Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jiro Wang

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around for awhile!

Jilly Jie, thanks for all of the goodies! I really like the beginning theme, too, and I was bummed about the low ratings for DCF, too, especially after all of that hard work by the cast. I don't really like the way the media is portraying DCF as the "loser" of the "competition" for ratings. Hehe, I have to say, I'm mesmerized by watching Jiro make the fried rice... it's so cool! I haven't watched the first eppy yet, b/c I'm waiting for English subs, but the previews looked good. I think maybe people aren't as gung ho about cooking dramas, maybe? (Sweet Relationship got ratings in the 1s, too). Hope DCF can increase in ratings!

beanybeans, usually you want to get above a 2 to have decent ratings. Probably below a 1.5 is considered low, between 1.5 and 2.5 is average, and high would be 3 and up. Above a 4 is considered very high. Fated To Love You is pretty good... I've watched the first 5 episodes, and it's pretty fast-paced, and the plot is interesting. It's really funny and sweet, too - at least the beginning episodes were. I'm actually starting to get a little bored of it now, but I think that's because I've been spoiled with some really good dramas lately. Anyway, I'd recommend giving it a watch and seeing if you like it. I'm not a big fan of the "Daddy told me I'm a princess, and one day, I'll find my Prince Charming" part of the story, but other than that, the storyline is unique and good. It *is* a SETTV drama, so it has the quirks that are unique to SETTV dramas, like the cartoony sounds, like "doing!" etc. The main actors are all pretty good in their respective roles, but I think it's the storyline and eventual happily ever after that reel people in.

Beanybeans, I would also say that you want to get at least a 2 for decent ratings.
    This is what I think about the ratings (plus examples):

• < 1 is disaster
      "Full Count" starring Tony Sun and Joanne Zeng - 0.39, "Yuan Lai Wo Bu Shuai" starring JJ Lin - 0.75
    • 1-2 is low
      "SummerXSummer" starring Joe Cheng - 1.18, "Sweet Relationship" starring Vic Zhou and Patty Hou -1.5
    • 2-3 is decent
      "Bull Fighting" starring Mike He and Hebe - 2.12, "Ying Ye 3+1" starring Ming Dao and Joe Chen - 2.19
    • 3-4 is good
      "Corner with Love" starring Show Luo and Barbie Hsu - 3.59, "Hana Kimi" starring Wu Chun and Ella - 3.89
    • >4 is excellent
      Prince Turns to Frog, Meteor Garden, ISWAK

I don't know what to say on Rolling Love's low ratings. I'm just so bummed out! Man, I feel really really bad for the casts, especially Jiro coz now people will look upon him as a failure compared to Wu Chun's great showing in "Romantic Princess" (3.40). I can't imagine how disappointed he'll be. I'm afraid with his reflective character, he'll beat himself up hard for it. Gah, I really hope the ratings will pick up next week. Jia you, jia you!!

I haven't watched "Fated to Love You" yet. I don't like waiting week after week in suspense for the next episode to air. Rolling Love is an exception coz I can't wait for another 3 months to catch this series, hehe. Hmm, I think the first episode is pretty good. It doesn't catch your interest right away, but it definitely grows on you.

Swim mei, you've answered my curiosity on why TDramas like to use "doing" cartoony sounds. It's SETTV! Mystery solved. Haha. Two series that came to my mind are "Prince Turns to Frog" and "Smiling Pasta," and guess what?? They are SETTV productions, lol. Yeah, I think people are just not that interested in cooking dramas. I'm still hoping that DCF will break the curse, though

Recent magazine spreads to promote Rolling Love

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/DCF.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/DCF2.jpg')

Ratings credit to DramaWiki
    Pics credit to FahrenheitGloba1
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-07-08 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Credits

Jiro Fries Rice, Wok Spade Flies to First Floor

Source: UDN
    Translated by Cmiley @ asianfanatics

Jiro's mother is a fan of Bai Bing Bing, yesterday he and Genie Zhuo went on CtiTV's "Bing Bing's Good Cooking" was nervous making egg fry rice, during his practice he by mistake dropped the wok spade from second floor to the first floor, once it was the official frying, he forgot to make the wok hot first then putting the beated egg in the rice, Bai Bing Bing even asked the two if they're together after they've finished filming? Causing the two to beg and let them go.

The few dramas characters are all related to chefs, Jiro worthy of being named as "Fried Rice Man", Jiro embarassed to say, the skills to make the food was practiced hard, but the main points still have a lot of work to improve. Genie laughed saying she's never stir fried rice, causing the crew to laugh, but Genie going on a cooking program is not weak either, she said: "I'm really good at making white rice."

