Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOR FUN: GuLongify Jin Yong's writing, and JinYonify Gu Long's writing

Default FOR FUN: GuLongify Jin Yong's writing, and JinYonify Gu Long's writing

Previously, I'd attempted to JinYongify a Gu Long passage from COMET, BUTTERFLY, SWORD. I would like to try it again, with the authors reversed. Here is my first JinYongified attempt; my GuLongified attempt will follow shortly.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

JinYongified version of Gu Long's COMET, BUTTERFLY, SWORD

FOR FUN, Regarding the COMET passage, let me present the original passage, and attempt to visualize how Jin Yong would write it. The dialogue part remains unchanged in both versions.

Beginning dialogue
    ---
    [Young Girl] says: "How do you feel now? Do you pity yourself or do you pity me?"
    [Old Man _1] replies: "I pity you, for you are the more pitiful one."
    His voice remained calm; he continued: "It is true that I am old, which also means at least I do not have many regrets. How about you? I know that you not only hate me, you also hate yourself."

Original version
    ---
    [Young Girl] suddenly rushed to him, her body unable to stop trembling. She would really like to kill him, but unable to say why, she suddenly fell in his arms, crying her eyes out.
    After all, he was her first man.
    And also her only man.
    Their lives had been deeply connected with experiences. Although she doesn't want to admit, she can't possibly change the facts.
    No one can change the facts!

JinYongified version
    ---
    The Young girl was outraged by his words. In that moment she felt her hairs straighten as her blood boiled to the maximum point. All her life, she has experienced a touch of loneliness; whenever she would be by herself, tears would roll down uncontrollable. But it was her secret and no one has ever commented on it. Now, she has given herself to the old man, and he is both her first man and the first person to speak her mind. This double-combo infuriated her, but more than anything, she felt agony. She let out a loud cry as she fell into his arms, knowing the facts and unable to do anything else.

GuLongified version of a passage from DGSD chapter 48 -- of Duan Yu finding out his real father. This one is slightly longer than the last one, but hope you get a kick out of it anyway. I have tried my best to practice method imitation (inspired by method acting)

Original Jin Yong version
    Duan Yu yelped: "Mother!" Suddenly, his back went numb, and the pressure points on his waist, feet, and shoulders followed to be locked by someone. A gentle voice was delivered into his ears: "I am your father Duan Yanqing. For the purpose of preserving Duan Zhengchun's face, I am using my hidden voice injection to communicate with you. You have heard your mother's words, have you not?" When Madam Duan's last 2 sentences came out, it was overheard by Duan Yanqing, so he knows that she has revealed Duan Yu's birth secret.

Duan Yu shouted: "I did not hear, I did not hear anything! I only know my father and mother." By mentioning his "father and mother", he was actually admitting that he heard his mother's words.

Duan Yanqing became infuriated: "Are you going to pretend like I'm not your father?" Duan Yu said: "I will not admit you into my life! I don't believe it, I don't believe a word!" Duan Yanqing lowered his voice: "You know that your life is in my hands; I can easily kill you if I want to. Besides, you are my de facto son; it would be unfilial to not acknowledge me."

Duan Yu was speechless. He knew that his mother's words must be true, and yet Duan Zhengchun was his known father for 20 years, bestowing his love all this time; how could Duan Yu just acknowledge a random person as father? Besides, his parents' death now are partly a result of Duan Yanqing's actions. How could Duan Yu acknowledge an enemy as father? His teeth gritted: "You can kill me. I will never acknowledge you."

Both enraged and disappointed, Duan Yanqing thought: "Even though I have a son, he will not admit me as his father; it is as if I didn't have a son." His beastly instincts swarmed his mind as he raised his steel cane to strike Duan Yu. When the cane reached merely a fraction of an inch away from Duan Yu's shirt, Duan Yanqing had a change of heart. He let out a long sigh, thinking: "My life has been full of bitterness and pain without having any family member to confide in. With great luck I have learned that I have a son. How could I have the heart to kill him with my own hands? Whether or not he admits me, he is still my son. After Duan Zhengchun's death, I no longer have anything to threaten Duan Zhengming. And yet, the throne of Dali will inevitably fall into my son's hands. To know that my son will one day sit on the throne is as good as sitting on it myself. I can be satisfied."

GuLongified version

"Mother! Mother!"

Duan Yu did not know if he actually made those sounds, or how many times these sounds were made.

But he did know that his mother was not coming back.

Knowing something is different from wanting something.

