Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jiro Wang

Look what we have here... the brainy swim mei! Haha.
    Congrats again and good luck on your moving

Yeah, I love the way he describes his fav albums. He's quite a sensitive and emotional person, isn't he? Just like how he expressed his feelings toward the earthquake disaster. I made me a bit teary eyed, too. I'm not very good with words either, but I pray that those people can get the help and support they need soon... Gah, this is depressing

Oh, so that's the storyline of the rumored drama? Sounds very cutesy and like a typical Rainie's drama. Hmm, I don't know about this. It doesn't seem like a stretch for Jiro's acting.

Hi there, Fairily Spark. When you and swim talked about Jiro in HK, I thought you guys meant HK as in Hong Kong, lol. I was like, what are they talking about fav character in Hong Kong? Haha... then I realized it's Hana Kimi! So embarassing =P

EDIT: Just saw your new post, swim mei. Thanks for the article! It actually doesn't sound as bad as I thought. I guess I just have to get used to the Jiro-Rainie pairings, hehe. I'm pretty surprised that Jiro is such an energetic person. I know he always looks hyper and stuff, but for some reasons, I thought he's the kind of person who likes to stay at home, haha. And what's that about him giving up the girl if she prefer to stay at home? That's SO not like him, lol.
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-16-08 at 12:52 PM.

as happy as i am to see more jiro dramas, rainie is... well, leave it to say that she;s not on my top-5 list X[
    thanks for the article, swim! awww, jiro is so cute. i can just see him locked up with his manager in a hotel during filming, running around the room saying "let's go out for some fresh air and exercise!!!!" heehee

swimfishy, congrats, congrats! That's really nifty. I'm actually in the same profession as you then. What a small world. Hehe. I've been done for a couple of years now (man, how fast time flies!) but i still miss going to school. Well, not the work but more like the scheduled breaks. Right now i work in a place that's open 24/7 so it can get kinda hectic. So if you don't mind me asking, where are you moving from? Is it going to be a far move for you? And i guess you'll be practicing in California and staying there for a while then? And now that i think about it, based on your responses over at the Ariel Lin forum, i always thought you were doing nursing.

Awww, that is really nice of Jiro to be supporting all of those that went through that natural disaster. It seems there's always one after the next. Did Jiro by any chance mention if he's gonna actively volunteer with this? Just wondering.

Rainie is the "mistress of cute"? Interesting. And LOL at Jiro. "Master of cute." He sure is. I still can't imagine the two of them together but who knows maybe this drama will show me otherwise.

And Jilly, i thought the same thing at first when i read HK. I totally thought of Hong Kong but when i read on, i realized that was the abbreviation used for Hana Kimi. Hehe. And yeah, what is up with that giving up the girl thing if she's more of a stay-at-home type? If you love her, you love her even if she's got some "faults." Hehe. I don't see Jiro just dropping the girl either.
    Last edited by beanybeans; 05-16-08 at 10:47 PM.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

i dunno, beanybeans, if going out is so important for jiro, then why not? i mean... if someone hated sports, they probablly couldn't marry a sports fanatic right? because their personalities would clash. same thing here. i think. i don't think it's so much "having faults" as it is "having an opposing life philosophy", you know?

Quote Originally Posted by soratorashi View Post
    i dunno, beanybeans, if going out is so important for jiro, then why not? i mean... if someone hated sports, they probablly couldn't marry a sports fanatic right? because their personalities would clash. same thing here. i think. i don't think it's so much "having faults" as it is "having an opposing life philosophy", you know?
    Yeah, but i figure there's a reason why a person would even love another person and it's usually for who they are. But i guess if the mere act of loving them just isn't enough and the clashing gets to the point where it gets in the way, then i guess so be it. I guess i figure things can be worked out if you love each other enough.
    I <3 MatsuJun

hmm.... true, true. especially someone as loving as jiro...... hmmm hmmm.....