Jiro yesterday worked hard taking notes, asking the chef of steps, hoping to give his mother an explanation, but he cared too much, during his break he hid praticing the skills, and accidently the wok spade flew out and fell to the ground, frightening a bunch of crew, causing him to be embarassed.

Jiro's fried rice at the end earned 80 points, the smart him took the rice and gave it to Bai Bing Bing and wishing her Happy Mother's Day, causing Bai Bing Bing's heart to warm.

==========

Watch: Jiro and Danson on YLBFB with Show Luo and Xiao Gui

Part1 Part 2 Part 3 Part4 Part5
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-08-08 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Add links

Jilly Jie! Love the COLOR mag scan. Hehe, and I have pics from the cooking show. Jiro looks so adorably serious - I love his focused look And his fried rice skills look pretty cool. Did you see him dancing and twirling his utensils on ASOS Love Food or whatever it's called?

Some pics from the cooking show (credit to FRHCN):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4008/jiro11kq4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9792/jiro8yv4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1402/jiroandgenie13tj9.jpg')

And some pics from TKA Japan interview:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2189/normalde16d1161e52ef0b9em0.th.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/766/normalcfd98326f68a5a048oa3.th.jpg')

Jiro Influences Genie to Drink more Water!

Credit to Little Stars @ Fahrenheit Avenue

Jiro and Genie are acting as a couple in the drama "Rolling Love" which is currently airing. However, it was revealed that during the filiming of this drama, Genie hardly drank any water. So, Jiro acted like a father and kept on bugging her on how she should drink more water often! "Why don't you drink water? You're constanly drinking other drinks and juices, thjats really bad for your body!" was the phrase he constantly said when filming with Genie. This annoyed Genie very much and all she could do was response saying:"You're just like my dad!". However, over time, after Jiro had constantly bugged her about drinking more water, Genie had finally knocked off the habit of not drinking water! Jiro himself cares very much about his health and always carried a large bag full of healthy foods like "yan wo"(or swallow nest), chicken broth, and special energy soup his mother made especially for him!

==========

Jiro is funny and sweet at the same time, bugging Genie to drink more water so much that she finally surrenders and listens to him, hehe.

Thanks for the pictures, swim mei. I love the C-Pop Town mag scan
    Oh, I watched that ASOS Love Food show. Jiro looks so cool twirling the utensils!
    His dancing is funny, though. He can go pretty crazy sometimes

Watch: Jiro and Danson on ASOS Love Food

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-11-08 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Links

aww, that water story is cute. i bet jiro would be a really great big brother, you know?

lol, i can't help but laugh at those fried rice pictures. i can flip omletes and pancakes, but i can't even make fried rice, let alone flip it! lol, i would be worthless as an asian housewife.....

someone teach me how to make fried rice quick, before i become an old maid! teehee

Jiro's new blog 5/11
    Translated by Tiffany @ fahrenheit-globa1

Happy Mother’s Day oh

Today I had fun with everyone, and also pre-celebrated Mother’s Day with everyone
    Seeing so many people coming to play together, I am really very happy
    Ha, because Da Dong was too happy when he saw everyone
    Seems that I have been too high again, no choice, who ask all of you to be so high too
    Must well let us all sing the song, “When we all together” haha (Dang wo men tong zai yi qi)

Today everyone is really tired out, queuing and waiting so long. And also some cute friends who also booked the cars
    Everyone must definitely adhere to the traffic rules, and also help each other harmoniously
    Love me and everything that comes along with me, isn’t it? I hope everyone can be just like a family, isn’t that very good?
    Everyone must be obedient, be good (Guai Guai)

Tomorrow, there is also San Ta (Location name), Da Dong is looking forward to it, because can see many of you whom I have not seen for along time
    All in all, hope the weather will be fine tomorrow, not like today where everyone have to be in the rain
    And also, it’s past 12, it’s already mother’s day. Wishing all mothers in the world

Happy Mother’s Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Cool~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/051108.jpg')

==========

soratorashi, yeah, Jiro would totally be a great brother.
    Hee, how come my brother is not like that? =P
    Emm, I'm not a good cook either, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    soratorashi, yeah, Jiro would totally be a great brother.
    Hee, how come my brother is not like that? =P
    Emm, I'm not a good cook either, haha.
    lol. my little brother (who's taller than me) is kinda like that. he's a great cook too. he makes fun of my lack of cooking skills all the time X3

Jilly Jie, I’m back and graduated… whee!
    Aww, I agrere, Jiro’s so cute pushing Genie to take care of her health and drink water =) Good thing she finally listened. I didn’t realize Jiro was so into eating healthy foods, though… good job, Jiro!