Sometimes, despite what you know, you will nevertheless try to gain the opposite effect!

Unsure of how long had passed, Duan Yu suddenly realized that his pressure points had been sealed. He heard a gentle voice in his ears saying: "I am your father Duan Yanqing. For the purpose of preserving Duan Zhengchun's face, I am using my hidden voice injection to communicate with you. You have heard your mother's words, have you not?"

These were the last things that Duan Yu needed to be bothered with.

He could not control himself any more.

"Heavens!" Duan Yu shriekd.

This shriek sent a jolt up to the sky and startled the ground beneath. Even Duan Yanqing could not help but feel the pain.

Then, the unforgettable words were chanted:

"I will never acknowledge you as my father."

Outside, it was thundering with lightening, but no pouring rain or thundering storm could compare to the ear-splitting effects of these words that Duan Yanqing heard.

Even though Duan Yanqing had sealed Duan Yu's pressure points, it was he who felt more numb now.

I will never acknowledge you...
    ...never acknowledge you!

These words continued to echo in Duan Yanqing's mind. His emotions started to range from fury to despair.

And yet, how can mere words describe the complex feelings that Duan Yanqing has now!

After a long pause, Duan Yanqing gathered his thoughts to say: "Your life is in my hands. If you don't admit me, don't blame me for what I will do to you."

Duan Yu responded with laughing tears, then he gritted his teeth: "Duan Yanqing, we are mortal enemies. In this world, either you die or I die. What's there to blame?"

Yes, to people with hatred--those who seek to destroy--you either kill the enemy or you die.

Duan Yanqing hesitated for a moment, then he knew exactly what to do.

He raised his canes. It came striking down at Duan Yu's back.

But just before it reached Duan Yu's clothes, its sheer force suddenly retracted. Instead it unsealed his pressure points.

Duan Yu opened his jaws. He didn't know what to say.

A dim smile could be seen on Duan Yanqing's face. He walked away with his cane. It was like an angel floating on clouds.

Duan Yu tried to imagine what his enemy might have felt, but it seemed unfathomable.

Because Duan Yu only felt hatred.

And yet, it was not hatred that Duan Yanqing felt.

Instead, it was something else that he has never felt in his life.

Compassion!

When someone feels the power of Compassion, he must surrender to it or else be devoured by it.

At the instant when Duan Yu refused to acknowledge the facts, Duan Yanqing wanted to kill him. But he hesitated. He thought about how miserable and bitter his own life had been. He hasn't had a friend or relative to confide in for 30 years. Now that he knows he has a son, even if his heart were made of steel, he would not have the will to kill this son. Besides, he son will eventually succeed the throne of Dali. To sit on the throne is the one thing that Duan Yanqing always wanted. Whether his son does it or he does it, seems the same to him now.

In that moment of hesitation, Duan Yanqing experienced a change of mentality.

It was the Compassion that Duan Yanqing never knew he could have, and therefore never wished to have.

But now that he has experienced it, he will never be the same.

Walking in the rain, Duan Yu gazed up at the cloudy sky.

He can't fathom the underlying principle of his father's new mentality yet, but he knows that he must experience more of life until he can grasp his father's thoughts.

His father!
    Last edited by PJ; 12-30-07 at 03:02 PM.

I'll come up with a Gu Longified thing soon...

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    GuLongified version of a passage from DGSD chapter 48 -- of Duan Yu finding out his real father. This one is slightly longer than the last one, but hope you get a kick out of it anyway. I have tried my best to practice method imitation (inspired by method acting)
    叮叮叮..... Very good!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

PJ, you are freaking brilliant when it comes to this stuff.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

That was quite interesting.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

This is fun. I think'll I'll try to Gulongifiy the DFBB fight later.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

To gulongify JY fight is very easy:

You stare, I stare, Ok you win and you can have the girl!

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    To gulongify JY fight is very easy:
    yes... which is why I'm not going to Gu Longify a fight.

From the HSDS translation thread (Chapter 28 – Part 14):

It was the beginning of the month and the north wind was blowing over the trees and bushes. Zhang Wuji moved quickly along the rustling noise of the blowing wind toward the source of the voices. Soon he heard Jin Hua Popo’s low and throaty voice about four, five ‘zhang’s ahead, she said “Still don’t want to do it? What are you waiting for?”

“Popo,” Yin Li replied, “Why are you doing this, as if … as if you don’t care about the old friendship? Xie Daxia and you have known each other from dozens of years; he trusted you and thus agreed to leave the Bing Huo Island to return to the Central Plains.”

