Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jiro Wang

Oh goodness, i also didn't realize there was all of that drama going on with the poster. Jiro's size and prominence on the poster was the first thing i noticed but i really didn't think too much about it. Though it did throw me off and made me think that maybe Danson wasn't really part of the lead cast. I guess same goes for Genie. Like you said, Jilly, it's not Jiro's fault and hopefully the other people's fans won't take it out on him.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Yeah, it's pretty sad that all this drama going on before the real drama started (sorry, bad pun, hehe).

Would it be better if they use this poster instead?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/RL3.jpg')
    credit: GTV

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro2.jpg')
    credit: aiwa

OMG!! These pics r cute!! and he was in Pawnshop no.8?? I kinda regretted not watching that. He always has funny adorable characters, doesnt he? My mum was asking, does he act as the main character in any drama ? Anyone enlighten me on that.. I didnt know he was Fahrenheite at all, I think he's way better in acting than fellow-citizen Wu Zun. Anyway, he's been acting way before Wu Zun started acting.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Hello XWingSuki, Jiro is cute, isn't he? =P Jiro is in the second season of Pawnshop No.8. I'm still mad when I think about this coz I didn't know that there are two seasons of Pawnshop, so I bought the first season. I actually went through the whole 39 episodes hoping to catch his first acting role, but to my dismay, he's not in it *pulling my hair out* I'm not gonna sit through another 77 episodes just to catch a glimpse of him since he only has a minor role here anyway, hehe.

ISWAK is his first major supporting role before being casted in KO One as the lead role. He acts as the main character in The X-Family (KO One sequel) and the upcoming drama Rolling Love. He also has a big role in Hana Kimi and They Kiss Again.

Regarding his acting way before Wu Chun, that's not entirely true. He did set foot on the showbiz before the other three Fahrenheit members, but he mainly worked backstage in charge of fashion designing and occasionally some commercial modeling. His first break into acting was when he was offered a guest-star role in Pawnshop in 2004. He was filming KO One in 2005 when Wu Chun took up Tokyo Juliet that same year, so they got their first leading role at the same time. Fahrenheit was actually only three people in the beginning - Jiro, Calvin, and Arron - but because the company thought three is kind of an odd number, they decided to recruit another member, Wu Chun. Anyway, I agree that Jiro has quite an acting talent, especially with those funny and adorable roles. IMO, his most challenging role is The X-Family, where he has to play 4 different characters.

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I thought Tokyo Juliet was in 2006 (because Ariel looks slimmer in TJ than in ISWAK, that's why. I only watched TJ and ISWAK last year. Agree with what you say on his acting talent, that must have been another reason why I thought Jiro started out acting before Wu Zun. He also has sweet looks, as in the pic with 3 poses below, right?
    What's in his role in Rolling Love?

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Oh, you're right. I should have checked my info first, hehe. Tokyo Juliet was released in 2006, but I guess they filmed it in 2005 coz Wu Chun was committed to TJ when Jiro, Calvin, and Arron were busy filming KO One.
    Jiro is a chef who can only cook (delicious) egg fried rice in Rolling Love.
    That 3-pose picture was from a magazine

Oh I see, when I was in Singapore my niece opened this pictorial book of Fahrenheite and then I saw Jiro's pic. That's when I knew he was one of the Fahrenheite, Im actually quite lacking in media news.. Hmm if its filmed in 2005 then Ariel must have been so busy with two dramas. ^^

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Ooh, I like the second DCF poster better It looks more lively and happy and gives more equalized attention to each main lead.

Just wanted to share a pic of Jiro that I really like <3 (credit to AF gallery, reuploaded by me!):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/cowsswim/normal_1132682667.jpg')

the poster topic was kind of hot i think. In the recent Kang XI Lai Le program, the hosts asked Jiro and then Danson about it. But i dont know what they explained as i dont understand chinese But for sure the news about Danson's being low spirit because of this wasn't true and their relationship is still good

Japan tour autograph session for 8 hours, Jiro feels shy, refuses to let female massage practitioner touch him

Ariel, Joe and Jiro went to Japan on 27th to help GTV promote [It Started With A Kiss] DVD, after 8 long hours of autograph session, they were all exhausted, good thing that the main sponsor kindly finds professional massage practitioners, making everyone feel very relaxed, Joe almost fell asleep.

