Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Worst TVB Serials Endings (Possible Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum View Post
    The Kung Fu Master starring Yuen Wah, Jade Leung, Marco Ngai, Derek Kwok.

I liked the fighting scenes especially with Yuen Wah, Derek and Micheal Tong. Fei (Derek) and Yuen Wah were arch rivals right from the start with Derek as the main villain.

The story was average just like with many martial arts series but I wanted to find out what happens at the end. Yuen Wah somehow found a hidden potion and gave it to Marco to try. Then in the end Marco defeated Fei without knowing any kung fu. that's such a bad ending.
    That was not the ending of the series. You remember incorrectly. The part with Marco beating Derek was near the end, but not the ending. If I remember correctly Derek went to get revenge at the end during the wedding of Marco and Yeuh Wah's little sister. Derek beat the crap out of everyone. Yeuh Wah finally understand the essence of his final kicking techique and beat Derek.
    Last edited by LiarLiar; 01-25-08 at 04:47 AM.

to sum it up. TVB got a boatload of ending that's not going where it should be... and when i say boatload i mean like a freaking aircraft carrier size boat.

I grew up with tvb series, but with the quality of series continuing to slide downhill, I haven’t watched tvb series for many years now. Bad endings do not happen only with tvb, but by now, I think they pretty much perfected the art of killing a good story with a horrible conclusion.

One series that stuck in my mind is Kim Mo Tuk Ku Kau Pai - 9. The story was a spinoff of JY’s elusive and powerful character, Dok Gu Kau Bie. I initially had high hopes for the series. However, I was greatly disappointed at how the life and martial art skills of such a famed character were depicted, but that’s a whole different issue. I was able to push aside my bias due to the Condor Trilogy and focused on the cast and good acting. Everything was going pretty smoothly. Aside from a few actors/actresses, there was good chemistry among the leads. But as the series started to wrap up, the director/producer started killing off the main characters. There were no real justifications for their deaths. I mean if their deaths were meaningful, then I can understand it, but to whack off 90% of the cast, that’s just appalling.

Anyway, by this time I had grown attached to Maggie Siu’s character and she was the main reason I was still watching. I thought surely she would get a happy ending with DGKB. Wrong. Not only was she killed, she was raped first. Now that just left a foul taste in my mouth. Yeah, all the baddies died as well, but what was the point? It would have been some consolation if DGKB remained single, but no again. At the very last minute, he sailed away into the sunset with this nice, but ultra boring chick. I was like, WTF?! I wasn’t even aware that DGKB loved her and there was certainly zero chemistry between them. My favorite character died for this?! Hence, I wanted to throw something hard at the tv.
    Last edited by tweety365; 01-25-08 at 02:52 PM.

Many TVB series don't so much end as they simply...come to a stop. It's like the producers say to themselves, "OK...we really don't know where we can go with this storyline, so let's just stop it here. Sure, there are a whole bunch of loose ends and half-baked developments, but we've just gotten bored with this series. Let's just call it a wrap!"

In the West, it's what called "canceling" a series, but in Asia, the producers are obliged to tack a coda to the storyline, even if it isn't really a proper ending.

Call it whatever you want, but it still pisses me off. I'm left dangling with no closure or closures that really sucked. I want my hard earned money back for renting/buying the series.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    I grew up with tvb series, but with the quality of series continuing to slide downhill, I haven’t watched tvb series for many years now. Bad endings do not happen only with tvb, but by now, I think they pretty much perfected the art of killing a good story with a horrible conclusion.

One series that stuck in my mind is Kim Mo Tuk Ku Kau Pai - 9. The story was a spinoff of JY’s elusive and powerful character, Dok Gu Kau Bie. I initially had high hopes for the series. However, I was greatly disappointed at how the life and martial art skills of such a famed character were depicted, but that’s a whole different issue. I was able to push aside my bias due to the Condor Trilogy and focused on the cast and good acting. Everything was going pretty smoothly. Aside from a few actors/actresses, there was good chemistry among the leads. But as the series started to wrap up, the director/producer started killing off the main characters. There were no real justifications for their deaths. I mean if their deaths were meaningful, then I can understand it, but to whack off 90% of the cast, that’s just appalling.

Anyway, by this time I had grown attached to Maggie Siu’s character and she was the main reason I was still watching. I thought surely she would get a happy ending with DGKB. Wrong. Not only was she killed, she was raped first. Now that just left a foul taste in my mouth. Yeah, all the baddies died as well, but what was the point? It would have been some consolation if DGKB remained single, but no again. At the very last minute, he sailed away into the sunset with this nice, but ultra boring chick. I was like, WTF?! I wasn’t even aware that DGKB loved her and there was certainly zero chemistry between them. My favorite character died for this?! Hence, I wanted to throw something hard at the tv.
    I agree with you, except I would give this series a 10 instead of 9. Felix sword play was great, much better than his martial art in other series. The series start out great with great martial arts and storyline until the moment Maggie was raped and died. The ending really pissed me off....

