Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Gates deserves to DIE for letting Internet Explorer on the market!!!

Angry Bill Gates deserves to DIE for letting Internet Explorer on the market!!!

Ahem.

I was downloading a file. It was huge. It took a few hours.

When it reached 98% download completion, IE crashed, meaning I had to start over again.

I can't even start for a few hours because limited bandwidth means I have to wait.

Bill Gates deserves to die for this.

I don't care if he didn't personally write the code. It's still his company that made it.

And you told me to take off that comment on ZWJ being lower than a dog?

At least my comment was on a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post

Cheung Mo Gei has fans; Bill Gates doesn't.

And don't roll your eyes at me. I have a real problem with that icon.

There are various downloading managing tools like Download Accelerator that will save what you downloaded so far and can resume incase of a crash.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Cheung Mo Gei has fans; Bill Gates doesn't.

And don't roll your eyes at me. I have a real problem with that icon.
    Do you know that for a fact? I'm sure there are geeks out there who look up to him.

Wishing someone death is worst than my opinions on ZWJ.

Don't use IE. I recomend Maxthon classic, but Firefox and Opera aren't bad second choices. While you're at it, switch to Linux. I recomend Ubuntu, its easy to use and never crashes.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Do you know that for a fact? I'm sure there are geeks out there who look up to him.

Wishing someone death is worst than my opinions on ZWJ.
    If you're not inclined to be helpful here, then please just step aside. You're really not helping here.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Maybe you should get bigger bandwidth as a solution to your problem. I'm a HUGE fan of Bill Gates as a great innovator, an entrepreneur and a philanthropist. Compares to a lot of people, he’s probably the person that benefits society the most, alive!

He did alright for a guy who bought a 'quick and dirty operating system' [qdos] designed to make computer kits work and managed to sell IBM on it for the first PCs. The rest is history.

I have enormous respect for Bill Gates's work with the Gates foundation.

Ken,

Just get a download manager of some sort.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Lol ken....that's harsh....

just get Download Accelerator like ogakira suggested....

hmm...sometimes Firefox doesnt resume downloads too........

hey Azn_dude, i have Ubuntu but i only used it for one class in my last semester, uninstalled it when i finished college how good is it anyway?

How could you bash ZWJ like that?
    I don't like the way he keep defending his god father the Golden Lion King who I think deserve to die for what he did to innocent civilians. And I also dislike him for choosing to be with ZM. Other than that he is such a great person that people should really look up too. He united the Ming Cult and rescue the wulin from the mongolian. ZWJ laid the foundation for the rise of the Ming Dynasty which bring freedom to a hundred million hans. And yeah, too bad he is fictional otherwise he is much greater than someone like Bill Gate.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 12-16-07 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    How could you bashing ZWJ like that?
    How could you "destroying" the English language like that?

ZWJ is fictional and has never had to deal with the challenges of real life. He can get out of any problem with the move of Jin Yong's pen. Bill Gates, on the other hand, is a real-life figure who has made more than technological contributions to society. Like others, I greatly admire his philanthropic efforts.

Ken, while I can understand your impatience, you know a 14-year-old girl was taken out of class and threatened by the secret service for writing "Kill Bush" on her MySpace page? Come on, she was probably just a liberal anti-Bush teenager, not a future assassin. So again, while I'm sorry for your frustration with IE, I personally don't feel it was expressed in an appropriate way.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    Lol ken....that's harsh....

just get Download Accelerator like ogakira suggested....

hmm...sometimes Firefox doesnt resume downloads too........

hey Azn_dude, i have Ubuntu but i only used it for one class in my last semester, uninstalled it when i finished college how good is it anyway?
    Ubuntu, its on a six month development cycle so it gets updated pretty often. Like all Linux OS it has lots of customization, you can set yours up to look fancy like a Mac OS or like Windows. I love it because its stable and I have never had a crash. Most people get turn off by Linux because they are afraid of using the terminal, but you don't have to use the terminal in Ubuntu. Its very GUI friendly. There is also a program called WINE that lets you run Window programs in Linux, you can run most programs and games. And if the commitment is too high, you can either dual-boot or download the iso and burn it to a cd to load directly as a demo use(It doesn't effect your computer in anyway).
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    How could you "destroying" the English language like that?
    This is a forum, I usually don't check for grammar when I post.

ZWJ is fictional and has never had to deal with the challenges of real life. He can get out of any problem with the move of Jin Yong's pen. Bill Gates, on the other hand, is a real-life figure who has made more than technological contributions to society. Like others, I greatly admire his philanthropic efforts.

Ken, while I can understand your impatience, you know a 14-year-old girl was taken out of class and threatened by the secret service for writing "Kill Bush" on her MySpace page? Come on, she was probably just a liberal anti-Bush teenager, not a future assassin. So again, while I'm sorry for your frustration with IE, I personally don't feel it was expressed in an appropriate way.
    Bill Gate is a genius who made billions. That is about it. I don't see keep having newer window version and microsoft word every year is benefit to society other than greed. I neither hate, worship, nor appreciate him for anything.

Regarding the 14 years old girl, she said the wrong thing at the wrong time. What do you expect from the secret service? Cheer with her for her comment? Imagine what would the chinese secret service do if a 14 years old girl from China posts "Kill Hu Jintao" or similar situation in other countries.

ok all...breathe with me. breathe in, breathe out.

I really think you guys are taking things too literally. I wished Bill Gates would die too after I found out Halo2 PC required Bill's new Windows Vista to play! But of course i didn't mean it. Down with the New World Order.

LOL @ Secret Service. They really have too much time on their hands.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 12-16-07 at 05:38 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post

Bill Gate is a genius who made billions. That is about it. I don't see keep having newer window version and microsoft word every year is benefit to society other than greed. I neither hate, worship, nor appreciate him for anything.
    OK, I'm going to exercise OGK's advice and practice my yoga breathing techniques *breath in and breath out*

Are you serious? Microsoft is arguably one of the biggest and most successful enterprises in the world right now. Read up on its company and be well informed that Microsoft creates 14.7 million jobs in 2007, employing roughly 42% of the global IT work force. Sure, everyone in business is in it to make profit and I’m sure Bill Gates is no exception. However, to allege that the man is doing it simply for "greed" is preposterous and ignorant when he contributes 60% (estimated 24 billion or more) of his earned income to charities. Seriously, stop talking out of your *** for once.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Sorry to hear about your frustration. Maybe you should get bigger bandwidth as a solution to your problem. I'm a HUGE fan of Bill Gates as a great innovator, an entrepreneur and a philanthropist. Compares to a lot of people, he’s probably the person that benefits society the most, alive!
    Bill Gates an innovator? Give me one innovation from Microsoft. He is a brilliant entrepreneur though.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Default Service provider

If something crashes while you're downloading, is'nt it the fault of the service provider or your network? I download all the time using IE and did'nt have any more problems with it than with Gozilla/firefox.

Hope you've cooled down and seen the error of your ways . I know someone who will not buy anything to do with Apple company because a long time ago he had a Mac SE or something, then he wanted to expand the memory, went out and bought a mac memory card but found out that it was meant for another line of Macs. You don't want to be an embittered old man like him...

Don't forget that your Firewall slows downloads by quite a bit since they have to pass through it. If I have a large download, like a new updated version of my antivirus, I shut down the Firewall during the download. It's much faster.