May 21.08 Jiro Wang holding girlfriend's hand, thinks of father's last words

Source: Chinatimes
    Credit: catalie @asianfanatics

Jiro Wang and Genie Zhuo went on SuperTV's "Super Lucky" [Ming Yun Hao Hao Wan] together to promote "Rolling Love", Jiro no longer made jokes, revealing his sensitive side, recalling what his father's last words were before he passed away, making all the guests moved.
    Jiro's father was in hospital sick during Jiro's third year of senior high, before he passed away, he called Jiro to his bedside and said, "Come, hold my hand." At first Jiro didn't understand his father, he then said, "I hope that in the future when you hold your girlfriend's hand, it will be like how father holds your mother's hand, loving each other for life." Not longer after he said these words, he passed away.
    Jiro's eyes turned red, slightly choking with sobs he said, "I have always had these words in my mind, in the past when I was dating, everytime I held my girlfriend's hand, I will think of what my Father said to me." Beside him, Genie was touched when she heard, silently wiping her tears with a tissue. Jiro said, "Because my father passed away, I am much closer to my mother, everyday I will chat with her on the phone, my biggest hope is that I can have a holiday and take my mother to island of Phuket."

========================

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Awww, that is really nice of Jiro to be supporting all of those that went through that natural disaster. It seems there's always one after the next. Did Jiro by any chance mention if he's gonna actively volunteer with this? Just wondering.
    Jiro attended the "Send Out Your Love" Sichuan earthquake relief Phone-A-Ton with a bunch of other celebrities. According to this source, he also donated 50,000 yuan out of his own pocket.

Jiro and Calvin (credit as marked)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/48daf421.jpg')

Watch:

Jiro's message for earthquake victims

Stay With You MV (Full Version)

Rolling Love Cast on 100% Entertainment
    Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-22-08 at 01:18 PM.

May 14. 08 Jiro with limited scenes, main role becoming supporting role, fans complaining over the Internet and requested re-film.

Source: Chinatimes
    Translated by flamox @fahrenheit-globa1

Jiro had too few scenes during the first 2 episodes of ‘Rolling Out Love’, which was aired on both CTV and GTV, and this resulted in the protective fans of Jiro being very unsatisfied with Jiro becoming a supporting role rather than a lead role. They complained on the Internet and requested the TV station to edit the scenes, and Jiro having high hopes for his latest challenge for starring in ‘Rolling Out Love’, has suffered from insomnia due to unsatisfactory viewing ratings.

Special Coverage Decreased, Jiro’s Fans were angry

Fans of Jiro expressed themselves on CTV and GTV websites that Ah Ken [Cai Shan Cheng], who had a supporting role in the drama, had more scenes than the lead role of Jiro. Jiro’s fans said that, “Jiro didn’t have much scenes, special coverage was pitiful, came out only for a short while and then disappeared, and you call this a main role?” Ah Ken [Cai Shan Cheng] had many funny scenes with Jiro in the drama.

Episode 3. Storyline becoming more compact

The fans felt that it was unfair for Jiro and GTV emphasized that Jiro will have more and more scenes, and as for the fans, please be more patient and watch. Due to request from viewers, the duration for Episode 3 has been reduced from 120 mins to 90mins to allow the storyline to be more compact, bringing out the love-triangle relationship between Jiro, Danson and Genie. Jiro wants his fans to stop being agitated as he did not feel that his scenes were little.

Grabbing viewer ratings.

It was not easy being a male lead for an idol drama, it is not just being in love, one had to be skillful as well. Jiro and Danson had a fighting scene in the drama, Jiro sent out a punch and it was so realistic that his watch flew from his wrist. Danson who previously starred in “Honey Grass”, had to jump down from a cliff that is almost 3 storeys high. At that point in time, the water near the cliff was close to 20 degrees and he was freezing. He was previously rumoured to be with Jolin and when he came ashore, he kept screaming Jolin’s name, and was put down on the spot.