“He trusted me?” Jin Hua Popo laughed coldly, “What a joke. If he did, why didn’t he let me borrow the Saber? He returned to the Central Plains because of his ‘yi zi’ [adopted/foster child]; what does it have to do with me?”

In the darkness Zhang Wuji vaguely saw Jin Hua Popo’s hunched back. Suddenly he heard a ‘clink’ noise as she pounded a metal nail with a mountain rock in front of her. A moment later the same noise was heard again. Zhang Wuji felt very strange; but he was afraid he might be detected by these two women, so he did not dare to move forward to take a closer look.

He heard Yin Li say, “Popo, if you want to take his treasured weapon away then fight him with a saber or a spear; that won’t be considered a hero’s misdeed. If the present matter is known, how can you not be the laughingstock of the heroes and warriors of the world? Besides, that Miejue Shitai has already died; what use is the Tulong Saber to you?”

Jin Hua Popo was angry; she straightened up her back and said in a stern voice, “Little girl, who rescued your insignificant life from the hands of your father? Now that you are a grown up, you don’t want to listen to Popo anymore! This Xie Xun is neither your friend nor your relative, why are you so adamant in protecting him? Give Popo a good reason.” Although her tone was grim, but her voice was actually low; apparently she was afraid Xie Xun on the mountain peak might hear her. Actually, the distance between that place and the peak was very far, it was a slim chance Xie Xun might hear her as long as she did not shout using her internal energy.

‘Clank, clank!’ Yin Li threw the bag she was carrying on the ground, and then she moved three steps backwards.

“Well?” Jin Hua Popo sternly said, “Your wings have grown, and now you want to fly, don’t you?”

Although watching from the darkness, Zhang Wuji could see her eyes shine with an intimidating power, like a cold piercing thunder.

“Popo,” Yin Li said, “It’s not that I dare to forget your great kindness in saving my life and teaching me martial arts. But Xie Daxia is his … is his Yifu.”

Jin Hua Popo let out a hollow laugh. “Surprisingly there is such an idiot like this in the world,” she said, “That boy surnamed Zhang has fallen into a ten-thousand ‘zhang’s ravine in the Western Region. You have heard it with your own ears from Wu Lie and Wu Qingying. If you don’t believe me, just capture those people and torture their confessions out. They have told us clearly; don’t tell me you think they were lying? That boy surnamed Zhang’s skeleton has turned into ashes by this time, and you still cannot forget him?”

“Popo,” Yin Li said, “I cannot cast him aside from my heart. Perhaps, this is what you said about some … some debt from the previous life.”

Jin Hua Popo heaved a sigh and said, “Let’s not talk about that boy was not willing to come with us to the Ling She Island; even if he agreed to marry you, he’s dead now. What are you going to do? Luckily he died early; if he did not die and see your appearance, how could he love you? You would helplessly see him fall in love with some other woman; how would you feel then?”

The tone of these last few sentences was greatly moderated. Yin Li was silent; obviously she could not give her any answer. Jin Hua Popo continued, “Let’s not talk about other women, even our captive, that Emei Pai’s Miss Zhou, is very pretty. If that boy surnamed Zhang saw her, his heart would have been stirred. Would you then kill Miss Zhou, or would you kill that boy? Hm, hm, if you didn’t practice this ‘hand of thousand spiders ten thousand poison’ [‘qian zhu wan du shou’], you were actually a beautiful woman; but now? There is nothing we can do.”

“He has already died, my face has already been destroyed; what else can I say?” Yin Li said, “But Xie Daxia is his Yifu. Popo, we cannot hurt a single strand of his hair. Popo, I beseech you on this matter only; otherwise, I will listen to you.” While saying that, she bent her knees to kneel down.

Zhang Wuji was secretly astonished, “I became the new Ming Cult’s Jiaozhu and have already caused quite a stir in the Wulin; how come these two actually know nothing about it?” he thought, “Hmm, that’s right; it must be that they went to the far away Bing Huo Island to get my Yifu. The round trip journey took a really long time. This time they came back to Dadou without having any communication with anybody; no wonder they have not heard about me.”

Jin Hua Popo hesitated a moment before answering, “Very well, you stand up!”

“Many thanks, Popo!” Yin Li happily said.

“I promise you not to harm his life, but I must take the Tulong Saber from him …” Jin Hua Popo said.

“But …” Yin Li said.

