Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Gates deserves to DIE for letting Internet Explorer on the market!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    However, to allege that the man is doing it simply for "greed" is preposterous and ignorant when he contributes 60% (estimated 24 billion or more) of his earned income to charities. Seriously, stop talking out of your *** for once.
    60%?! That's hard to believe if its true.

Wherever I can transform into delight, understand death, and seeks for destruction

I hereby announce, on this winter day, that this thread has nothing to do with me or my pets. With that out of the way, I can continue. Who's Bill Gates? Oh, I know, the person who's always getting stabbed at with a samurai. His murders couldn't get "Kill Bill" out of their minds even after he died, and so they had to announce it. In the form of the great yet devastating invention: the TELEVISION. Too bad the TELEVISION can't teleport your vision. Oh god, I've become an idiot. Someone save me.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

seriously, how the **** do u survive in this forum all this time? bahhh...i'm ****ing drunk so good night.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

lol bell, ive been wondering about this as well........

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Bill Gates deserves to die for this.

I don't care if he didn't personally write the code. It's still his company that made it.
    lol, Ken, I have known you since the days of the other forum and this is the first time I see you make a statement like this. It is not your style. This incident must have really pi**ed you off.
    These are some of the inconveniences you have to live with when you download, especially lengthy ones.

Btw, Bill Gates and his Msdos revolutionalised the tech world, help make personal computers an important part of our lives. Msdos, Windows, as well as all subsequence releases, have bugs. That is the nature of software development, in fact, many believe that bugs make softwares less than perfect to provide for future marketing opportunities.

As for Bill Gates himself, I am a great fan of his. For such a wealthy man (one of the richest in the world) and also a very influential, he has never been arrogant. Further his charity and generosity are undeniable.

The fact that you can even download, you owe that to him. And your post and our responses are made possible thanks to Bill Gates' technology.
    So have a beer, enjoy what we have, it is not the end of the world, just an inconvenience
    Last edited by Thor; 12-17-07 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Bill Gates an innovator? Give me one innovation from Microsoft. He is a brilliant entrepreneur though.
    How about IntelliSense?

Accordingly, it was invented by MS.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

IE is mostly garbage. About the only reason people use it is that it's bundled with Windows. I've been happier since switching to Mozilla Firefox.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I make my living by writing software for Windows OS. So I can't bring myself to hate the man.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I don't have much to complain about IE but tons with Windows Vista, can't believe they released that piece of junk into the public. It's very unstable, things that you expect to work all the time in XP don't always work in Vista. For example opening and compressing zip files, and right clicking folders to get full menu with explore and scan options. Another annoying thing is you have to find the settings to change so you can save things in other folders besides documents such as programs. It might be good for businesses to have such things but not for home computers.

I HATE VISTA!!!

SP-3 for XP will be out shortly. Apparently it contains some 'Snooping software' in it.....but then the latest updates this month also had it, but my Firewall alerts me to it so I've blocked it. MS is run by a bunch of arrogant jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    How about IntelliSense?

Accordingly, it was invented by MS.
    Ok, that's one, something I wasn't aware about. Anything else?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Ok, that's one, something I wasn't aware about. Anything else?
    Still Bill Gates himself didn't invent it.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Btw, Bill Gates and his Msdos revolutionalised the tech world, help make personal computers an important part of our lives. Msdos, Windows, as well as all subsequence releases, have bugs. That is the nature of software development, in fact, many believe that bugs make softwares less than perfect to provide for future marketing opportunities.
    I have nothing against Bill Gates, but he is not an innovator, at least his innovation didn't made him rich. Instead he is a genius businessman. MS-DOS made him rich and that's due to his guts because he made a deal with IBM to include an operating system in every PC, but the genius part was that he didn't have a thing, nada. After the deal, Microsoft soon bought 86-DOS from Seattle Computer Products which was written by Tim Paterson for a whopping $50,000. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Still Bill Gates himself didn't invent it.
    Well, I did mention Bill Gates AND Microsoft.

Oh, Bill Gates and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen did developed the Altair BASIC interpreter.

It might make Bill Gates real sad to see this thread. Or not.

I think he's an alright dude. Anyone who gives as much as he does to charity is ok in my book.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    It might make Bill Gates real sad to see this thread. Or not.

I think he's an alright dude. Anyone who gives as much as he does to charity is ok in my book.
    He he, I really don't think this thread makes him feel anything. I mean this is Bill Gates we're talking about, he gets trashed by computer nerds all the time. I'm sure he developed a thick skin by now.

Personally, I like him. I admire his guts in business. I find it amazing that he was able to convince IBM about his vapour ware operating system without them ever seeing it in action.

Was just being sarcastic.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ahem.

I was downloading a file. It was huge. It took a few hours.

When it reached 98% download completion, IE crashed, meaning I had to start over again.

I can't even start for a few hours because limited bandwidth means I have to wait.

Bill Gates deserves to die for this.

I don't care if he didn't personally write the code. It's still his company that made it.
    Are you going to take justice into your own hand? Assassinate Bill Gate?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are you going to take justice into your own hand? Assassinate Bill Gate?
    man, you should stop taking everything ppl post online so seriously.... And one thing i cant figure out is why did you quote the first post after your third reply to this thread.....lol....kinda amusing actually, given the issue is getting 'basi' already(lol yeah my attempt at Rojak language there)....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 12-22-07 at 12:43 PM.