May.16.08 Genie plays as a blind girl, yet watches movie and walk around all day...gets bombarded

Source: UDN
    Translated by Tifanny @fahrenheit-globa1

CTV and GTV’s idol drama “Rolling Love” talks about a blind girl Genie Zhuo and Jio Wang, Danson Tang’s triangle love dispute, recently there are sharp audience commenting, last week ‘Rolling Love” series aired showed Genie looking at watch, and also in the preview, Jiro bought television for Genie to watch, the feeling don’t seems logical. In fact, it was rumoured that during the filming of “Rolling Love”, the actors also found it amazing that Genie this blind girl being able to walk round all day, being able to take the taxi herself to the restaurant beside the sea to look for Jiro.

After “Rolling Love” was aired, the ratings were not as good as predicted, on the internet, other than having two groups of Jiro and Danson fans dispute, there are also many people discussing seriously about the plot and actors’ performance, attempting to find out the reason behind this poor ratings. The online users question the design of the plot, it did not regard Genie as a blind girl at all, because when Jiro dated with her, not only brought her to speed on motorbike, and also brought her to watch movies.

Yesterday, when Genie was asked regarding this matter, she expressed, “Perhaps the scriptwriter hopes ti make this character blind physically but not in the heart.” In fact, when she was filming, she also self-ridiculed, felt that she is so busy, first have to go round visiting, then she have to leave the house, and also buy flowers and fruits, but she felt that a image of a blind girl should not be fixed, “Because this show is originally not planned to film like a teary soap opera, it’s a light-hearted comedy, a blind girl can also be lively and independent.”

While Jiro expressed, previously when promoting for “Rolling Love” drama, he once squeeze cow milk with visually impared children. He felt deeply that, the best method to be with the children is to treat them like normal people, don’t let them feel that they are very saddening. He had a lot of pressure acting in “Rolling Love”, when the ratings came out, his manager encouraged him “Work hard and there won’t be any problem.” Next he will be working with Rainie Yang, film a new drama called, “Be Together since there’s Love” acting as an idol who is losing popularity.

Facing the comments about plot being not logical, GTV emphasize that “Rolling Love” hopes to let the audience see blind girl Genie’s inner world, and not focus on only her blind eyes, and do not wish the visually impaired friends as weakling, other than that, at the plot of Genie recovering her eyesight, they have also designed a peak, wanting to touched the audience.

thanks, jilly

ahh, i'm glad he's helping out so much. oh, poor jiro *tears up* that;s so sad about his dad.

hmmm.... i wanted to watch rolling love, but my comp died on me so i'm watching it tonight, i was really looking forward to it, but now i'm worried!
    i don't hink people should worry, though, because jiro is the kind of actor who can make his stage presence known in only a few scenes, because he is great!!!!! XD

...lol. that sounded so stupid. sorry. lol

sora, that's okay, you're just speaking your mind
    Yeah, that story about his dad is very touching *sniff sniff*

To promote Rolling Love, Fuu held this competition where participants had to create their own "Happiness Lunchbox." They've announced the lucky winners on 5/21, and the main prize is an autographed drawing by DCF Cast!

Jiro's drawing
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/Jiro.jpg')

Danson's drawing
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/Danson-1.jpg')

Genie's drawing
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Rolling%20Love/Genie.jpg')

Credit: Fuu Rolling Love

Jiro's new blog entry 5/26
    Translated by Jilly @spcnet

Walking on the land of Hong Kong

Walking on the land of Hong Kong
    The beach, the street, looking at the weekend crowd
    I wore sunglasses, hiding under my cap
    Just like the time at Guam, strolling freely
    Really love the beach, love the sunshine even more, coming to Hong Kong
    This is a short break, the rainbow that brushed past me last time
    Now I won't regret it anymore, I've decided to love you all for another ten thousand years ~~~~~~~~!!!

