Thread: I am Legend

Default I am Legend

hey..anyone else pumped for I am legend? I saw the trailers during American Gangster and i've been so pumped ever since! cant wait till the 14th!!

trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX773fMkS90
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Ared3 View Post
    Really? whose the main character of this movie? I think that will be the 4th time that being adapted into film... that was a really nice film to watch...
    Dude are you for real? Of course its Will Smith. HA! Yea gonna be a great movie for sure, glad hes doing some action movies again.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

i'm not too big on will smith but the trailer does seems cool, and will probably be my pick if nothing else decent comes out the same weekend.

I too wish it was another actor, but the trailer do look good.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I went and saw it today it was kind of good and bad.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default A Disappointment!

Will Smith is definitely a king of sci-fi genre. He made magic with such films as, Independent Day, MIB I & II, I-Robot, etc…so it was natural to conclude that "I am Legend" will provide a tint of that magic, considering that the trailer did look very promising. However, this movie is a major disappointment. I fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie, and NO, I was not tired going into it. It was just that boring! Throughout the story, I kept hoping that the pace will pick up and pray for some sort of action…where are the creepy zombies? where are the actions? where are the “ooohhhh” and “aaaahhhhh” moments? where the heck is this damn movie going, really? By the time the ending arrives, I was already too bored to care for the "legendary" tale. This is not even rental worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Will Smith is definitely a king of sci-fi genre. He made magic with such films as, Independent Day, MIB I & II, I-Robot, etc…so it was natural to conclude that "I am Legend" will provide a tint of that magic, considering that the trailer did look very promising. However, this movie is a major disappointment. I fell asleep 15 minutes into the movie, and NO, I was not tired going into it. It was just that boring! Throughout the story, I kept hoping that the pace will pick up and pray for some sort of action…where are the creepy zombies? where are the actions? where are the “ooohhhh” and “aaaahhhhh” moments? where the heck is this damn movie going, really? By the time the ending arrives, I was already too bored to care for the "legendary" tale. This is not even rental worthy!
    The only Will Smith movie that I like is "Independence Day" so to me, he is definitely not a guarantee of success. A sci-fi movie does not always need to have action though, so the parts you find boring may captivate me, we'll see.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Adaptations rarely do justice to the actual novels. I think I'll check out the book before watching the movie. Rental it will be .

ID4 and MIB I were good. The others were ... ehhhh

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    The only Will Smith movie that I like is "Independence Day" so to me, he is definitely not a guarantee of success. A sci-fi movie does not always need to have action though, so the parts you find boring may captivate me, we'll see.
    I agree with this assessment. If I may correct myself, I didn’t mean “action” in a literal sense as one would expect from an action thriller. I was expecting something more suspenseful; a great scary thriller to be told, but it turns out to be a numbingly slow-paced scenes of dialogue that lead to nowhere but more boring scenes of dialogue between Smith’s character and his dog during 3/4 of the movie.

Hopefully you will enjoy this movie more than I did, but this was just not my cup of tea.

The movie is like the biggest december grossing with like over 78M$. Not too bad aye for a movie with just will and his dog for most parts of the film.

It dun come out until Jan 3 here.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

i actually like the movie although there are some part thats questionable and doesn't make much sense.

finally watched it yesterday...it was pretty good i thought...although the end seemed extremely rushed (whole movie was 1hour 40 min ish)...i give it an 8/10..good but not as good as i expected
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

READER BEWARE: SPOILERS

Like most others this was probably my most anticipated film for a while. However it was a major disappoitment. Like most the pace was just too slow. Basically, only three things really happened in the film, he's dog died, he found other ppl then he died. Funny how one of my friend got really pissed off when other ppl starting appearing and in the end there was a whole colony of ppl. Guess it totally ruined the expectation of the film being one "Legend" against the rest (zombies).
    Pharmacy NOT Chemist.
    Pharmacist = The Drug Expert
    Chemist = Who Knows! Who CARES!

Just watched it tonight and I'd say it was pretty good. It was kinda bad mix of drama and suspense but if you really stay with it till the end its not that bad.

I just watched this movie, its not bad at all. I wished it changed a few things, if I was the main character; I might not go crazy like Will Smith and stay calm. Figuring out, on how to deal with the current situation and yes, get out of the city! If there is a possiblity.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I didn't think It was that great simply because there were some parts that weren't too convincing. For example. He had that little portable UV light that them mutants are supposed to be afraid of rite? Why didn't he carry that around?

*Spoiler Alert*
    Like others have mentioned, there's not much to the movie. He kidnapped the mutant lady, then they trapped him, his dog dies, he dies for the cause.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Will Smith Movie for 2008: Hancock

As a lazy-***-clumsy-bump superhero - parts of the trailer is funny - LOL - poor whale - hahaha:

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/hancock/
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 02-12-08 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I didn't think It was that great simply because there were some parts that weren't too convincing. For example. He had that little portable UV light that them mutants are supposed to be afraid of rite? Why didn't he carry that around?

*Spoiler Alert*
    Like others have mentioned, there's not much to the movie. He kidnapped the mutant lady, then they trapped him, his dog dies, he dies for the cause.
    I think anyone who is an introverted person would like this movie because there is at least some peace and quiet. So someone can do what he/she wanted to do, for a very long time. Yes, it can be very boring for some; hey, everyone has their own way of expressing themselves. Will Smith does not protrays very well, should of find another person, who can do much better.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.