Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY LAPTOP blacked out

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    That's pretty wierd, even if your addaptor doesn't work, your battery should still work. They probably did something else that they didn't tell you.
    I dont think that's weird. Her battery was totally drained out. So without the adaptor to recharge, the laptop would not power up.

That Toshiba technician was full of crap. All battery rechargers have a mechanism to cut power off when the battery is fully recharged.

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    I dont think that's weird. Her battery was totally drained out. So without the adaptor to recharge, the laptop would not power up.

That Toshiba technician was full of crap. All battery rechargers have a mechanism to cut power off when the battery is fully recharged.
    actually some battery have an external indicator, i've just assumed that she checked it. + if she have been using it on batteries she SHOULD have known (lol, i'm just gonna assume that too, my laptop got indicators everywhere... especially when the battery is about to go poof).

I do agree that they're full of shit, it is correct that most if not all laptop has a cut off when it's fully charged, or else all laptops will not be running on battery. that's why i don't like those tech people.
    Last edited by warlock110; 12-14-07 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    yeah, but i think han's computer is new? so it's still under warranty and the technician and replacement parts should be free. if he tried to pry the thing open himself and damages it further, it could void the warranty on it.
    yeah, that's kindda true, haha, i've always been voiding warranty of everything i own. But unless it something like a game console, you can pretty much open everything up without them noticing, most things are seal with a sticker, so it's not that bad, game console is just no way around though.

Hi there! You’re not alone!

My laptop (Acer, Window Vista) recently facing a problem of black out while i was using it. When I was watching a movie with my laptop, the screen suddenly turned black but the sound from the movie still can be heard and apparently the computer is still functioning. This does happen when I do my work in Word too. Does this have something to do with the refresh rate? I've tried to change the refresh rate but to no avail. There's only 60Hertz option for the multiple monitor. Should I select the Notebook or Monitor in the option at the display setting? It's LCD screen if I'm not mistaken. Any idea to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!!!

P/S: The reason why I don’t want to send it to the workshop where I bought it and tried to find solutions to the problem is that I don’t really trust the workshop. It seems that they always want us to send our PC and need to repair and all. Leave there for days make me sick!
    ~Cathelyn~

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    actually some battery have an external indicator, i've just assumed that she checked it. + if she have been using it on batteries she SHOULD have known (lol, i'm just gonna assume that too, my laptop got indicators everywhere... especially when the battery is about to go poof).

I do agree that they're full of shit, it is correct that most if not all laptop has a cut off when it's fully charged, or else all laptops will not be running on battery. that's why i don't like those tech people.
    What do you mean? I usually just off the switch and unplug the adapter after fully charge. Will this harm the laptop?
    ~Cathelyn~

Quote Originally Posted by Cathelyn View Post
    Hi there! You’re not alone!

My laptop (Acer, Window Vista) recently facing a problem of black out while i was using it. When I was watching a movie with my laptop, the screen suddenly turned black but the sound from the movie still can be heard and apparently the computer is still functioning. This does happen when I do my work in Word too. Does this have something to do with the refresh rate? I've tried to change the refresh rate but to no avail. There's only 60Hertz option for the multiple monitor. Should I select the Notebook or Monitor in the option at the display setting? It's LCD screen if I'm not mistaken. Any idea to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!!!
    There's nothing wrong with your laptop. There's a setting in Windows where after your computer is idle for a certain amount of time, it will turn off the monitor. Unfortunately, I do not use Vista so I don't know how to turn off this settings. Maybe one of the other members will be able to help.

But I'll post on how to do it for Windows XP and maybe it'll be the same way.

On your desktop, right click and select Properties
    Click on the Screen Saver tab
    Click on the Power button
    In the Power Schemes tab, you can turn on and off this feature. The rest should be self explanatory.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Or just nudge your mouse and the picture should come back.

In Vista, you can change the power settings.

Look for something that said 'Power Setting' under 'Control Panel'
    Then, change the idle to never.

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean "change the idle to never"? Is it the one under Multimedia Settings -> When sharing media -> prevent idling to sleep??

I've change those settings to 'never' and 'nothing' but the problem still persist. Do you think it is better for me to change from Vista to XP instead? My desktop is XP and it seems okay, no similar problem with XP. Do you think it's my monitor problem. I used to have the feeling that it is the setting that caused that blackout. I'm clueless now.
    Last edited by Cathelyn; 01-01-08 at 02:58 AM.
    ~Cathelyn~

No that is not it.

1 - Go to 'Control Panel'
    2 - Find the 'Power Options' button
    3 - On the left hand side, click on 'Change when the computer' sleep
    4 - Change all the 'Turn off the display' to Never or a longer time.

This should fix your systems from turning off the display screen.

Hope this help.

Thanks for all your help!! I really appreciate.

However the problem persists so I went to the workshop and the technician said that I have both AVG and Avast and thatt cause the problem. Therefore I uninstalled Avast and see if the problem continues. If the blackout stops I shall let you guys who has not solve this problem know that it might be the programs clashes that was the cause.
    ~Cathelyn~

After I've uninstalled the Avast the problem still persists. I'm clueless, frustruated and mad abt it. What should I do now
    ~Cathelyn~

Default Laptop is acting up again

please someone help me...my laptop is wacking out again.

Now, i need my laptop plug to an outlet at all time if not my laptop just automatically turn off or blacked out..

My laptop is just celebrated her first birthday a couple months ago..

WHAT the heck?1?!??
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    please someone help me...my laptop is wacking out again.

Now, i need my laptop plug to an outlet at all time if not my laptop just automatically turn off or blacked out..

My laptop is just celebrated her first birthday a couple months ago..

WHAT the heck?1?!??
    It sounds like your battery is dead and you need to replace it. Try someone else's laptop battery on your laptop (if they're similiar) and if it works, then that means you need to buy a need battery.

Anyway, your first post, I guess it's too late to tell you that it was your adapter cause I had the same thing happened to me.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    It sounds like your battery is dead and you need to replace it. Try someone else's laptop battery on your laptop (if they're similiar) and if it works, then that means you need to buy a need battery.

Anyway, your first post, I guess it's too late to tell you that it was your adapter cause I had the same thing happened to me.

im just abotu going crazy with my laptop...i guess you are right. it's my battery. I need to replace it. Do you know where I can get a decent one and how much would it usually cost?

I need a new Tobisha sateliite laptop battery.....
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    im just abotu going crazy with my laptop...i guess you are right. it's my battery. I need to replace it. Do you know where I can get a decent one and how much would it usually cost?

I need a new Tobisha sateliite laptop battery.....
    toshiba website should sell them... normally they run around 50-60 bucks each.