Speaking of massage, Ariel said when she feels like a [paper doll], she will depend on male massage practitioner to massage her stomach, [During the extensive time of filming, dieting, eating only vegetables & fruits and massaging are needed in order to become thin, I won't mind letting a male massage practitioner touch me!]

Ariel is very open about letting male touch her stomach, Jiro on the other hand is very [traditional], refuses to find female practitioner to do massage, [Letting a female practitioner to help massage will make me feel shy, and I will be afraid to yell out loudly, it will be very awkward.] After the Japanese practitioner has massaged Jiro's feet, he indicate that his digestive system is not good, making Jiro, who recently has Gastoenteritis, shout out in fascination, but he quickly added:[My kidney function has no problem!]

Jiro (right) who had a stiff neck screams in pain as he's being massaged
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/aiwa09/FRH%20News/EN8429_01.jpg')

Translated by aiwa @ FahrenheitGloba1

Talking BigFan

Oh my, I really like to watch Jiro dramas!!^_^ Jiro is very cool....I hope someday i will see he in my real life^_^ Just can't wait to see him now...hahhahah.......anyway, hope Jiro doing great!!...^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Love this funny guy. Who's with me?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1117/1314873571_8f8c78188c.jpg?v=0')

Profile:

Name: 汪東城 / Wang Dong Cheng
    Nickname: 大東 / Da Dong
    Birthdate: 1981-Aug-24
    Birthplace: Taiwan
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 67 kg
    Star Sign: Virgo
    Blood Type: O
    Band: Fahrenheit 飛輪海 / Dong Cheng Wei (東城衛)
    Education: Fu Hsin Trade and Arts College (Advertising Design)

TV Series:

2004 The Pawnshop No.8/第八號當舖
    2005 It Started With a Kiss/惡作劇之吻
    2005 KO One/終極一班
    2006 Hanazakarino Kimitachihe/花樣少年少女
    2007 The X-Family/終極一家
    2007 It Started With a Kiss 2/惡作劇之吻 2
    yes!!! of course!!! i with u....I love this funny guy too. ^_^heheheh....He is so hot and very funny^_^hahhahah, love ya Jiro!! I'm ur #1 FAN.....^_^and u are my #1 star.....^^

Hi kolanie, welcome

Swim mei, that picture is from his blog. I've flipped through his whole photo albums hehe.

Tanteun, can you PM me the Kang Xi program? I'll watch it and let you know what they are talking about =P
    I'm glad the rumors are not true. I hope Jiro and Danson can keep their good relationship ^^

P.S. I can't edit my first post, so I can't add Rolling Love to his TV Series

Question hello Jilly

hey, Jilly do u know how to post pix in here??

swimfishy, hehe, Jiro and his self-taken pics.

Jiro (right) who had a stiff neck screams in pain as he's being massaged
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/aiwa09/FRH%20News/EN8429_01.jpg')
    That's such a cute pic of Jiro.

Quote Originally Posted by kolanie View Post
    hey, Jilly do u know how to post pix in here??
    So i'm not Jilly but i can tell you how to post pics in here.

Just use the following code:
    [IMG]link[/IMG]

Make sure you replace the word "link" above with the actual link to the pic and that should automatically show the pic in your post.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Jiro & Genie plays catch the egg game

Source: Upaper
    Translated by aiwa @FahrenheitGloba1

Jiro Genie got punished to do 9 frying-rice poses in a roll

The extremely popular idols--Jiro, Danson, Genie, Xiao Xun, Huang Jia Qian, etc., went to KangNing Nursing School yesterday to promote for CTV's [Rolling Love], they even played catch the egg game at the spot, the most losing team has to be punished to do [9 frying-rice poses in a roll].

