Thread: Good CD/DVD shop in Hong Kong?

Default Good CD/DVD shop in Hong Kong?

I'm going to be in Hong Kong for one day on a business trip, and I'm assuming that after we have our meeting I'm going to be free to do some shopping at night or something. If you only had one night, and you wanted to go to the bestest place in HK for CDs and DVDs (originals only, please) where would you go to? Looking for things like Canto TVB and ATV serials, old Roman Tam and Adam Cheng albums, good CCTV JY serials etc.

Thanks for any tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'm going to be in Hong Kong for one day on a business trip, and I'm assuming that after we have our meeting I'm going to be free to do some shopping at night or something. If you only had one night, and you wanted to go to the bestest place in HK for CDs and DVDs (originals only, please) where would you go to? Looking for things like Canto TVB and ATV serials, old Roman Tam and Adam Cheng albums, good CCTV JY serials etc.

Thanks for any tips!
    Best as in the lowest prices?

HK doesn't have many CD/DVD stores. On Mongkok around the Ladies' Market area, there are a couple stores. Prices aren't much cheaper than what you can get at home.

Besides Mongkok, those big malls(Ocean Terminal, Time Square, ) usually have one store that sells CD/DVDs.

Best as in biggest variety.

You can try Mong Kok or Mong Kok shopping malls, otherwise you can try HMV in Tsim Sha Tsui. I think they have the biggest variety but their prices are not cheap .

You might find that some shops have the CDs/DVDs that other shops won't have and vice versa.