Jiro’s Happy Mother’s Day message was very sweet. I’m glad he was super high, too! (*sigh* I’m a bit bummed about the DCF ratings, but at least Jiro was happy!)

Soratorashi, LOL, I’m the same way. I can’t make or flip tasty fried rice yet =( What ever shall we do? Let’s go to Taiwan and ask Jiro to teach all of us, okay?

Yeah!! Congrats, swim mei!!
    So are you moving to Cali soon?

The following are Jiro's Fuu Blog Entries (Apr) on his favorite albums.

★ Jiro's Most Beloved, Collectible Album(1):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fuu.com.tw/photo/J/I/JIRO/5160/b_93766_9436565637.jpg')

●Album Name:
    SEVENTH OF JULY SUNNY DAY
    ●Artiste:
    Dream come true

● Why I like this album:
    A few years ago, I've watched a movie called "SEVENTH OF JULY SUNNY DAY", at that time, I was intrigued by the plot and the theme song, so I found out about the band "Dream Come True"...The plot of the movie is about the main actress who had a simple life as a workaholic, and the main actor did not know she was a famous celebrity, but the two still slipped into a romance...I really envy the plot of this movie, because in real life, it's really hard to have the type of relationship from the past in my opinion! Of course I still wish to have the pure and innocent relationship like in the past, so until now, I still like to listen to this song!

★ Jiro's Most Beloved, Collectible Album(2):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fuu.com.tw/photo/J/I/JIRO/5160/b_94751_8374859094.jpg')

●Album Name:
    METEORA
    ●Artiste:
    Linkin Park

● Why I like this album:
    From the first time I finish listening to this album, I was deeply intrigued by the life & energy that this band brings, it gives people motivation and hope, so I strongly believe this album is very suitable for listening on a deserted island! Because it will give people the motivation to live, it inspires people to live on!

★ Jiro's Most Beloved, Most Collectible Album(3):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fuu.com.tw/photo/J/I/JIRO/5160/b_96262_0660778284.jpg')

● Album Title:
    The Ark of the Millenium (千禧之航) (SONY BMG)
    ● Artiste:
    L'Arc-en-Ciel (彩虹樂團)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fuu.com.tw/photo/J/I/JIRO/5160/b_96263_4886850714.jpg')

● Album Title:
    Light of the Century (世紀之光) (SONY BMG)
    ● Artiste:
    L'Arc-en-Ciel (彩虹樂團)

● Why I Like This Album:
    (Introducing two albums at once)---These two albums includes the best singles of L'Arc-en-Ciel throughout the years, the theme mainly is about the end of the century, and you possess an ark like Noah's, you can ride along with buddies on this wooden ark to another "light of the century"! The songs from these two albums were performed by Dong Cheng Wei in the past, it's also filled with many unforgetable memories of Dong Cheng Wei, so to me it's really important, and that's why I recommend to you all!!!

The Music I Love Jiro's CD Collection(4)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fuu.com.tw/photo/J/I/JIRO/5160/b_97151_7374187707.jpg')

● Album Title:
    Guitarist (吉他手) (Rock Records Co. Ltd)
    ● Artiste:
    Chen Qi Zhen (陳綺貞)

● Why I Like This Album:
    Her music style is composed of her pure, soft voice with simple chords of a guitar, it makes people feel like they want to be in love, even though it may not be infatuated love, it still transmits the simple happinesss that everyone can possess. Even if you're riding on a motorcycle alone on the street, going against the wind will feel like being in a love, is it because I am listening to "Lying Down in Your Closet"?! (Laughs)

Credits: aiwa @ fahrenheit-globa1

Woohoo, congrats, swimfishy. What did you graduate from? High school or college? And what's next for you?

Nifty, Jiro and i have one album in common. Linkin Park's Meteora album. I had no idea he was an LP fan. Hehe. I wonder if he's attended any of their concerts 'cause i still have yet to do so. I wonder if that album would motivate me to live on if i were to ever be stranded on a deserted island. Hehe. And cool beans, i didn't know that Jiro's Dong Cheng Wei band covered some of L'Arc-en-Ciel's stuff. Maybe i'll check out his two favorite albums by them.

And by the way, how did Rolling Love fare this past weekend in terms of ratings? Have they gone up?
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

beanybeans, you're an LP fan, too? Same here
    Jiro has attended LP concert in Taipei last Feb. He mentioned it in his blog =P
    Um, Rolling Love is not doing well. In fact, the ratings went even lower to 1.17. It's pretty upsetting
    Btw, there is a rumor about him going to film a new series with Rainie Yang. It has not been confirmed yet, so it's most likely just a rumor. But as much as I'd like to see him in a new drama, I don't think they match ><

Watch: Jiro, Danson, Genie, and Xiao Xun on YLBFB with Show Luo and Xiao Gui (again!)

