Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Catch Me Now 《原來愛上賊》

Quote Originally Posted by Joswar View Post
    Joe only got the shooter and hacker's ID. He still got lots to work on! ^^ Damian is so cool in this series! He's a great leading man!
    No. What episode you up to?

click to show/hide spoilers
    Joe now has 3/5 of the thieves identity. They are SHOOTER, RACER, and MASTERMIND. However, he has no solid proof to arrest them yet. I could see him discovering HACKER's identity soon too since his sister has became acquainted with him. The only one that's safe for now is KEYMAN.

More of you guys should watch this series so we can discuss!

Oh! Yeah... the mad racer's ID! not the hacker... Sorry ^^
    Oh, so he knows about Damian (MASTERMIND) too?

Oh! Yeah... the mad racer's ID! not the hacker... Sorry ^^
    Oh, so he knows about Damian (MASTERMIND) too?
    Yup, Joe finds out about MASTERMIND by the end of episode 3, I think. I think that he found out a bit too fast though. But he probably won't be able to jail the crew until the end or maybe never.

This thieving crew is really well organized. Each member specialized in something special. MASTERMIND devises the plans and orders the members around. SHOOTER can shoot and...well shoot more. MAD RACER can drive and help them get away. KEYMAN can open up locks. HACKER can hack computers and security codes.

BTW, do you think Pinky knows about what they do? Do you think that she's also a member of the gang?

I think Pinky knows.... Or at least i think so... ^^

KEYMAN? Isn't the guy wearing a cap is called DEMOLITION MAN?

I think Pinky knows.... Or at least i think so... ^^

KEYMAN? Isn't the guy wearing a cap is called DEMOLITION MAN?
    I dunno. Everyone else calls him Keyman so I just went with it.

I wonder what the ratings are for the first week. It shouldn't be bad since this is a pretty good series.

I hope the rating is good! I really like it so far! ^^

I hope the rating is good! I really like it so far! ^^
    Yeah, hopefully it'll get good ratings.

BTW, did anyone catch the joke in episode 4? BT calls Yungyung "Gugu". This is in reference to Idy as Xiaolongnu.

Default Really?

I thought "gugu" means something like "Aunty" from father side? (Just guesing anyway...)

Whad'ya think?

I thought "gugu" means something like "Aunty" from father side? (Just guesing anyway...)

Whad'ya think?
    Yes, it does. But Idy acted Xiaolongnu twenty-five years ago. Her character was often called "gugu" by Andy Lau's. So, as I was saying, this might be a joke to those who know.

Ou! So my guessing is right! "Gugu" means auntie from father side in Cantonese?
    Hm.. dun know about that 25 years ago thingy.. i'm not born yet... haha.. You mean condor heroes?

Ou! So my guessing is right! "Gugu" means auntie from father side in Cantonese?
    Hm.. dun know about that 25 years ago thingy.. i'm not born yet... haha.. You mean condor heroes?
    I wasn't borne yet either. And yes, the show being referenced was Condor Heroes.

Who else is annoyed at the pace of the show?

It gets incredibly exciting, then suddenly the show switches to Fala-Joe/Damien-Idy. I see no chemistry whatsoever, especially for the latter relationship. It doesn't help that Idy has an incredibly annoying character and she appears lost half the time (both the character and her acting).

Otherwise, thumbs up to Damien!

Good news guys,

This show got 31 (peaking @ 32) points during its first week of airing. That is pretty good for its first week.

Quote Originally Posted by jspuz View Post
    Who else is annoyed at the pace of the show?

It gets incredibly exciting, then suddenly the show switches to Fala-Joe/Damien-Idy. I see no chemistry whatsoever, especially for the latter relationship. It doesn't help that Idy has an incredibly annoying character and she appears lost half the time (both the character and her acting).

Otherwise, thumbs up to Damien!
    Surprisingly, I expected Idy to be a lot worse than this. I never thought she was a good actress, ever. Some how everyone loved her in Condor Heroes and she became this goddess in everyone's eyes. Honestly, I prefer Brigette Lin over her for that role.

