Thread: Beowulf

Default Beowulf

What do you guys think of this movie? I thought although the first half was boring the second half grabbed my attention. Also, I love the soundtrack.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

It was alright! No reason in particular, but I wasn't too impressed.

I think is alright, the graphics similars to "300", but the only thing attrached to me was the Jolie, she was like HHHOOOOTTTT and SEEEXXYYYY!!! I love her lizard-like tail though, it's cool! Can't wait for the released of DVDs b/c I can able see the behind scenes of how Jolie performed her role, hopefully they included hers.

Come on, there were at least three other women more attractive than her in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kingearth View Post
    I think is alright, the graphics similars to "300", but the only thing attrached to me was the Jolie, she was like HHHOOOOTTTT and SEEEXXYYYY!!! I love her lizard-like tail though, it's cool! Can't wait for the released of DVDs b/c I can able see the behind scenes of how Jolie performed her role, hopefully they included hers.
    haven't seen it yet but i read that they used another actress's body since jolie was really skinny.

for the record, haven't seen 300 either.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    haven't seen it yet but i read that they used another actress's body since jolie was really skinny.
    i don't know where you got your source from. Jolie was in her early pregnancy stage when she did this movie. The director, Robert Zemeckis, said he did not have to do much to portray Jolie's body (http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/arti...s_rid=smh:top5)

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    What do you guys think of this movie? I thought although the first half was boring the second half grabbed my attention. Also, I love the soundtrack.
    I saw this today in IMAX 3D and have to agree. Almost fell asleep halfway through, but the in the last part was quite good. The 3D and IMAX made it worth sitting through the slow parts at the beginning - almost jumped out of my seat a couple of times during the dragon battle.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Beowulf may be the best animation to date in realism and dynamism.

Unlike previous animations such as Shrek which while good are comedy/slapstick and therefore largely focus on body language, Beowulf is a drama and rely successfully on facial expression to convey subtle dramatic emotion. It is not perfect in this regard but it is probably better than other animations.

Beowulf uses dynamic angle lavishly to capitalize the unique advantage of animation to the point of overusing this technique as in one or two scenes the technique is used out of sync with the moment. It is nonetheless a very good experiment.