Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jiro Wang

This came a little too late, but I'll still post it anyway.
    It's a translation from Jiro's last blog 3/14/08.

Translated by Jilly

The future is worth anticipating

Today is White Valentine's Day, I want to wish everyone a Happy White Valentine's Day

An unexpected rainy day enables me to take one day break
    It's really hard to come by
    It's been a long time since I can sleep and wake up naturally
    But that also means wrapping up "Rolling Love" has to be delayed one more day ~~~Argh!

At least it allows my tense body, skin, emotion, spirit, and digestive systems to relax after these periods of time
    Rest for a day, take a good rest

Resting is to walk a long road ahead, so rest well

Being at home really is a great thing for me
    Accompanying mom, relaxing, sleeping, reading books, surfing the web, watching DVD

This is life, a way to recharge life, so take this opportunity to rest because there are still many challenges await me in the future

The future is worth anticipating ~~~~~ !

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro3-14.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro23-14.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro33-14.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    This came a little too late, but I'll still post it anyway.
    It's a translation from Jiro's last blog 3/14/08.

Translated by Jilly

The future is worth anticipating

Today is White Valentine's Day, I want to wish everyone a Happy White Valentine's Day

An unexpected rainy day enables me to take one day break
    It's really hard to come by
    It's been a long time since I can sleep and wake up naturally
    But that also means wrapping up "Rolling Love" has to be delayed one more day ~~~Argh!

At least it allows my tense body, skin, emotion, spirit, and digestive systems to relax after these periods of time
    Rest for a day, take a good rest

Resting is to walk a long road ahead, so rest well

Being at home really is a great thing for me
    Accompanying mom, relaxing, sleeping, reading books, surfing the web, watching DVD

This is life, a way to recharge life, so take this opportunity to rest because there are still many challenges await me in the future

The future is worth anticipating ~~~~~ !
    Hehe, Jiro's blog post sounded a bit like poetry after reading it. Oh man, and i guess Jiro was really having a rough time with filming Rolling Love if he was feeling "argh" about the completion being delayed by a day. It's just a day. But i guess those were rather rough days for him. I wonder if Danson felt the same way as Jiro. Well, hope he got enough rest on the one day. Usually i find those to be a tease 'cause they just fly by way too quickly. Next thing you know you're back at work again. Ugh.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro23-14.jpg')
    This pic really cracks me up. It has to be the combo of Jiro's goofy face and the fact that he's making that expression near a bunch of cacti. LOL.
    Last edited by beanybeans; 03-24-08 at 10:06 PM.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Hehe, Jiro's blog post sounded a bit like poetry after reading it. Oh man, and i guess Jiro was really having a rough time with filming Rolling Love if he was feeling "argh" about the completion being delayed by a day. It's just a day. But i guess those were rather rough days for him. I wonder if Danson felt the same way as Jiro. Well, hope he got enough rest on the one day. Usually i find those to be a tease 'cause they just fly by way too quickly. Next thing you know you're back at work again. Ugh.
    Sometimes Jiro likes to write abstract things, almost poetical as you put it. He also often refers himself as a third person in his blog entries. But yeah, he must be pretty beat up from his hectic schedule.

This pic really cracks me up. It has to be the combo of Jiro's goofy face and the fact that he's making that expression near a bunch of cacti. LOL.
    This pic cracks me up too. Jiro acts like a little kid

Some fans can go too far in pursuing their idols. While filming Rolling Love, there is this one fan used Genie's name to send a text message to one of the production crews. This fan (under Genie's pretense) said that she just changed her phone number, and now she needs Jiro’s number because she wants to hang out with him so that they can develop a good relationship and hence becoming better filming partners. But she’s too embarrassed to ask for Jiro’s phone number in person, so she asked if the crew can share Jiro’s phone number with her. Duh! Good thing the crew confirmed with Genie first before giving out Jiro’s number. Crazy fan!
    Last edited by Jilly; 03-25-08 at 08:51 PM.

This pic cracks me up too. Jiro acts like a little kid

Some fans can go too far in pursuing their idols. While filming Rolling Love, there is this one fan used Genie's name to send a text message to one of the production crews. This fan (under Genie's pretense) said that she just changed her phone number, and now she needs Jiro’s number because she wants to hang out with him so that they can develop a good relationship and hence becoming better filming partners. But she’s too embarrassed to ask for Jiro’s phone number in person, so she asked if the crew can share Jiro’s phone number with her. Duh! Good thing the crew confirmed with Genie first before giving out Jiro’s number. Crazy fan!
    Yeah, Jiro tends to do that quite a bit with blowing his cheeks out like that. Hehe.

And whoa with the fans there. That's pretty darn crazy and not to mention scary. If only some people would realize that doing far out stuff like that would only cause them to look like a crazy obsessed fan. And not in a good way of course. Man, how did that fan get one of the crew person's number any way in order to text that message? Scary.
    I <3 MatsuJun

And whoa with the fans there. That's pretty darn crazy and not to mention scary. If only some people would realize that doing far out stuff like that would only cause them to look like a crazy obsessed fan. And not in a good way of course. Man, how did that fan get one of the crew person's number any way in order to text that message? Scary.
    Crazy -and scary- obsessed fan indeed. And here I thought I'm crazy enough to be replying all Jiro related threads in this forum. I guess I'm only a casual fan haha. Btw, thanks for replying my posts, beanybeans! I wish more people would have participated... and perhaps contribute more news/updates since I'm not that dedicated of a fan

Jiro's new blog entry 3/26
    Translated by Jilly

Been So Busy Lately

Finally finished filming Rolling Love

I'm happy because I've grown up
    I've really learned a lot from filming this series

I think I've also become more mature, imaginative, and thoughtful!
    It's good that I've grown up, but that also takes a lot of energy and stamina

Da Dong put all my heart into this series, how can you guys not support me?
    Please, gotta support, ok ~~!!

Of course it's not like I can be a couch potato after filming ended
    Have to pack my luggage again to Hainan Island for work
    Together with our seniors S.H.E
    Our seniors are outstanding, very focus and professional, and a great role model too

The weather is very sunny here; the air is refreshing
    Ha! I actually feel like I'm on vacation
    I even feel like going to the beach, strolling and tanning till i became little blackie

Hmm, off course I also saw a lot of fans and friends who came all the way down from Hong Kong to San Ya

And also Tian Ya Dong Lou* and We Dong Zhu Yi* (*Jiro fan club)
    Yeah, we met again everyone
    You've all worked very hard accompanying us in the hot sun

It's okay for Da Dong to be a little blackie
    But you all don't stay out in the sun till you get heat strokes
    And those who don't feel well have to take extra care of yourself

I hope everyone is happy ~~~!! Yeah, we will meet again soon ~~~!!

Of course what I anticipate the most is recording Rolling Love theme song with Fahrenheit today
    It's really catchy
    Hope everyone is looking forward to it ~~~!

Rolling Love!! And Fahrenheit's new single, wow ~~~!! So cool ~~~!!
    Last edited by Jilly; 03-26-08 at 07:50 PM.

Crazy -and scary- obsessed fan indeed. And here I thought I'm crazy enough to be replying all Jiro related threads in this forum. I guess I'm only a casual fan haha. Btw, thanks for replying my posts, beanybeans! I wish more people would have participated... and perhaps contribute more news/updates since I'm not that dedicated of a fan
    Haha, sure thing. Actually it did take me a really long while before i actually started posting in here. You had mentioned this Jiro thread you had created over in the FLH thread but i just never posted. It's pretty hard for me sometimes 'cause i have so many things i have to check on the net each day. All of these different fandoms can be so mind-boggling.

And thanks for translating Jiro's blog entries. If i knew how to read and write in Chinese, then maybe i can help out with those. Anyway, must be nice for you! And nah, you're far from being obsessed just because you post entries in Jiro's thread. You'd have to tell me that you're physically stalking him or something for me to think that you're a craze obsessed fan.

Oooh, a new FLH song to look forward to. I wonder if the theme song for Rolling Love is going to be catchy like Xin Wo. Haha, i like how Jiro's expressed how excited he is for the new single.

And oh, actually, is it pretty common for Chinese people to refer to themselves in the 3rd person? I know that when i speak Viet, i always refer to myself in the 3rd person. I'm not big on the pronoun for "I" in Viet. It's just weird and a bit impolite-sounding to me. So writing wise, i think i would also refer to myself in the 3rd person. Though people use "wo" a lot when they speak Mandarin so maybe speaking in the 3rd person isn't really common.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Haha, sure thing. Actually it did take me a really long while before i actually started posting in here. You had mentioned this Jiro thread you had created over in the FLH thread but i just never posted. It's pretty hard for me sometimes 'cause i have so many things i have to check on the net each day. All of these different fandoms can be so mind-boggling.
    I know what you mean. That’s why I try to stick with just a few of them haha.
    Wow, you have a good memory. I mentioned this Jiro thread in the FLH thread 3 months ago. Time flies so fast…

And thanks for translating Jiro's blog entries. If i knew how to read and write in Chinese, then maybe i can help out with those. Anyway, must be nice for you! And nah, you're far from being obsessed just because you post entries in Jiro's thread. You'd have to tell me that you're physically stalking him or something for me to think that you're a craze obsessed fan.
    NP. Translating Jiro’s blog entries is the only thing I can do here.
    My Chinese searching skill is pretty bad. I’d prefer reading the news in English XD

LOL, I’m not that obsessed, although I’ve been doing some posting spree on this thread, KO One thread, and The X-Family thread haha. And don’t worry, I’m not a stalker type

Oooh, a new FLH song to look forward to. I wonder if the theme song for Rolling Love is going to be catchy like Xin Wo. Haha, i like how Jiro's expressed how excited he is for the new single.
    I wonder when they'll release the single. Rolling Love is slated for May release. They should have relased the single before then, right? Maybe another month? *waiting in anticipation*

And oh, actually, is it pretty common for Chinese people to refer to themselves in the 3rd person? I know that when i speak Viet, i always refer to myself in the 3rd person. I'm not big on the pronoun for "I" in Viet. It's just weird and a bit impolite-sounding to me. So writing wise, i think i would also refer to myself in the 3rd person. Though people use "wo" a lot when they speak Mandarin so maybe speaking in the 3rd person isn't really common.
    I don’t think so… at least I’ve never met anyone who refers himself/herself in third person. Yup, we do say “wo” a lot… just like we say “I” a lot in English. It would be weird for me if I start referring myself in third person. But of course every culture is different

I know what you mean. That’s why I try to stick with just a few of them haha.
    Wow, you have a good memory. I mentioned this Jiro thread in the FLH thread 3 months ago. Time flies so fast…

NP. Translating Jiro’s blog entries is the only thing I can do here.
    My Chinese searching skill is pretty bad. I’d prefer reading the news in English XD

LOL, I’m not that obsessed, although I’ve been doing some posting spree on this thread, KO One thread, and The X-Family thread haha. And don’t worry, I’m not a stalker type

I wonder when they'll release the single. Rolling Love is slated for May release. They should have relased the single before then, right? Maybe another month? *waiting in anticipation*

I don’t think so… at least I’ve never met anyone who refers himself/herself in third person. Yup, we do say “wo” a lot… just like we say “I” a lot in English. It would be weird for me if I start referring myself in third person. But of course every culture is different
    Has it already been 3 months since you created this Jiro thread? Or at least since you mentioned about it in the FLH thread? Good grief, time does freaking fly by.

Nah, i really haven't come across anyone who's obsessed. Maybe people who are more on the defensive side when it comes to their idols but not really obsessed. And oh, i didn't know there was a thread for KO One and X-Family. Are they here at SPCNET.TV? Well, i won't visit them since i have yet to watch both. Of course, i have to rely on subs so i probably won't watch them until the subs are done. I don't like to be left hanging when watching a series 'cause i might end up losing interest and not even finish the thing.

May? Oh so maybe some time in April then? Nifty. Can't wait.

Thanks for the clarification on the 3rd person thing. BTW, what other Chinese dialects do you speak? I take it you can read and write fluently? Where do you live by the way? I live in the US and it'd be cool not to have to rely on subs to be able to watch these series. But it's hard to motivate myself to learn a new language. Oh well, at least there are awesome fansubbers out there.
    I <3 MatsuJun

And oh, i didn't know there was a thread for KO One and X-Family. Are they here at SPCNET.TV? Well, i won't visit them since i have yet to watch both. Of course, i have to rely on subs so i probably won't watch them until the subs are done. I don't like to be left hanging when watching a series 'cause i might end up losing interest and not even finish the thing.
    Yup, there is a thread for KO One and The X-Family here at spcnet. There has been a lively discussion in those threads lately. I don’t like to be left hanging either when watching a series. Fortunately, I don’t have to rely on subs. But I’d still prefer to wait till the whole series is out before start watching it lest I might lose interest.

Thanks for the clarification on the 3rd person thing. BTW, what other Chinese dialects do you speak? I take it you can read and write fluently? Where do you live by the way? I live in the US and it'd be cool not to have to rely on subs to be able to watch these series. But it's hard to motivate myself to learn a new language. Oh well, at least there are awesome fansubbers out there.
    I speak Mandarin fluently, but my writing and reading skills are only average. It's good enough for reading TV subtitles and some basic entertainment news, but not enough for extensive Internet searching skills XD For other Chinese dialects, I speak Hakka… barely lol. How about you? Oh, I live in the U.S., too

May? Oh so maybe some time in April then? Nifty. Can't wait.
    I don’t know when the single will be released, but Rolling Love will air on May 4th after TKA ended. So two Jiro's new TV series back to back ^^

Here's Rolling Love Trailer
    And watch Jiro showing off his knife skills

Jiro Shows 300 Picks, doesn's allow anyone to touch them.

Jiro who has been jamming since high school time, has a big collection is the guitar shrapnel (Pick). Till now he already has more than 300 pieces, but he doesn't use most of it

Jiro bought his 1st piece of Pick, when he was in his 3rd year of high school, learning to play musical instruments, the small small 1 piece cost 50 NTD: "Is very expensive."

But now to him, the significance of the Pick, is not just for practical reason, he has an entire collection of "ultraman" Pick, "bian se ku lu" (skelton that changes color) series Pick, each set cost a few thousand dollars (Taiwan dollars). His way of collecting and keeping/proctecting his Picks, is "putting it properly, wrapping it securely and hiding it well", not only does Jiro not let his friends use/play with those Picks, even viewing them from afar is not allowed.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/JirosPicks.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/JirosPicks2.jpg')

Credit to fahrenheit-globa1.actifforum.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm15/gsekali/Jiro/Jiro-3.jpg')

Jiro Wang (second to the left), Genie Zhou and Danson Tang helped blind children make cookies yesterday. The three jokes around while working.

Milking for the first time, Jiro Wang Dong Cheng (Da Dong) doesn’t care about his idol status, blurted out: “The feeling is very different.”

On the 2nd, Da Dong, along with Genie and Danson, for CTV and GTV’s idol drama Fan Gun Ba! Dan Chow Fan <翻滾吧! 蛋炒飯>, involved blind children in experiencing the joy of milking. The three in their work, experienced the paradise of acting as shepherds: at the time, they used a fake cow, and milked with a rubber nipple and cold water. At the beginning, the three experienced confusion and chaos, and could not hold back and said: “It’s so hard! Feels like squeezing a water pipe.”

Yesterday, Da Dong interacted with a bunch of blind children, admitted frankly that his mother keeps urging him to have kids, wants him to have a little Dong Dong for her to play with. He said: “I think I have achievement pressure.” Genie Zhou, who loves beauty, for a smaller face, took out 4 wisdom teeth in one breath the other day.

Credit to fahrenheit-globa1.actifforum.com

EDIT: Watch the clip
    Last edited by Jilly; 04-17-08 at 02:44 PM.

Hi Jilly Jie and beanybeans! Aww, Jiro

So cute that Jiro, Danson and Genie were helping the kids to bake cookies. Hee, and his mom's comment about him having a little Dong Dong for her to play with really cracked me up! LOL, a little Dong Dong?

Love his pick collection, too. It's beautiful. His blog entries are interesting... I like the kinda poetic ones, and he's so enthusiastic about whatever he's doing. I like that he puts his heart into his work and also that he's very careful about money - he doesn't throw it around. Hee, and I love hearing him speak Taiwanese, like when he and the rest of FRH were talking to his mom on his b-day; that was really sweet.

I'm from the U.S., too, but my Mandarin is possibly the level of a 2-year-old's

Yay, Swim Mei finally stopped by^^ Those are some nice words you said about Jiro XD
    Little Dong Dong, hihi... His mom is pretty old (She had him when she's around 40), so I understand her wish to have grandkids soon.

Yup, that's a really nice pick collection. Jiro is actually a rocker at heart. He mentioned in his blog that he grew up listening to Guns n' Roses, Metallica, and L'Arc en Ciel. He also went to Linkin Park concert in Taiwan recently. It's ironic that his popularity with Fahrenheit got him labeled a bubblegum teen idol.

The following short clips are some of his funny ads:
    Online game
    Veggie Juice
    Life Insurance
    Drink More Water

P.S. I apologize for my poor translation skills. My Mandarin isn't that hot either, but I did the best I could.
    Last edited by Jilly; 04-07-08 at 10:17 PM.

Jiro's new blog entry 4/10
    Translated by Jilly

Oh yeah, Undefeated Dong Cheng

Time seems to fly by a little too fast
    In a blink of an eye, I've experienced many things
    Fahrenheit has been together for over 3 years
    I have also filmed many idol drama
    Also released two albums and several original soundtracks
    Been to many countries and places
    Have really done so many things these past few years
    But looks like I also have lesser time and opportunity to talk to and hang out with my family and friends
    Lost a lot
    Lost time with mom, tidying up the house together, shopping together, accompanying her to buy grocery, eating her homemade breakfast, lunch, and dinner
    Lost time with friends, fooling around, sharing every drip of life together, doing push-up together
    The old me is a good listener, willing to be my friends' trash can
    Whenever my friends need me, I'll always be there
    Reciprocally, everyone is also my trash can
    Really miss the times when I went to Ximending* with my good friends (*Ximending is a popular night market in Taipei)
    There are gains and losses in this occupation, but I hope my gains will be much more than my losses in the future
    I need to understand how to treasure and cherish it even more
    Life should be carried out within projection, right?

It looks like I need to rigorously execute it ~~~~~~~ rigorously execute it ~~~~~

Beijing, attended award ceremony
    Beijing is really huge
    Another rushing moment; How I wish to take my time walking on the street
    The journey during these past few days has allowed me to add more beautiful pictures in my life
    Like the other day during the launch of Fahrenciti
    That day, it's like a happy gathering; everyone played together, reminisced the past
    What I wanted to say at that time was thank you everyone, there were laughters and tears, of course lots more laughters
    Although I've lost some, I've also gained a lot, and that is, your encouragement and support to keep me going

Dong's mom is proud of Dong Dong, and Dong Dong is proud of all of you
    Fell really happy this time because returning to Taiwan at the moment

I've seen it, China's Dong Cheng Bu Bai* (*Dong Cheng Bu Bai means undefeated Dong Cheng)
    It's so huge and super cool
    It was so rushed, otherwise I would have taken a picture to capture this touching moment
    Hmm, hopefully I'll still be able to see it again the next time I go to Mainland
    Also Wei Dong Zhu Yi and Tian Ya Dong Lou, woohoo, and Da Dong's International Fan Club, haven't seen you in a long time ~~!!!

In short, Dong Cheng is undefeatable ~~~~~ Good night, wish you have a sweet dream ~~~!!
    Last edited by Jilly; 04-11-08 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Correcting a mistyped word

Aww, I can’t blame his mom for wanting grandchildren, but he needs to find a good girl first.

His musical background is definitely rock, hehe. I guess FRH isn’t the type of band to do heavier rock. Did Jiro’s old band play rock music, do you know?

LOL, the ads are really funny. Aww, poor Jiro in the online game one. Aww, I like the Life Insurance one – that’s the actress from ISWAK and TKA in it with him (I forget her name right now); they look cute together in the CF, especially with their matched “O” faces when the bike flies off and hits the car, lol.

I really like Jiro’s latest entry. He seems a bit wistful about the time lost that he could have spent with loved ones, but he also focused on how much he’s gained over the past few years. I particularly like these lines: “There are gains and losses in this occupation, but I hope my gains will be much more than my losses in the future
    I need to understand how to treasure and cherish it even more
    Life should be carried out within projection, right?

It looks like I need to rigorously execute it ~~~~~~~ rigorously execute it ~~~~~”

Jiayou, Jiro!

