Thread: How to save and convert videos?

Post How to save and convert videos?

I just really want to know how to convert and save videos, especially from youtube and tudou. Anybody help me??

Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

yay! thanks.

now, when i download the videos onto my computer, they're in flv. format. so i try to convert it to mp3 format, when i do it, i can't seem it download the mp3-formatted video onto my computer. how do it do it?

Quote Originally Posted by libby96 View Post
    now, when i download the videos onto my computer, they're in flv. format. so i try to convert it to mp3 format, when i do it, i can't seem it download the mp3-formatted video onto my computer. how do it do it?
    use this utility to extract the mp3 and avi files from flv movies

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lv_extract.cfm

The javimoya Firefox extension doesn't seem to work for youtube vids anymore. My PC is too slow to use the keepvids program.

Any other solutions?
    This account is retired.

So you saying your computer too slow to use javimoya and keepvid from the links above? They don't install on your computer. You can just use them there remotely.

Only other alternative I know of is programs that will download streaming vids such as windows media, flash, etc.

One I would recommend is VM Recorder. It does them all. But if err..if your puter is too slow for the links above, I doubt it will run it.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

i did install the javimoya firefox extension, but upon trying to save vids, i got an error msg.

the keepvids prog says it requires 512 mb RAM and over a GB prcessor, my pc is way below those.

the vid i am trying to save is this 1.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJYEmRxOKTI

Has any1 used javimoya successfully to save vids frm youtube recently?
    This account is retired.

What Im saying is...just use the download function remotely. FRom the links I posted above....put the youtube link in the text field. Then press download on the right. etc......

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Oicic it worked thanks.
    This account is retired.

I know a real easy way to download videos from YouTube. It doesn't even require you to specifically download a program.

All you have to do is update your RealPlayer (most people's computer comes with this program) to the newest version. Then you could go to any video site and download whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by libby96 View Post
    I'm not much of a tech wiz, but I believe mp3 is audio only So if you want the video (like something you can put on your ipod), you probably want to shoot for an mpeg-4 or avi or something. Whether you want the audio or video, my recommendation is http://media-convert.net because you don't need to download anything and it also allows you to play around with resolution, splitting clips, etc. Just make sure your input format is flv and make your output format whatever you want (mp3 if you want audio, mp4/avi for video, etc).
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Banned

you may use Nidesoft YouTube Video Converter to get videos from youtube, this software is powerful software that can not only help u download videos from youtube but also convert it to any formats you want so that you can use it in any portable players.
    free download it here and have a try:
    http://www.nidesoft.com/youtube-video-converter.html
    hope this information is helpful to u