Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is Wuxia Fiction dorky?

You know, this actually sounds like sth a girl would ask a guy.

Well no there's nothing "wrong" with it of course. If you're talking about a girl with better skills than most men in general, why I'd love to be a powerful swordslady myself any day and kick some aaa.

But if you're talking about a girl who's better than HER man, it depends on whether the guy has some other strengths to deserve her. If he's a loser, then my opinion is she's a loser herself to be baby-sitting someone like that.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Talking Hmm...

Maybe he's a magician and can cast spells at foes?
    Or maybe he's a doctor?
    Maybe the guy's very handsome?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

or possibly very well endowed
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Default That is not funny...

Not funny at all.
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

and I don't give a poop about what you think
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Hey this is all hypothetical anyway.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

Talking To the girls here

What Miss expression said give me an idea.
    To all the ladies here...
    Let us assume that you are a invincible martial artist.
    No, don't give me things like it's impossible and such thing, 1st, I don't think it's impossible for a girl to become the greatest, and even if I do believe it, let's just assume that it's possible and it just happens to you.
    So, now you are a young (or maybe not so young, depending on you actual current age) girl.
    And for some reason you are now the greatest martial artist under heaven.
    (Let us assume that this is in the Han/Tang/Song or Ming Dynasty)
    You skills are equals to those of DG QB and Z3F, and your physcial strength is stronger then QiaoFeng, GuoJing and H7G combined, and you inner strength is as strong as XuZhu and The Sweeping Monk together.
    To make things clearer, let's assuame that you have fully mastered the following: BeiMing, YiJin, XiSui, 9Yin, 9Yang, XiangLong18, TianShan 6Yang Plam, R/L skill, DG9J, XTJF, 6MSJ, TaiJi Fist, TaiJi Sword.
    Being so powerful and invincible...
    What kind of man will you look for?
    (With the assumation that you're truely invincible, and it's impossible for any man to be your match in contests of skills and strength)
    So?
    What will a girl look for a man when she's an invincible martial artist?
    This is something I would liked to know...
    To guys: Pls kindly ignore this post.

Default Since I gave you the inspiration...

Of course I probably won't care to look for a guy when I'm so powerful. So much other fun things to do like kicking guys aaa. Well semi-kidding...

Ahem, let me be more serious. For me, I'll look for a guy whose character really impresses me. Wise, kind, sophisticated, gentleman-like, understanding...the perfect saint who's also romantic and fun. (Hey you said everything is possible) Since I'm already the best martial artist I'll prefer a great doctor who can make me look prettier or a learned scholar who sends me poetry in his love letters.

Check my status

>>>>>>>>>>> I think I can kick anybody's behind in no time...

Me? I need a guy who has more HP and MP and also can teach me the 9 yin jin jing will be appreciated.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Yo, Yonny don't be greedy now.

Talking To Yon...

But according to the pre-asumption, you have aready fully mastered 9Yin ZhenJing....
    Also, since you're invincible, there's no one with more HP then you...

Phwaaaa......

That was my intension....

I can be the one of the greatest...

I just want the hard copy of 9 Yin...
    Yes I am a greedy person...
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Exactly, Son of Light.
    Ren Zai Jiang Hu Shen Bu You Ji
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Default To crazy...

To Crazy:
    It should be "Shui Neng Gou" not "Shei Neng Gou"
    The chinese texts, if you want:
    人在江湖身不由己
    天下英雄
    到底誰能夠
    笑傲江&#28246
    PS: To use the chinese texts, 1st quote this post, then copy the strange codeings...

Default Re: To the girls here

Originally posted by Son of Light
    What Miss expression said give me an idea.
    To all the ladies here...
    Being so powerful and invincible...
    What kind of man will you look for?
    (With the assumation that you're truely invincible, and it's impossible for any man to be your match in contests of skills and strength)
    So?
    What will a girl look for a man when she's an invincible martial artist?
    This is something I would liked to know...
    To guys: Pls kindly ignore this post.
    ok, pretty much how the same standards as now. i doubt ill change much (becos im already quite great. bwahahahahaaa!!! j/k)

i would pick a person whos easy-going...and gets along well with me. (no extremeties in attitude; thats all i asked - but really hard to find one...a person with no distinct flaws and strength! LOL)

he or she (i dont care, as long as its a person) will not have to be fantastic in martial arts or what....as long as i like the character. all is good.

