... smart but sickly, loyal but unloved... sounds like a cool underdog to me!

I'm really hoping that the story gives him a reasonably good ending...

...though some of the clips on youtube make it look like he's deadly sick (swaying and staggering) at his own wedding, maybe to Sing Suet? Alas, would this be the type of story where he dies saving Sing Suet by marrying her, but doesn't live long enough to do anything but go through the ceremony and not live to let Sing Suet grow to love him in return? That would be a tragic ending indeed!

On a side note, Raymond Cho really does uncannily look like the young Leslie Chueng, specially in the Mainland serial celebrating the life of Anita Mui, where he plays the young Leslie!

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    This is sounding intriguing- I'm usually quite a fan of Steve Ma (I think he's quite a comic talend), but Raymond Cho's character here seems much more sympathetic... smart but sickly, loyal but unloved... sounds like a cool underdog to me!

I'm really hoping that the story gives him a reasonably good ending...

...though some of the clips on youtube make it look like he's deadly sick (swaying and staggering) at his own wedding, maybe to Sing Suet? Alas, would this be the type of story where he dies saving Sing Suet by marrying her, but doesn't live long enough to do anything but go through the ceremony and not live to let Sing Suet grow to love him in return? That would be a tragic ending indeed!

On a side note, Raymond Cho really does uncannily look like the young Leslie Chueng, specially in the Mainland serial celebrating the life of Anita Mui, where he plays the young Leslie!

Hi yanfeng, Raymond's surname is Wong, not Cho. Raymond Cho also works for TVB, he is the son-in-law of David Chiang.

What's good about Ting Hin is that he is no pushover. He is shrewd and intelligent when it comes to business. Regarding your spoiler post, yeah... poor man.

Ting Hin looks so dashing reciting this line:

天若有情天亦老,月如无恨月常圆
    我做不到执子之手,与子偕老,也说不出白发齐眉,永结同心

Last edited by sehseh; 01-09-09 at 01:57 AM.

Thank you for the quote- it is a very tragic one! (( (Though I admit I had to use google translate to make sense of it- sadly my mandarin isn't strong enough to read poetry!) But so noble.... okay, I'm resolved to give this series a try!

Oh yes, and thanks for the correction- Raymond Wong it is!

That's part where Raymond wong reciting those lines...so sad.
    I watch the series for Steven, but now i have another guy to watch for.

Is it only me watching the series? No one to discuss with?

Sorry, this sounds very cool, but I don't have access to watch it yet... might in a few weeks- but until then, perhaps you can tell us bits of what you think about it and spoil some of it for us!

I really want to watch this too but I'm going to wait for TVB's broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Is it only me watching the series? No one to discuss with?
    Nope, you are not alone. But I'm slow till eps. 4 now as I'm watching jap dramas as well... I think Sing Suet accepts Wu family is due to repay kindness of Ting Hin and perharps to wait for an opportunity to get revenge against Chi Yuen (I hope so! ) I hope Sing Suet do like Ting Hin and marry him at later eps not because of graditude.

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh View Post
    Nope, you are not alone. But I'm slow till eps. 4 now as I'm watching jap dramas as well... I think Sing Suet accepts Wu family is due to repay kindness of Ting Hin and perharps to wait for an opportunity to get revenge against Chi Yuen (I hope so! ) I hope Sing Suet do like Ting Hin and marry him at later eps not because of graditude.
    Read spoilers that Ting Hin expressed his feelings to Sing Suet in episode 10 and she was so touched that she was crying like a baby.
    Sing Suet feelings kinda goes back and forth between Ting Hin and Chi Yuen

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Read spoilers that Ting Hin expressed his feelings to Sing Suet in episode 10 and she was so touched that she was crying like a baby.
    Sing Suet feelings kinda goes back and forth between Ting Hin and Chi Yuen
    Ahh... this is so sweet! If this is the case then I would be mad if Chi Yuen keep on pestering/expressing his concern on Sing Suet despite the fact that he asked Ting Hin to look after her in the first place. Why can't a man be more firm & decisive on relationship!? It's always the lady whom we get to see as strong & sever on such matter...

Quote Originally Posted by kenixgoh View Post
    Ahh... this is so sweet! If this is the case then I would be mad if Chi Yuen keep on pestering/expressing his concern on Sing Suet despite the fact that he asked Ting Hin to look after her in the first place. Why can't a man be more firm & decisive on relationship!? It's always the lady whom we get to see as strong & sever on such matter...
    Well, Ting Hin doesn't exactly says that he loves her and wish to be with her. He thought he is dying and gave Suet the many pairs of earrings he bought for her and not have courage to give to her earlier; as a token of 'remembrance'.

This also means that Suet didn't accept Hin, but she's really frantic when she dropped the pouch containing the earrings. Can feel that Yuen is jealous.

I watched up to ep 10 too.
    Chi Yuen is def. jealous, maybe feeling regret too. especially after he found out this god-dad is
    greedy person so he feel remorse of what he did to Sing Suet's parents

Oh and 蒋志光's Yiu tai yan is great too. I love his carefree, but dopey entrance to the series

I was hoping to see more scene of Yiu fighting against To. Wonder what Chi Yuen plan to do next, since he quit his job(s).

Ting Fai (Ka Nin) is absolutely heartless when it comes to women! It's obvious from the start that he doesn't love Ying Yuet. He fought against that businessman just because he's unhappy that his favorite toy is being snatched away. Women to him are just like his crickets, as Ting Hin implied. I hope he will learn his lesson and treat Siu Yuen (the cute maid) right, because that girl is just too sweet and naive. But on other viewpoint, though he disrespect his father he still cared enough to know that marrying Ying Yuet will be the last straw. One thing for sure is that he loves his family (in his own weird ways) and he is clever - though not in business aspect.

But I think the true bastard in this series should be Choi, not To. To maybe evil and corrupt but he love Chi Yuen like his own flesh and blood. Choi? He claims he love Ting Bik and yet he's lusting after the younger sister Ting Yin...

I just started on this and like it so far. The combo of Steven Ma, Tavia Yeung and Raymond Wong is refreshing - three actors with proven acting ability. That's wonderful.
    TV viewing is a craft.

is this series worth watching sehseh?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    is this series worth watching sehseh?
    It's so far so good up to episode 10.

I don't know if I will continue watching after Raymond Wong died.

p.s. I hate it when Steven get all the credit for Sing Suet parent's burial. It was Raymond who suggested and ask from Steven, whom I think will not care if they are left rotting at city gate.

There are 25 Episodes.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan