Thread: Which secondary characters have generally overlooked negative traits ?

Default Which secondary characters have generally overlooked negative traits ?

I'd say that a lot of secondary characters deserve a lot more criticism/have a lot of negative traits that we usually overlook because we are more focused on analyzing the main character(s). Some people who are written to be heroic and righteous sometimes do some things that is completely out of character, but we generally forget about it quickly because it wasn't too important.

I haven't read LOCH in a while, but would you consider Mu Nianci as shallow, stupid, or just plain naive? She fell heads over heels for Yang Kang which is fine, but she also seemed to forgive him for way too many things later given her own upright nature and upbringing. Did she only love him because his first appearance was a handsome, powerful, bad boy? Again I'm not trying to overly criticize her, but she is generally thought of as a good and sympathetic character, and I'm wondering if she should be also thought of as shallow, naive, and somewhat unfilial in her love for him.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I haven't read LOCH in a while, but would you consider Mu Nianci as shallow, stupid, or just plain naive? She fell heads over heels for Yang Kang which is fine, but she also seemed to forgive him for way too many things later given her own upright nature and upbringing. Did she only love him because his first appearance was a handsome, powerful, bad boy? Again I'm not trying to overly criticize her, but she is generally thought of as a good and sympathetic character, and I'm wondering if she should be also thought of as shallow, naive, and somewhat unfilial in her love for him.
    MNC is someone who has fallen too deep in love.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

But did she fall for him just for his appearance? The first thing he did when he met her was humiliate her, cause a serious injury to her dad, betray the general ideas of righteousness at the time, and a slew of other Bad Things. They spent no appreciable time together to develop true feelings, but I guess we can just write it off as first love syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    But did she fall for him just for his appearance? The first thing he did when he met her was humiliate her, cause a serious injury to her dad, betray the general ideas of righteousness at the time, and a slew of other Bad Things. They spent no appreciable time together to develop true feelings, but I guess we can just write it off as first love syndrome.
    I guess good looks has something to do with. Maybe she's also attracted to his flirtatiousness.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