只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

but at the same time, not be overly annoying and jealous

Peachblossom
    Unregistered

Originally posted by Ganryu
    lol..... yeah wuxia conventions and cosplay...
    i would like to see some siu lung lui's haha...

they should hold a wuxia convention beside a trekkie one.... a normal citizen walking by will see all those different costumes and go: 'what the hell?'

i hope wuxia becomes more mainstream.... but still be cool

hahaha yeh, imagine all of us dressing up as wuxia characters. Ha! Each one picks one, the guys pick their favorite male character, and the girls pick their favorite female character... Every one puts on the costume, holding a sword or other weapons, walking on the street. It reminds me of those Halloween parades that we used to have in elementary school. hehe

I wonder if they actually have wuxia costumes available for sale anywhere. Wouldn't that be funny, and uh.. dorky? But actually, would anyone not mind doing that, I mean, really? ^.^

I agree with you! If the movies came with English subtitles, there would be more interests and fans in the US. I own two versions of ROCH ( 83 and 95) and I can only understand 40% of the dialogue in Mandarin. But this is a great story and I keep rewatching anyways. My significant other thinks I'm nuts of course. I am waiting for the day when a set comes out with English subtitles, hopefully before I'm six feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    cuz he likes aggressive women... he wants girls to take control
    No, because it is the way of heaven.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by luna_rainbow View Post
    I doubt wuxia can exactly become mainstream...after all, it's a genre, and not a "medium" as anime is ^^ In that way, it's limiting as it will only appeal to people who like that genre..whereas anime appeals to a broader spectrum because within its medium, it has lots of sub-genres (but ironically, its medium becomes limiting because people think "animation is so for kids").

It would be fun to cosplay wuxia...heh, maybe they can even choose better casting out of the cosplay people than the ones they use now (*cough*richieren*cough*).
    It IS mainstream. Jin Yong's novels have sold 1 billion copies, second best selling author in the history of the world.

Smile I think that Wuxia fiction is boring.

I don't like Wuxia fiction,but I like watching Wuxia movie or soap opera.
    Because Wuxia movie is interesting and "Wuxia movie"'s special effects are fantastic and exciting. Such as Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu" is
    funny and great.

News at 11: everyone's favourite male feminist is back after a 3 year meditation, and his balls are still missing.

Wuxia is mainstream in Asia. It's not mainstream yet outside of Asia, but that will soon change with the rise of China. Japanese anime wouldn't have got anywhere outside of Japan if it hadn't been for their economic power.

As for whether wuxia is cool or not with girls, I'm a female ex-erotic-dancer who's crazy enough about wuxia to start a website on it. "Chilling" enough? What is it with kids these days that everything has to be "chill" or some other bullshit trendy buzzword?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    As for whether wuxia is cool or not with girls, I'm a female ex-erotic-dancer who's crazy enough about wuxia to start a website on it. "Chilling" enough? What is it with kids these days that everything has to be "chill" or some other bullshit trendy buzzword?
    whether the guys on the forum will admit it or not, you've got their minds racing with about 10 different scenarios right now.

unfortunately, most of them probably involve you dressed up as XLN.

haha...you know, i follow this forum because of its diverse community. for example, i'm a musician that grew up in los angeles. most of my friends have no idea who hu fei or yang guo are, so it's nice to get on SPCNET and blow off some steam by arguing about how strong a character is, or how pretty. it's nice to know some people who love these stories as much as i do, and have made them part of their lives.

cheers to you, wuxia dorks. i'm one too.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post
    whether the guys on the forum will admit it or not, you've got their minds racing with about 10 different scenarios right now.

unfortunately, most of them probably involve you dressed up as XLN.
    Wrong gal, mate. XLN is too pure and innocent. Much more likely to be Madam Ma, or if they're Gu Long fans, Lin Xian Er.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Default I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sasaya View Post

I don't like Wuxia fiction,but I like watching Wuxia movie or soap opera.
    Because Wuxia movie is interesting and "Wuxia movie"'s special effects are fantastic and exciting. Such as Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu" is
    funny and great.

Yes, I agree with you.But sometimes we should learned that to know the culture of a country!

I ever read the Wuxia books in young age, butt now I do not like reading it. Because the movie are popular in modern.
    I think Wuixa is popular because it connect the ancient China culture. And it is a mystery whether really hasWuxia in ancient times. Everybody always like fantastic world, so the arthor creat many story to people.
    Last edited by sleepjasmie20; 05-20-07 at 11:41 AM.

I read the Wuxia fiction before.
    I think it's really fun, but there are too many words to read.
    Because of lazy, I prefer watching TV to reading the Wuxia fiction.
    Anyway, it's really fun to read the Wuxia fiction.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

do sasaya, Ivy.ke, sleepjasmie20 and david760429 all sound like the same person or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    When I said Language as the one of the barrier, I disregard the cultural background.

Why? I can understand and relate with westerner science fiction thanks because I understand the language. I don't think I would understand (and care) startrek, starwars, babylon 5, stargate, etc if I can't understand the language.

My friends, who doesn't know Chinese culture more than Chinese New Year, manage to like Jet Li, Bruce Lee, Chow Yun Fat, etc... I've a Lebanese friend and big fan of Jet Li. It's all possible because they understand the film and story in their own language.

another 2 cents of mine
    You just named my four favorite sci-fi franchises but just a little out of order.

Default I don't like Wuxia fiction,but I like watching Wuxia movie

I don't like Wuxia fiction,but I like watching Wuxia movie .
    Because they have a lot of words in Wuxia fiction, I have no patience to read too many words.
    so Wuxia movie is attract me than WUxia fiction. Movie have some action and excite scene.

Talking I like wuxia movie instead of wuxia fiction

I like wuxia movie or wuxia Tv instead of wuxia fiction, Why? Because when I reading wuxia fiction, there are too more words so I am easy to asleep and want to know the end right away. If I watch wuxia movie or wuxia TV, I will enjou the action, they are so funny and exciting very much. In addition, I like admire costume and dauntless, courageous wuxia.
    for example, Kung fu is a good movie that I think most of people all like it , it not only can makes us to enjoy the funny, brave wuxia action, but also can makes us happy!!!

Wuxia cosplay would be a nightmare/eyesore!

If those big budget (relative to fans, not Hollywood!) serials get us so upset with the lame depictions of our favourite characters, what more some DIY costumes?

Anyone dressing as XLN will get instant "Yeeks! So ugly! The chutzpah!'

Ditto for YG.

Any XF cosplayer who is not Bolo Yeung sized will get sarcastic remarks too.

I think I'll stick to cosplaying minor characters with no rabid fanbase like SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan.
    Last edited by CC; 05-21-07 at 02:46 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

if it is dorky, then I'm proud to be a dork!
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Never mind. The apparent sock puppet issue has been taken up elsewhere. Thank you.
    -- original post deleted --
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 05-22-07 at 03:30 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!