In the end, Jiro and Genie only caught 1 egg, the crowd jokingly said: [It's too obvious, pretending to not know each other well!] Jiro quickly explains: [Genie's skin is too good, too smooth, and I kept sweating, so cannot catch it.]

But how will [frying-rice pose] look like, as a senior, Huang Jia Qian stood up without hesitation: [The most important part of frying-rice is feeling, the first step is to kiss.] The two facing each other, Jiro sweating even more, with sweat drops coming straight down, Ken who was on the side quickly helped Jiro wipe off the sweat, in order to prevent the kiss from becoming [salty & wet].

Hearing that the alliance channel is showing a drama with bed scene, the drama crew jokingly said: [It's ok, they have bed scene, we have fried rice, as there's appetite for food and sex!] Jiro and Danson also made bold statements, if the viewing rate goes over 8, besides being able to see Jiro and Genie [french-kiss], he also will be kissing all the actors in the drama!

Jiro, Genie playing catch the egg game.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/aiwa09/FRH%20News/roll1.jpg')

Jiro, Genie, Xiao Xun promoting for CTV's [Rolling Love].
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/aiwa09/FRH%20News/roll2.jpg')

Edit: Watch the egg game
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-03-08 at 06:52 PM.

Jiro's new blog 05/04/08
    Translated by Tiffany @ FahrenheitGloba1

Rolling Love is Starting La~~~~~~~~~

Today is really a joyous and happy day
    Because I'm really very happy. Let us have a date at Dan Shui today, it's really a joyful and passionate night
    Today seeing everyone, I'm too happy, and excited, hope Da Dong did not lose my composure oh
    So many people oh, firstly is Taiwan's Dong Cheng Undefeated, it's simply too cool
    All of you wore bandanas, it’s really suitable oh, of course there’s also Taiwan’s many very passionate friends
    And also Korean fan club, Wah, in Korea, really thanks for all your passionate entertainment and greetings oh, hope all of you will have fun in Taiwan these few days
    And also, and also those from Hong Kong and Mainland China, Wah, you all are really like superman, flying here and there, really thanks a lot to you all oh, the lighting board are super cool
    Lastly, of course I won’t miss out those of you from Japan oh, (sashiburi) it means long time no see in Japanese, ha, cool
    And also Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and everyone from all over the world h, it’s cool to the limit

Tomorrow, Rolling Love, is finally, finally, finally going to be aired, Da Dong’s stomach can’t help getting hungry
    Hope everyone can give me your support oh, tomorrow must definitely watch it on time at home, the ratings must definitely hit the top and get first
    Oh Yea
    Today watched the initial airing, so many great and fantastic memories, really very great, because the director really made the winter looked super summer (P.S Translator’s note: the show was filmed in cold winter, but it looks like summer in the show)
    It’s really successful
    Really not wasted, to have me wearing singlet and sneezing, ha
    Right, at this place, I also need to tell those friends who worried for Da Dong, Thank you, Thanks for your concern, Da Dong’s Dragon Body, is already healthy and fit
    All in all, today I happily, spent a joyous and beautiful night at Dan Shui with everyone, and also did some charity and show some concern with everyone
    Tomorrow, just wait to watch, Rolling Love ~~~~~ Start ba
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!! Definitely possible~~~!!!

Thanks, Jilly, for the post. Hehe, i like how Jiro's all excited about his new series.