Cantonese, when speaking it fast, often miss out a couple of words, speaking it slowly, I can actually understand quite a bit
    Especially last names, keep repeating it, it can improve my memory even more
    I found out that keep speaking it, keep reapeating it is the most effective

This time's vacation, there's laughter, there's tears, I hope laughter can last forever
    Tears....
    Sometimes it will still come uninvitingly, looking at the sunset at Repulse Bay (Qian Shui Wan), I recollect many things.... also remember my... father

Father Wang is Cantonese, he always traveled on his bike
    I also love to ride a bike, ride a scooter, I just love riding anyway
    Till now, bought a car, don't want to show it off, just wish that I can finally have the ability to shelter Mother Wang from the wind and rain and take care of everything
    Being able to drive her around and let her feel comfortable

My first night in Hong Kong, I dreamt of my dad, was it because I was very close to his homeland?
    This dream was very blissful because on the passenger seat was him, my father
    I was driving with him, holding his hand, telling him... dad... I've grown up, I've really grown up, did you see it? These past few years I've been working hard to survive
    Keep working hard, did you see it? Let me drive you around..........

It's a dream, haven't dreamt of you for a long time, I woke up in tears
    I..... really miss him... haven't seen him for a very long time
    If it's possible, I hope I can drive him around and not let him ride his bike anymore
    I wish, I really wish
    Just like in the dream, holding his hand, also holding mom's hand and not letting go, keep protecting them forever

Hong Kong, everyone speaks Cantonese, coming to Hong Kong reminds me of when I was young
    Dad and uncle, everyone kept speaking Cantonese when eating together
    Char Siu (roast pork) is my dad's and uncle's favorite dish, of course I'm no exception
    The tea restaurant (cha chaan teng), the authentic Hong Kong-style dim sum, these are all my dad's favorite food
    I quietly recollected on this beach, sorted out my thoughts and feelings

On this Hong Kong trip, also visited two sick children
    They were so adorable, we exchanged graffiti T-shirts
    We chatted happily about many things
    Looking at the card they gave me, Da Dong was very touched

The card said: (Brother Da Dong, very happy to meet you, also very happy that your shows have accompanied me to endure every single treatment of my serious illness
    Everytime I'm in pain, remembering Brother Da Dong will make me feel very happy, and I won't feel so painful anymore..... thank you, Brother Da Dong..)

Da Dong is very touched, really very touched
    It doesn't matter if Brother Da Dong is stupid or smart, right or wrong, with the driving force from support and acknowledgement
    It really is the motivation to keep me going
    Support and acknowledgement
    Please let's keep going together

This vacation, there are lots of mixed feelings
    Here, I also want to thank all the fans for your concern toward Sichuan
    Da Dong have seen your donation receipts
    Very touched, Da Dong and everyone, let's continue to pray for the Sichuanese
    I want to once again call out to everyone, donate if you have money, help if you can

Sichuan! Jian You! Jia You! All of you must jia you!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/rubycrazhzgg/DongCheng/1579542199.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/rubycrazhzgg/DongCheng/1579542202.jpg')
    Last edited by Jilly; 05-28-08 at 07:11 PM.

yay, jiro, Please let's keep going together!!

lol, i don't know about everybody else, but this restaurant near school is doing a thing where every time you buy a combo, they'll donate $1 to the earthquake relief fund, and the main company will match it up to $800,000.

.....i've been eating there every day. with all my friends. sometimes more than once a day! lol. i'm getting kind of sick of the food there, even tho i love it =3=. i don't know. i've given money too, but it's like... nothing you do can ever be enough, you know? so depressing. i wish i could afford to fly out to china and actually.... DO something. i hate sitting on my hands like this.

Jilly Jie, thanks for all of the news! It's great to see Jiro and other artists helping so much much. (Jiro's cute in his glasses). It was good of Jiro to make that personal donation out of pocket, even though he's still earning off his family's debts. I love the artistes fund raising campaign shirts, too. Jiro's latest blog entry was really touching; it made me cry. I didn't realize that's Jiro's dad was Cantonese - I guess the HK trip must have brought back a lot of memories of his dad. (By the way, did I mention I was in Cali?)

sora, I wish there was more we could do; it's terrible, but I guess we can just help out in whatever way we can. I just read an article that a lot of celebs and people want to go to Sichuan to help, but that too many people coming in might actually cause problems, 'cause it'll be too much strain in an already horrible situation. I guess they need trained emergency workers and supplies and stuff. It's good to know that so many people are helping and praying, though.

beanybeans, ah! You're a pharmacist too then, eh? Very cool I moved from Nebraska, and I flew over, so I had to get rid of a lot of stuff Heh, I think I'm going to be working in a 24-hour pharmacy, too :P (Bleh, hate the drive thru!! Evil evil invention... grr.)

but i am trained! Q3Q that's why it's bothering me.

and oh! nebraska!?!?! what part??? my family is from the ord-ish area!