Thanks for the blog entries and CFs, Jilly Jie!
    Last edited by swimfishyswim06; 04-13-08 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swimfishyswim06 View Post
    His musical background is definitely rock, hehe. I guess FRH isn’t the type of band to do heavier rock, hehe. Did Jiro’s old band play rock music, do you know?
    swimfishyswim06, fancy seeing you here. I guess you're kinda like me in that we keep the same username wherever we go. Hehe. Anyway, Jiro's band, Dong Cheng Wei, is a rock band. Did you ever hear Jiro sing Ren Jian Tao Wang Ji? It's pretty rockish. Apparently, Jiro had written the lyrics for that song (that's per Wiki). That song is alright but i prefer the insert song that you can hear while watching The X-Family. It's called Gou Ai by Dong Cheng Wei and it's sung by A Chord. I'm not sure if Jiro is still performing with his band here and there or if they're even still together.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Eh, swim mei and beanybeans... you guys know each other? What a coincidence!

Haha, that online game Cf is very funny indeed. I didn't know the girl in the Life Insurance CF also acts in ISWAK and TKA. I can't even recognize her from the clip.

Yeah, Dong Cheng Wei is Jiro's old rock band from his high school days. The whole band members star in The X-Family, but only Jiro and Xiu got major spotlight. I'm pretty sure they are still together, but there are rumors about Jiro being forced to leave Dong Cheng Wei to focus on Fahrenheit. I hope the management company wouldn't be so cruel to force him make that kind of decision. After all, Dong Cheng Wei is like his blood brothers to him.

If you want to get a taste of Dong Cheng Wei, listen to Gou Ai.
    As beanybeans had mentioned, this is the insert song for The X-Family but sung by A Chord instead of Jiro.

Yup, Jia You, Jiro!! You can do it!

LOL. Actually, i was surprised to find out that you and swimfishyswim know each other, Jilly. But yeah, i met swimfishyswim over at the Ariel Lin forum. I think i've seen her over at the Hu Ge forum too. I never actually posted at that forum though. But yeah, it's totally nifty how we all "know" each other. Hehe.

Regarding Dong Cheng Wei, i don't know why they can't just let Jiro have a side project or something. I mean, there are a good number of side project bands (eg, A Perfect Circle, Blaqk Audio, etc) in the US and i don't think anything of it. I think it's pretty nifty actually. I guess Jiro's so busy that maybe they don't want him to squeeze in some more time for Dong Cheng Wei.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Actually I only know swim from this forum. It all started with me posting a comment at Ariel's thread. At about the same time, swim also posted a very similar message in LOCH's thread. Later on, I posted Jiro and Ariel (which swim affectionately calls "Jiriel" lol) picture in this thread. A week later swim also posted the same picture in Ariel's thread without first knowing about my posting. Because of these coincidences, we jokingly said that we must be long long sisters, haha.

I don't know how the Taiwan entertainment industry works, but it seems like they really "own" the artists and give them little to none freedom to pursue their side interests. Yes, doing a couple of side projects are fairly common in the U.S. Dave Grohl, for instance, is a frontman of Foo Fighters, but he also lends a hand for Queen of the Stone Age and other lesser known bands. I wish Jiro also has the same opportunity.

Heey, beanybeans!! Haven’t "seen" you in awhile! Heh, it was cool when I spotted you here =)
    I figured Jiro’s band was probably more rock. Ooh, I looked up Jian Tao Wang Ji on YouTube, and it’s pretty cool; you can definitely get a sense of some of his rock influences in listening.
    Yeah, I agree, there are quite a few side project bands; you don’t need to give up one for the other. And I like the different sound of Dong Cheng Wei. Jiro *is* really busy, though, between FRH and all of the dramas he’s been filming, plus CFs, etc. [Aah, I forgot A Perfect Circle was a side band… good stuff].
    Yeah, Jilly and me only “know” each other from here… and perhaps from a long time ago when we were sisters but not long-lost =P

Jilly Jie, thanks for the Gou Ai link… I really like it and can imagine Jiro singing it. I’ve heard that Dong Cheng Wei are all close, like brothers, but I had never heard any of their music before. Yup, beanybeans and I know each other from the Ariel forum (and are you at AF, too, beanybeans?)
    Yeah, Asian ent industry seems to be more possessive of artists sometimes. I guess we should be glad that FRH’s management company isn’t as bad as JE (Johnny’s Entertainment in Japan). Let’s just hope Jiro doesn’t have to choose between DCW and FRH anytime soon.

Ooh, DCF should be starting in 3 weeks, right?

Pic of Jiro from Fahrenciti event (credit to Rui @ asianfanatics.net for original post):
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8178/89717057zv9.th.jpg')
    Last edited by swimfishyswim06; 04-13-08 at 10:56 PM.