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    beanybeans, you're an LP fan, too? Same here
    Jiro has attended LP concert in Taipei last Feb. He mentioned it in his blog =P
    Um, Rolling Love is not doing well. In fact, the ratings went even lower to 1.17. It's pretty upsetting
    Btw, there is a rumor about him going to film a new series with Rainie Yang. It has not been confirmed yet, so it's most likely just a rumor. But as much as I'd like to see him in a new drama, I don't think they match ><
    Oh yeah, i've been an LP fan for a long while now. I remember catching LP's One Step Closer MV on tv way back when and thinking how cute Chester was in that MV> Hehe. I was a bigger LP fan back in the day but not so much any more. Though i still buy their music. And man, Jiro's already caught them in concert. Nifty. LP basically comes every year here for their Projekt Revolution tour and i still have yet to attend one.

Aww, that's too bad about Rolling Love. I remember being excited to watch it when i first heard about it but i'm not so sure any more. I think i'm more interested in Chun's upcoming Hot Shot series instead. But i think i'll end up watching Rolling Love anyway. I gotta wait for subs anyway.

A new series with Rainie huh? I can't see them together either. Hehe. Then again, i'm not sure who i can see Jiro with.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Hello there!
    I love Jiro Wang!
    I think the drama that made me fell in love with him was Hana Kimi, he was so adorable in it.
    Anyhow, I'm always charmed by his funny personality but I hope he gets enough rest since he's been working hard lately.

I love the newest pics of him...he looks so hansome as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairily_Spark View Post
    Hello there!
    I love Jiro Wang!
    I think the drama that made me fell in love with him was Hana Kimi, he was so adorable in it.
    Anyhow, I'm always charmed by his funny personality but I hope he gets enough rest since he's been working hard lately.

I love the newest pics of him...he looks so hansome as always.
    Hi Fairily_Spark. Jiro's still my favorite FLH member and he totally got my attention in ISWAK. That's how i found out about him and Fahrenheit. I saw him in Hana Kimi too and yeah, he was really cute in that series. I agree. Jiro looks really cute. I like his hair more nowadays than before. The style is quite fitting for him.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Da Dong recorded a short clip on Fahrenciti Video section on 15 May 2008, as the official website's pictures and video words cannot be posted else where, this is what was said exactly by Jiro:

"I am Fahrenheit's Jiro Wang, I know that few days back in Si Chuan, a very serious earthquake took place, there are many injureds and deaths, there's even many people who lost contact currently. Da Dong wish that, through this video clip, I can call out to all the friends from all over the world, hoping those with money can fork out money, those who can help out can help out physically, we all altogether come and help them, pray for them, hope that they can pass this ordeal quickly."

Translated by Tiffany @ fahrenheit-globa1

Jiro's new blog entry 5/16/08
    Translated by Jilly @ spcnet

Let's help Sichuanese rebuild their homes together

Looking at recent serious disaster
    Feel really sad and heartbroken
    Keep praying, hoping there will be more miracles
    Can save more survivors
    Also pray that this whole tribulation can end soon...

Da Dong is actually not very good at expressing myself
    But I still hope that all fellow countrymen or friends all over the world
    Everyone can come together
    Those who have money can donate money
    Those who can lend a hand, come and help
    Never be stingy with your own's sincerity
    Let us accompany them go through this crisis
    Do our best for them
    Let the victims receive help and support
    Sincerely pray to God to look after those in need
    Sincerely pray for them

Thanks, Jilly Jie! Yup, I’m moving to Cali very soon. Just finishing packing up and moving out over the past few days.

Woo, Jiro’s fave albums look so cool. I don’t think I’ve listened to any of them, but I like his descriptions of them, especially the first and the last – so sweet. I hope Jiro can experience a somewhat pure and innocent relationship that’s long-lasting sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Yeah, the rumor on baidu is that Jiro and Rainie will be in a drama together after Bad Campus Belle (Rainie’s currently filming drama). Jiro is supposed to play a Prince Charming character, and Rainie is supposed to be a girl who doesn’t like to do things and just stays indoors all of the time. I think the Jiro and Rainie pairing seems a bit weird, but who knows, maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised =) Haha, I know who I could see Jiro with! (Lol, I’m being silly).

Thanks for the news from Jiro… I really like how a lot of the celebs are asking fans to please donate and/or help out by praying or giving their time to help the people in Sichuan. Jiro’s blog entry is very sincere… it made me a little teary-eyed. It’s hard to believe/understand the scope of the disaster and how it can get even worse if epidemics start. Hope people’s money goes to the right places and right uses to help out.

