Thread: Graphics Card Bus Speed

Default Graphics Card Bus Speed

I recently overclocked my graphics card with NTune. I set the GPU speed to 573 MHz and the bus speed to 950 MHz.

However, the bus speed seems to only run at half speed or slower, never exceeding 475 MHz while the GPU runs at 573.

Can anyone explain why this is and offer a way to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    I recently overclocked my graphics card with NTune. I set the GPU speed to 573 MHz and the bus speed to 950 MHz.

However, the bus speed seems to only run at half speed or slower, never exceeding 475 MHz while the GPU runs at 573.

what's bus speed? graphic cards works the same as a CPU/RAM, it's got the GPU speed and the RAM speed. if it's DDR ram then it'll only show as 1/2 because it's doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post

On a side note, don't use NTune! I've heard so many stories about problems with that thing that have caused the card and/or motherboard to die. Try something else, like Rivatuner.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    On a side note, don't use NTune! I've heard so many stories about problems with that thing that have caused the card and/or motherboard to die. Try something else, like Rivatuner.
    naw, it's not the software, it's because of the way graphic cards works. For some reason a CPU/RAM if you overclock and go over the limit it just stops working, or it will reports error after sometimes of using. Not a huge problem. With a graphic card it has a tendency to leave permanat damage after error. very weird but it happens alot of time to many people i know and myself... so i just stop OCing stuff in general after the market was hit with dual core. I just use a seperate computer that I OCed to convert stuff, my normal usage is a low power computer.