Thread: Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi starring Bae Yong Joon

Default Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi starring Bae Yong Joon

Has anyone heard any news on this drama? I know it stars Bae Yong Joon in ancient times and.. its set to air the end of this month. I think this is probably the reason for his long bishounen locks in the japanese version of Hotelier.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/7834/ndramnx4.gif')

Copy and Pasted from www.baeyongjune.com :

Production cost for the drama is in or 50 billion (won) level being the highest in nation...Rumor of inflow of Japanese capital is unfounded

24-episode drama 'TWSSG', with the highest production cost invested in history for domestic films and drama altogether, will be aired on MBC TV on June 25. After putting off scheduled broadcasting dates several times, it is finally confirmed.

Biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to starring BYJ

The 'TWSSG', depicting love and biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to, who had the mightiest power in Kogooryeo, attracted attention from its planning stage.That is due to the fact that in addition for Director Kim Jonghak and script writer Song Jina, having made fantastic combination in 'Dawn's pupil', 'Sandglass', etc. to join hand, Hallyu star BYJ was cast for starring role. All the while, media have reported contradicting reports each other regarding production cost saying 25 billion or 45 billion, and various rumors have been rampant about BYJ's acting fee. Reports came out one after another that acting fee per each episode would be 100 million won. There even came a rumor that because pretty good amount of production cost was invested from Japan, pretty much portion of profit that would be realized with the drama will flow back to Japan after all. It is also a result of 'mystery principle' strategy exerted by production crew including Director Kim Jonghak or TSG Company, production company, by thoroughly keeping secret about this drama. Actually, the 'TWSSG' would not make public even the brief synopsis on the drama even now when broadcasting is just around the corner. The TSG Company is a company financed jointly by the Kim Jonghak Production, in charge of overall planning and production, and SSD, an investment-distribution-marketing company which is an affiliate to the Kim Jonghak Production.

However, it is true that worried voices flew out from inside and outside of broadcasting industry as setbacks happened frequently in its broadcasting schedule, and as it was involved with even litigation in court. The 'TWSSG' was dragged into dispute of plagiarizing a comic 'Nation of WInd' last year and after the court awarded decision that it did not violate the copyright, an appeal trial is going on at present. Mr. Hong Soonjoo of 'Study Group on lost ancient Korean history' also recently submitted a bill of reason for appeal to Seoul Central High Court of Justice claming that the 'TWSSG' violated copyright of 'History revealed in tablet of the Great King Kwang-gae-to' and scenario 'The Great King Kwang-gae-to, Lion of thousand gods' written by him. Although court of first instance decided dismissal already in the last month, Mr. Hong has appealed objecting that.

What is the truth on the 'TWSSG' which frequently became topic of rumors as much as hot interest in it.

Managing Director Park Changsik, who is a board director for production at the Kim Jonghak Production and Chung Jaewook PD ata the TSG Company revealed the truth of the drama 'TWSSG' in an interview with the 'Newsmaker'

Reason for postponing brodcasting date several times

Although they verbally made promise to MBC to air it in March in this year at first, it was postponed due to problem of production process. It is the same reason that it was postponed from May to June. We have aimed at 100 % production before broadcasting. However, (production) period became longer because completion of the sets was delayed from schedule, and there were shooting with high degree of difficulty. In particular, it took a long time as we have to express the Four God characters of Blue Dragon, White TIger, Scarlet Phenix, Black Turtle, appearing in Myth, in actually alive and moving appearance with 3D computer graphic(CG). In contrary to average competion of one cut a day of CGs that are used in dramas nowadays, the Four Gods in the 'TWSSG' took 6 months for one cut. The expense spent in CG work alone is 6 to 7 billion won.

At present, about 70% filming has completed and we plan to finish all the filming before the broadcasting. The significances of prior production (before airing) are tow folds. One is for not changing the storyline following TV viewers' reactions and the other is at the level of doing the time-consuming CG works ahead (of airing) . Looking from that perspective, the 'TWSSG' is the same as producing 100% ahead of broadcasting as we originally aimed. Although there will be filmings after it starts airing also, they will become level of supplemental filming.

How much is the production cost.

Although we can know exactly after all works are done, considering from current level, it seems that it would cost about 32 billion won. In addition to that, it could cost about 1 to 1.5 billion won additionally. Besides that, 20 to 22 billion won was invested as cost for Jeju Island open sets. However, those were built by Cheongam Visual Theme Park(Inc.) bu taking intestment, even though it is our affiliate company. I am telling that cost to produce the 'TWSSG' is at least 52 billion won if we total them. Honestly I feel scared. Originally even we did not know that the scale will become as big as this. Since BYJ was cast, there was big increase in offers to invest.

Unhappy

A total bomb. Dubbed "The Titanic" of Korean drama. Over-budget, never-ending delays, the fued between the director and Yon sama, the ongoing plagiarism controversy, the the list goes on and on and on.

ah.. it must be cursed then. ::slaps some Buddhist sticky paper on it::

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

I've been watching the first few episodes....it looks promising.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

This series is great and the storyline is awesome as well.

i love this drama ! So far I have finished episode 22.

2 more to go !

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_at_Dolphin_Bay View Post
    i love this drama ! So far I have finished episode 22.

2 more to go !
    wow, u're fast. I am only up to episode 19.

this drama is really captivating. the OST are great as well. I can't stop listening to them.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

um...its actually quite average for me this series.......not enough romance.....i'm up to ep 20 and I see nothing happening btw Dam Dok and Sujini :P:P

The show is over. It had one of the worst endings in recent history. The ending was so confusing you couldn't tell what really happened. A total bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The show is over. It had one of the worst endings in recent history. The ending was so confusing you couldn't tell what really happened. A total bomb.
    What are your thoughts on Yeon Gae Somun then? Is Yeon Gae Somun really 100 episodes? I don't think I've seen such long drama like 100 eps before.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yeah, i heard the ending is really bad, ppl say it ruins the first 23 eps.....some even wished they never watched it in the first place

I still have 3 more eps to go......dont know if i should watch ep 24

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    What are your thoughts on Yeon Gae Somun then? Is Yeon Gae Somun really 100 episodes?
    YGSM's even worse than TWSSG in terms of hidden nationalistic agenda. It's supposed to be anti-China yet the first half of show is about life of Sui Yang Di, not YGSM.

Out of all these anti-China dramas, only Dae Jo Young is watchable to Chinese viewers, as this drama is not so much about asserting some nationalist agendas on TV screen, but a little guy trying to survive and carve out his kingdom against a milion-man army of Empress Wu of Tang China.

I don't think I've seen such long drama like 100 eps before.
    Most historical dramas are that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Anekin View Post
    I still have 3 more eps to go......dont know if i should watch ep 24
    Watch it, but be prepared to not like it. As bad as Episode 23~24 of Evangelion TV series.

i still in 14th episode...

is the ending really that bad?
    is 24th is the last episode?
    i support sujini!!!!