BTW, i just saw the opening for Rolling Love which features the theme song, Heng Xing / 恆星 / Star, sung by Fahrenheit. You definitely hear a lot of Jiro in it. And it looks like Jiro gets to kiss the girl in this series too. That Danson hat is also featured in the opening credits. LOL. Anyway, i definitely like the song. Can't wait to see the actual MV for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90XA7TecynE
    I <3 MatsuJun

Thanks, beanybeans. I love the theme song. It's very catchy, isn't it? Can't wait for the full version =P
    The bad news is that the first episode's rating is really low (only 1.3). I feel really bad for Jiro and the casts.
    All their hardwork doesn't pay off

=====

Source: UDN

Viewing Rate PK [Rolling Love] greatly lose to [Fated Love]

Evan Yuan, Chen Qiao En, Chen Chu He, Bai Xin Hui starrs in TTV's [Fated Love], yesterday against CTV's new idol drama [Rolling Love] was threatening, the first round results of viewing rate according to audience age 4 years above, [Fated Love] received the highest rating of 5.98, placing at top 80, almost always in the top 10, staying at 1st place, while [Rolling Love] is the highest at 1.45 currently behind, there's still room for improvement.

Popular idol Jiro, Danson, Genie, Xiao Xun starrs in [Rolling Love], which started airing on CTV last night at 10pm, since the battle is against a strong rival of TTV idol drama [Fated Love], [Rolling love]'s main actors/actresses has recently go around wildly for promotions, even visiting school campus and play catch the egg game with students, in order to fight for viewing rate, the few main actors/actresses has totally put themselves out. First time facing a big challenge, Genie plays as a blind girl, she even had to go to blind rehabilitation center for classes, to make her eyes blurred to practice walking up and down the stairs, as well as how to use the walking cane to walk, seeing so much hard work she put in, too bad the viewing rate has not reached it's expected rate, still have to work harder.

While TTV's [Fated Love], starring Chen Qiao En, Evan Yuan, Chen Chu He, after coming back from Shanghai filming outdoors, they quickly had to hold [Spring Limited Fans Meeting], Evan kneels down to woo Chen Qiao En, Chen Qiao En also reveals that Evan often knock on her door in Shanghai, the scene was extremely controversial.

--------------------

Source: appledaily

[Fated Love] winning by 4x [Rolling Love] 1st showing is weak

Jiro and Genie starring in [Rolling Love] two nights ago joined the weekend idol drama battle ground, with the results locked in [Fated Love] takes 1st place, Evan Yuan and Chen Qiao En after knowing the average viewing rate of their's was 4x their rival, proudly said: [Being in 1st place for 7 weeks in a roll, it's almost time to open a champaign to celebrate!]

[Rolling Love] starring Jiro, Genie, etc., the target audience is youth, but sadly the 1st episode rating result was only 1.3%, [Fated Love] facing a new rival, not only did the ratings not drop, but it raised, setting a new record at 5.28%, a total 4x of [Rolling Love], GTS's [Discovery of Love] is lowest.

Jiro disappointed

Evan Yuan and Chen Qiao En's charisma is high, the drama crew reveals yesterday while filming outdoors in Shanghai, the drama hasn't even been aired in the area, yet the cunning fans has found the hotel they were staying at. Evan said: [They are very cute, even bringing an unofficial poster for me to sign, while I didn't know whether I should sign it or not.] On the other hand, [Rolling Love]'s leading actors/actresses haven't fired the 1st shot and they are already disappointed.

Both articles are translated by aiwa @ FahrenheitGloba1

Thanks, beanybeans. I love the theme song. It's very catchy, isn't it? Can't wait for the full version =P
    The bad news is that the first episode's rating is really low (only 1.3). I feel really bad for Jiro and the casts.
    All their hardwork doesn't pay off
    Yeah, i like it quite a bit too. It IS really catchy. Can't wait for the full version too.

Awww, sorry to hear about the low ratings for Rolling Love. Speaking of ratings, i'm not good when it comes to this. So what's considered low, average, and high? Man, it seemed like they did all of those promotions and they didn't really make a difference. Now it kinda makes them look a bit silly. I wonder what it is. Is it the cast or the storyline that just doesn't appeal to the masses?

So did you by any chance watch the first episode for Rolling Love, Jilly? If so, what'd you think?

I keep hearing about Fated to Love You. It seems pretty popular. Are you by any chance watching that, Jilly? I'm just wondering if it's living up to all of this hype it's getting.
    I <3 MatsuJun