May 30.08. GTV's new drama has started filming, Rainie Yang and Da S shine

Reporter Wang Dan He, reporting from Taipei

GTV will be having a series of idol dramas in the lower half of the year. There will be "Zai Pei Da Ming Xing", played by Jiro Wang, Rainie Yang and George Hu. Then there will be the reel couple from Pi Li MIT, Aaron Yan and Gui Gui, acting in "Tao Hua Ai Wu Di(tentative title)". There will also be a new pairing of Da S and Joe Cheng in "Wo De Yi Wan Mian Bao(tentative title)". All these new dramas will begin filming around June, and they have already attracted the media overseas, and are ready to take the media by storm. The drama that was first announced was "Zai Pei Da Ming Xing". Though the title has yet to be confirmed, Jiro Wang, Rainie Yang and George Hu have already started rehearsing for the scenes. Filming is to start in June. Because of the surprisingly compatible pair Aaron Yan and Gui Gui in the detective idol drama Pi Li MIT, both them will be coming together again to act in "Tao Hua Ai Wu Di". As these two have already acted together, there will be an addition of Bang Bang Tang's Ah Ben.

Credit: cyberdanceangel @onlyfahrenheit (and oforu15 @fahrenheit-globa1 for posting)

============

Thanks for your posts, sora and swim mei (welcome to Cali!)
    This thread is so quiet.... I think I'll take a break from this thread

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Sig.jpg')
    credit: pink8915 @yam

Sora, I went to school in Omaha =)

Jilly Jie, thanks for the news article! Hmm, lots of interesting pairings. I’m glad Jiro will get another lead. I saw the first eppy of DCF, and I thought he was cute, and I thought it was pretty interesting (once I got into it, partway through the episode). Jiro, Rainie and George seem like they’ll make an interesting love triangle. Wow, though, if all of the series are going to start filming in June, when will they all air?
    Thanks for the welcome! Aww, I haven’t heard much Jiro news lately, else I’d share. (Lol, I will not tie a parallel to someone else who hasn’t had a lot of news lately either… I will NOT Oops, I think I just did. I need to stop that).

Aww, Jiro’s expression is so cute, and I love his bloc characters and drawing (even though I have no idea what the message says).

Swim mei, nice, you finally got a chance to watch Rolling Love. Yeah, the first couple eps are okay, but it'll get more interesting as the story progressed. Hmm, I'm still not used to the idea of RoNie (Jiro-Rainie... I just made it up lol) pairings, but who knows they'd surprised us with their dynamic performance

The message says: "To Ming Bao (HK newspaper?), let's Fan Gun Ba!! Dan Cao Fan!! with Da Dong (meaning support Rolling Love). Thank you Ming Bao!" Heh, yeah, Jiro is very artistic^^

Here are some older pictures of him and his drawings
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9816/en13002wy4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3435/en13004am6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1719/en13005tf0.jpg')
    Credit to fahrenheit-globa1 and as marked

Oh gosh, i know i'm not helping by not contributing or responding here. It's rough trying to multi-task all of this other stuff. But anyway, i just wanted to say that whoa, Jiro's a really great artist. I'm very impressed! How long has he been drawing? And thanks, Jilly, for posting all of this stuff relating to Jiro.
    I <3 MatsuJun

wow... his drawsings are nice. I never knew

Btw, any series you guys recommend from him? I saw Hana Kimi, and i do favor him over Wu Zun.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07