Beanybeans, I graduated from grad school (pharmacy)! Woohoo!

Yeah, Rolling Love is dropping quite low. I’m pretty unhappy about it, because honestly, it deserves better ratings than that. Aish, subs for DCF will take forever, methinks. I forget who’s subbing it, but at least they do good subs (just takes awhile).

Hi Fairily Spark! I loved Jiro in HK, too – he was so cute and funny =)

beanybeans
    Jiro is my fav member of FLH as well.
    I noticed him in ISWAK but really started to like him in Hana Kimi.
    His hair style nowadays is much better than before but I loved the hair he had in HK.

Swimfishy
    Hello there!
    Jiro was my fav character in HK, he made me laugh so many times.
    I also love him in ISWAK and TKA.
    DCF seems good but the ratings are a bit disappointing...

Oh My Gosh. That was fast. Look, the "rumor" is true!

Jiro, Rainie, George's new drama- Shooting in June, Friday May 16 2008, Taiwan

Source by 新浪娱乐讯 [Xin Lang Entertainment]
    Posted by Piggyval@asianfanatics
    Translated by Kitsie@asianfanatics
    Credit if taken out of AF

The newest wave in the entertainment, Jiro Wang, George Hu, and "Mistress of Cute" Rainie Yang, work together for he first time in a Bada project, "Love Will Always Be Together" (Unconfirmed Name). Before filming, the three of them have yet to officially meet, but they already are expecting to hit it off the moment they do. Da Dong has called himself "Master of Cute", and even George Hu has acknowledge himself to be "Smiling Killer", both are expectant to exchange opinions with their female lead about ways to act cute.

The tentative date is around June, to start filming "Love Will Always be Together", Jiro Wang's character is described to be top notch idol singer and idol drama star. But because of a whole string of bad news coming one after the other, his momentum is starting to decrease, becoming an idol with a declining reputation. When he starts to have cash sprout problems, he has no choice but to rent a room outside, and thus, is introduced to his 'Landlady', played by Rainie Yang, as well as the female lead's childhood friend, George Hu.

Speaking of characters, when Jiro Wang was asked on his opinion of an idol's image, he said, "The commissioning of one's mood is important. No matter what happens, be serious in your job." He himself has had the thought that if he did not enter the entertainment industry, he would become a hairstylist, or a fashion designer.

Rainie Yang is collaborating with Jiro Wang for the first time, Rainie will have to portray the character of a 'miyake woman' type of lady. One who does not like to dress up nor act pretty, and who doesn't really have friends. In real life, Rainie does have the slightest bit of 'miyake' taste. When she doesn't have work, she'll stay at home and not go out, the highest record being three days. Even if friends invite her out in the evening, no matter how long they take to persuade her, she would much rather prefer to stay at home lazing around, wilding her time away, and get proper rest.

Acting the female actress's childhood friend, George Hu, will have a breakthrough in his acting career. He will be acting an "Ah Gan" innocence, his intelligence will be equivalent to one of an 8 year old, yet he is a swimming champion. Lately, he has been training his swimming, and even went to the gym for sauna, letting his body become tan, and looking more like a swimming champion.

But George Hu, who has a bright personality, is also a guy who prefers to stay at home. In America, when he was in his teen years, he preferred to stay at home reading his comics, or playing his games, to the point that he didn't step out of his house for one month! "I played my games, stop halfway to run out to the nearest game center to get a memory card, and then run back to my room to continue playing". After coming to Taiwan, he still spent most of his time at home, practicing his calligraphy, or he would spend his time in the gym.

But Jiro Wang is not the slightest bit like his other two co-stars. Last time, he always followed his family to go and offer prayers, and he always loved to go out on his bike, and see the natural surroundings. "I can't stay at home for more then one day without going out. Even if it is going out to buy something or to take a walk, would do." But when he is at home, Jiro would watch DVD's, or sing. If he has met someone he loved, but she is the type who prefers staying at home, after giving it some thought, Jiro stated that he would give up.

"I can't help it! I love going out!" But yet, around him, he has many friends who would rather stay at home.

Awww, Jiro is so cute! Hehe, it's cool that he loves being outdoors and doesn't want to be cooped up inside. The boy has energy galore... which is even more obvious in that he's doing *another* drama already (it starts filming in June!). While I'm excited about a new Jiro drama, I really hope he doesn't wear himself out or get really sick. He's been really pushing himself :-\ (I'm surprised Rainie's filming already again, too - I don't think "Bad Campus Belle," her current drama, is even done filming yet!)