Anyway, I say Fala Chan and Joe Ma are pretty decent. The age is a bit off but the truth is - Joe is not compatible with any costars. He's only good with the 2nd - 3rd line actors that can bring out his character. Fala is too new so doesn't produce the fire we all desire.

Damien and Joe - very fitted for the roles played. Loved their cool attitude. Johnson Lee another favorite of mine. I absolutely adore his character and his portrayal of it.

Semi Annoying: Chen Yan Mei and Long Leg crab. Hate their voice but pretty good actresses for their first on-screen appearance. (well chan yan mei is in tong shi san fen qin right now)

Annoying: Sharon Chan. Wow, she's really not doing that great. She's giving a lackluster performance.

Oh again, another question ... when did Johnson start liking Sharon? On episode 7, he suddenly mumbles to himself liking her. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I wasn't borne yet either. And yes, the show being referenced was Condor Heroes.
    Hm.. nah.. I watched that series when i was a kid.. Never remember her face..

Anyway I hope Idy is doing better in the series, since not a lot of people like her.. Haiz.. i just wish they would put Sheren Tang for Damian's partner..

But still this show is too cool to stop watching!

Especially cause Damian is like so man & so cool in it! hehehe....

Never thought Idy was all that, but she seems more uncomfortable than Fala - and at a stretch, maybe even Koni Lui - in her acting. And, she's peripheral to the story. I am not interested in watching her sell investment funds; I want to watch Damien being a thief.

I'm a bit disappointed at Sharon's role - don't think she could have done much with that, but I'm still looking forward to seeing her pairing with Johnson Lee.

I don't buy Joe's conveient 'professional' intuition of ID-ing those 5 thefts.
    ARGG, and I was mad that Damien reveals the ending in one of his interview!

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    Surprisingly, I expected Idy to be a lot worse than this. I never thought she was a good actress, ever. Some how everyone loved her in Condor Heroes and she became this goddess in everyone's eyes. Honestly, I prefer Brigette Lin over her for that role.

Anyway, I say Fala Chan and Joe Ma are pretty decent. The age is a bit off but the truth is - Joe is not compatible with any costars. He's only good with the 2nd - 3rd line actors that can bring out his character. Fala is too new so doesn't produce the fire we all desire.

Damien and Joe - very fitted for the roles played. Loved their cool attitude. Johnson Lee another favorite of mine. I absolutely adore his character and his portrayal of it.

Semi Annoying: Chen Yan Mei and Long Leg crab. Hate their voice but pretty good actresses for their first on-screen appearance. (well chan yan mei is in tong shi san fen qin right now)

Annoying: Sharon Chan. Wow, she's really not doing that great. She's giving a lackluster performance.

Oh again, another question ... when did Johnson start liking Sharon? On episode 7, he suddenly mumbles to himself liking her. Please help.
    Agree with all, but Long Leg crab(Koni Lui) and Amiee Chan are not on my semi-annoying list yet. Koni's voice is too weak when she delivers her headstrong lines sometimes.

Sharon Chan is not annoying to me but she does give a lackluster performance, it's like she doesn't even bother to act.

I think...Johnson Lee develops feelings in episode 4 when he was teasing sharon?
    Last edited by godiva; 05-01-08 at 05:27 PM.

Love the series so far, up to ep 3. There are two miss HK in the series, I think it's their first role.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post

actaully i thought every1 did well in this series and i dont mind sharon at all, this is 1 of the best series ive seen since heart of greed
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    actaully i thought every1 did well in this series and i dont mind sharon at all, this is 1 of the best series ive seen since heart of greed
    it pretty much started off on the same foot as DIE. i enjoyed DIE in the beginning a lot ... and same with this. let's cross fingers the end won't be a disappointment either.

sharon, i'm not sure. she's been acting so much longer and i just enjoy the other girls a bit more. but i have to say, she's really pretty in this series, esp her eye make up.