I will pick up Yang Guo, because I'll be Xiao Liong Niu..

I don't want to be the greatest in wuxia,.. I just wanna be the greatest in one man eyes.. that's enuf

Ps. the man also need to be great in my eyes ...
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

If I were to become invincible I will become as ruthless and cold like Miejue Shi-Tai, have the power of Tianshang Tonglao. Plus I will have put the words of Cao Cao and Machiavelli to work.
    Also I won't get married, too much trouble........ I would rather be feared than loved.
    I will dominate Wulin.
    First the toppling of Shaolin, afterwards taking over Wudang. Destroying the heretic sects and proclaim myself the hegemone of Wulin. Submitting the orthodox schools to my will.
    Last edited by Athena; 07-19-03 at 05:16 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Default Re: regarding heroines and such

Originally posted by expression
    Actually being the arrogant Expression as I am, I still strongly support the idea of the male protecting the female. I really don't want to see the guy hiding behind the girl's back.

What I meant by a strong female lead is this:
    that the girl should have independent thoughts and know what she's doing, not just blinding following her love (which will mean if she loves a good guy, she'll do good, and if she loves a bad guy, "Oh well I still have to follow him around 'cause I love him so!!" ). She does NOT have to be a great swordsman or be extremely smart, but she should at least demonstrate that she has principles and the ability to decide what is right and wrong.
    That's exacly what I have in mind.

I am a girl, and although I'm not against a woman with greater martial arts than man, I personally choose the opposite. Why? Because I want a man who I respect. I don't think I can respect a man weaker than me. Well .. that's not all, actually. I know that there're many other reasons like characters, inteligence, physical condition, etc .. but .. well, you got my point. HR and XLN suit my taste. Although HR is weaker than GJ, HR is much much more intelegent, so that kinda make them equal. The same goes to XLN. YG is much more skilled in martial arts and more clever, but XLN has this 'air' that makes him do whatever she orders him to do.

Even more, I'd like to see a wuxia series where the hero and heroine have equal martial arts. That way, each can protect the other one equally.

Regarding the question about if I (female) am invincible, I'd like a man who have more intelligence or wiser than me. I am undefeatable in terms of martial arts, so I should see men from other point of view . Well, actually, the problem is not all on me. Usually, men will be the one to have problems with me since most of them don't wanna be with a stronger female .

Talking Funny...

What's wrong with having a stronger girl friend?

Default Re: Funny...

Originally posted by Son of Light
    What's wrong with having a stronger girl friend?
    Considering how there are men who can't deal something so trivial as their girlfriend/wife making more money than them, how are they going to deal with a situation where the female actually has more skills?
    Of course, if a guy were that selfish, I'd not want to be with him anyways, but I definitely wouldn't want a situation where I'd constantly be making the guy feel bad about himself because he didn't have enough skills. I feel that because of the patriarchial tradition, females are more equipped to deal with a male having more skills while males are made to feel emasculated (mostly by society). It'd take a very strong and self-assured male to deal with a female whose skills are better than just everyone else, and to be perfectly frank, those kinds of males are rare. Of course, if I were to the invincible martial artist presumed, then I guess I'd have no choice but to try to find this rare kind of male.

This conversation reminds me of Righteous Guards serial (from about 1999), which was probably the only serial I'd ever with a strong female playing the lead role and was actually a good serial to watch.
    Anyways, the series feature a girl whose talent for the martial arts were extremely great. She could learn things by just being able to see someone perform the skills a few times, and she was really smart. You know, your average great martial artists the likes of which is usually only seen in males. (Think Wu Ji from HSDS but looking like Cynthia Khan.)
    The story was also unique in one other aspect. She had two males interested in her, but she never ever connected with anyone (not even in the sucky sequel), and the males interested in her were always not average. Their skills were always superior, and they took things [like a girl having more skills] in stride.
    Um...someone'll find a point in here somewhere....I've certainly proven I can't articulate properly.