"Eight Heroes" 9.9
    Tha ending was very very very confusing and crappy (not so gud)
    tha way it say they all died, then 3 yrs later that doctor grl see's them n she starts waving???
    I think they shud redo it or something or explain yy it ended up lyk that
    Crazy lil Bi-atch

For me, it would have to be Against the Blade of Honor...Ching Ching dies for no reason, because Deng Pung still fought her dad, and they left their son with their doctor friend...I was so mad, because she finally got her sight back, only to get killed by her husband...
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Default I Agree

I totally agree with all of you guys. The scriptwriters, producers, and directors don't know how to make good series (other than some lol).

D.I.E. - 5/10
    The series was really good but I think the regular ending was really bad. Will that really happen? You almost get killed by a car and then you do. That totally sucks. But when his baby touched his gravestone was really cool.

Armed Reaction 4 - 3/10
    Even though the series was really good, why couldn't they make a part 5 explaining more about what happened to "Fung"?
    Currently Watching: A Watchdog's Tale

I agree with nearly all of the above posts. However, in terms of let down (from great beginning to terrible ending) I have said Threshold of an Era for many years now. Great Part I, then in part II, WTF happened to Helen, how did Louis Koo suddenly get an MBA to become CFO of international firm, and Kenix Kwok has an evil twin?

Gateau Affairs - cute (kinda childish) cake story with funny graphics until Myolie's character suffers fire deviation while practicing Cold Palm (to make chocolate) and Warm Palm (to make sugar) to battle against Joe Ma (Cake Robin Hood).

And generally when the producers feel the need to wrap up the story in 20 episodes - its too draggy or too sudden.

master of tai chi.....gaysss ending..

DIE.....gayaas ending..
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Detective Investigation Files IV. I am still asking myself why Tsui Fei (Louis Koo) picked Chin Chin (Anne Heung) in the end over Quin (Jess Hsuan).

Ugh.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

*takes a deep breath*

Ooooh boy. I think by now, no one company can ever beat TVB in setting up nice plots and situations, only to come up with the crappiest endings ever possible. There's just too many to count.

DIF IV is a good one. San San died, Charmaine went to jail, and Louis picked Anne over Jessica. Even that is a bit too much drama for a series.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    *takes a deep breath*

Ooooh boy. I think by now, no one company can ever beat TVB in setting up nice plots and situations, only to come up with the crappiest endings ever possible. There's just too many to count.

DIF IV is a good one. San San died, Charmaine went to jail, and Louis picked Anne over Jessica. Even that is a bit too much drama for a series.
    Yeah i remember DIF IV.. crappy ending... They sort of hinted Sunny Chan getting together with Jessica while Louis looks on..

A Herbalist Affair -10

Roger Kwork fall in love with some girl that have them like one or two episodes that they are together(they are like brother and sister).While Charmine had like 75% part of the series with him. GRRR hate the ending worst ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Any experienced viewer of TVB serials knows that TVB has many series that start out good but almost always end badly.
    This is so true. It has gotten to a point where I come into any given series expecting a bad ending so I don't come out disappointed :P.

I have a suggestion as I am tired of reading all the bad endings. Why not just list series with "Good Endings" as there are much fewer of those.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    I have a suggestion as I am tired of reading all the bad endings. Why not just list series with "Good Endings" as there are much fewer of those.
    THE BUND, of course.

It doesn't get much better: Hui Mun Keung walks out of the Paramount Nightclub in Shanghai, and is suddenly shot dead by a gang of unknown gunmen from a passing car. Classic.

I hate endings that:

The protagonist, causes himself to die, instead of a life-or-death epic battle to kill off the protagonist. Especially in wuxia series. They build you up, to think they're an epic battle, but the protagonist ends up blowing up by his own martial arts, or he falls off a cliff. I hate those.

Or if there is a love triangle: one guy, two girls. Instead of the guy picking the girl he likes the most, he ends up marrying both. UUUUGH!
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    I hate endings that:

The protagonist, causes himself to die, instead of a life-or-death epic battle to kill off the protagonist. Especially in wuxia series. They build you up, to think they're an epic battle, but the protagonist ends up blowing up by his own martial arts, or he falls off a cliff. I hate those.
    But if the protagonist falls off a cliff in a wuxia series, there's a 99% chance that he's not dead, but instead comes upon some crazy, hidden martial arts.