View Poll Results: Who is the most despicable man Xiao Longnu ever gets involved with?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zhen Zibing

8 25.00%
  • Gongsun Zhi

24 75.00%

Thread: The most despicable man Xiao Longnu ever gets involved with

Post The most despicable man Xiao Longnu ever gets involved with

Who is the most despicable man Xiao Longnu ever gets involved with?

The two most obvious are Zhen Zhibing and Gongsun Zhi. Both of them were smitten by XLN's beauty - and they harmed her. One raped her, while the other nearly raped her. But who is more despicable than the other?

P.S. Zhen Zibing's name was Yin Ziping in Editions 1 & 2.
    ..ext88

It's Zhi instead of Zi for both Zhen Zhibing and Yin Zhiping.

I think the most despicable is Gongsun Zhi. Although Zhen Zhibing raped XLN, he was tormented by his guilt and aside from that, he had never done anything bad. Had it not been for that one blemish, there is perfectly nothing wrong with him, and can be counted as a hero in his own right.

Gongsun Zhi on the otherhand, is pure 'urgh'. He's done too many bad things, and he even plotted to harm his own daughter. It's way too obvious who's the worse guy.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-15-07 at 11:21 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Agreed with Guo Xiang.
    Gongsun Zhi is inhuman.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

gongsun zhi also gets my vote...I mean, he had a history of screwing women over
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

Gongsun Zhi definitely worse because he plans all his evil deeds way in advance.

gongsun zhi is definitely the worse villain overall -- however, since the poll is about XLN i had to go with Zhen Zhibing. he actually committed the act of rape -- and though i'm no woman, i'd have to say that's many times more traumatizing than being threatened with rape.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Gongsun Zhi because he was protrayed worse and did multiple offences against Xiao Long Nu.

sixdays actually had a good point.

Character wise, GSZ is much worse. But you have to admit, with GSZ, it is expected, he is a creep.

Zhen Zhibing on the other hand was a taoist priest, yet he committed such a crime.

I think we would be more outraged if a priest raped someone more so than a serial rapist.

So if based on character alone, GSZ, easy.

But if based on Little Dragon Girl, I would have to say the ZZB guy is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

Character wise, GSZ is much worse. But you have to admit, with GSZ, it is expected, he is a creep.

Zhen Zhibing on the other hand was a taoist priest, yet he committed such a crime.

I think we would be more outraged if a priest raped someone more so than a serial rapist.

Well if this is, from the publics' view who did a worse crime against XLN then it'd be more of an argument, but this is to XLN directly so priest or not I doubt it matters in her mind.

I'm not sure you can blame either of them. XLN has a nasty habit of being found in forests alone lying down helplessly...

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

I agree with Sixdays and Felix. Gongsun Zhi is bad, but Zhen Zhibing is more worse. That's why we voted for Zhen Zhibing.

Being a priest who raped an innocent girl, he's an utter disgrace to Quanzhen Sect.
    ..ext88

It seems to me there are different ways to interpret the question. I interpreted it as which man who got involved with Xiao Longnu was most despicable at first.

I would still say Gongsun Zhi for either interpretation. At least Zhen Zhibing felt sorry and he did it more on impulse; Gongsun Zhi was basically forcing Xiao Longnu and did not feel guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    It seems to me there are different ways to interpret the question. I interpreted it as which man who got involved with Xiao Longnu was most despicable at first.

I would still say Gongsun Zhi for either interpretation. At least Zhen Zhibing felt sorry and he did it more on impulse; Gongsun Zhi was basically forcing Xiao Longnu and did not feel guilty.
    that's an interesting way to look at it. personally, i feel ZZB's act said a lot more about his character than how sorry he was after. yes, he was incredibly sorry, and yes, he did commit suicide when he realized how he ruined XLN. still, he revealed his heart someone who saw a helpless woman who he found attractive, and used her for himself. that scares me more than GSZ, because it seems like such a human action. GSZ is painted as an old school villain with scheming plans and evil laughter and all of that -- but somehow ZZB raping a defenseless woman is a horror that just turns my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post
    that's an interesting way to look at it. personally, i feel ZZB's act said a lot more about his character than how sorry he was after. yes, he was incredibly sorry, and yes, he did commit suicide when he realized how he ruined XLN. still, he revealed his heart someone who saw a helpless woman who he found attractive, and used her for himself. that scares me more than GSZ, because it seems like such a human action. GSZ is painted as an old school villain with scheming plans and evil laughter and all of that -- but somehow ZZB raping a defenseless woman is a horror that just turns my stomach.
    Rapping a defenseless woman is horrible, but saving a girl because of lust. Forcing her to marry you by throwing poison flowers at her lover, then threatening both of their lives?

Not to mention GSZ had the heart to completely disable his old wife, showing his true character.

Re:6Day

Just to add to what Shenlong said, I don't think GSZ was above raping either, remember when he tried to kidnap GF and WYP?

YZP made a very very bad mistake and i'm not trying to downplay it, but he seemed to have some admirable qualtites in his character, GSZ on the other hand was just a scumbag.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..