“Don’t fuss and make Popo angry,” Jin Hua Popo cut her off. Her hand moved and a ‘clink’ noise was heard again.

Zhang Wuji saw Jin Hua Popo’s hands were moving swiftly; successive ‘clink, clink’ noises were heard nonstop, farther and farther away. Yin Li sat on a rock with her head in her hands, sobbing softly. Zhang Wuji was very appreciative seeing, unexpectedly, that she has such a deep feeling toward him.

A moment later Jin Hua Popo shouted from about ten ‘zhang’s away, “Bring them here!” Yin Li had no choice but to take the two sacks and bring them to Jin Hua Popo.

Zhang Wuji crept forward several feet and looked; he was greatly shocked for he saw steel spikes seven, eight inches long were planted on the ground, among the rocks, about two, three feet apart. The sharp points of the spikes were facing upward; they looked very sharp, flickering with dim rays. The more Zhang Wuji thought about it, the more he was shocked. Apparently Jin Hua Popo was going to fight the Golden Mane Lion King, but she was afraid she might not be his match. If she launched secret projectiles, Xie Xun would be able to hear and evade; but steel spikes scattered on the ground were without noise and without movement. All she needed to do was lure him into the trap; how would a blind man like him be able to withstand the spikes?

Gu Longified version:

The night was dark, the north wind was cold.

But what can compare with the darkness and coldness of the human heart?

Yin Li said, "Popo, why are you doing this?"

Popo laughed coldly. "Who rescued your insignificant life from the hands of your father? "

“Popo,” Yin Li said, “It’s not that I dare to forget your great kindness in saving my life and teaching me martial arts. But Xie Daxia is his … is his Yifu.”

Jin Hua Popo let out a hollow laugh. Who does not understand the hopelessness of lost love?

“Popo,” Yin Li said, “I cannot cast him aside from my heart. Perhaps, this is what you said about some … some debt from the previous life.”

Jin Hua Popo heaved a sigh and said, "What are you going to do?"

Yin Li was silent; obviously she could not give her any answer. Even she knew there was nothing she could do for herself.

But she could beg for him.

Yin Li bent her knees to kneel down. "Popo, I beseech you on this matter only; otherwise, I will listen to you.”

Jin Hua Popo hesitated. Then she gave her answer.

“I promise you not to harm his life, but I must take the Tulong Saber from him."

Once Jin Hua Popo has spoken, nothing can take her words back!

"Don't fuss."

Then all was quiet except for several "clink, clink" sounds and the sounds of Yin Li's sobs.

In this quiet, this emptiness, what kind of evil would be hatched?

Zhang Wuji needed to know. He crept forward to see--and was shocked!

In the ground were steel spikes, flickering with evil light!

When Jin Hua Popo's spikes are released, nothing can take them back!
    Last edited by dewyloony123; 01-03-08 at 12:46 PM.

The night was dark, the north wind was cold.

But what can compare with the darkness and coldness of the human heart?
    These two lines are the most 'true' to the Gulong style!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    This is fun. I think'll I'll try to Gulongifiy the DFBB fight later.
    So it is going to turn him/her into a babe, and strip naked, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    So it is going to turn him/her into a babe, and strip naked, right?
    Oh oh oh! I think I want to steal the idea!

Indeed, I can just see this line:

声音尖锐,嗓子却粗,似是男子,又似女子,令人一听之下,不由得寒毛直竖。
    The voice has reached the peak of squeakiness, and yet the throat seemed full-toned, like a man, but just as much like a woman. Everyone who heard the voice felt great discomfort as their hairs straightened.

turn into this in the hands of Gu Long:

The voice was not loud, but gentle and sweet, like that of an angel from the outer sky. There would be no doubt that this voice had to come from a bona-fide lady. Everyone who heard the voice felt great pleasure as their muscles relaxed.

great work dewy! I enjoyed reading your gulongification!

Like the Distinguished Fellow of Star-Absorption said, your first 2 sentences are spot-on!

Time for some more JinYongification.

" Xiao 11 Lang (The 11th Son) " chapter 25

Original Gu Long version
    Shen Bijun gazed at him hard. It went on for a long time. Suddenly, she gritted her teeth, stood up, and ripped her clothes apart.

Her stripping of clothes was not very fast, because her body parts were trembling.

Now her naked upper body has been fully revealed to Xiaoyao Hou, the Carefree Count.

There was satisfaction in his eyes. He smiled: "Very good. I am very pleased. Even if I die in the hands of a beauty such as you, I would not regret it."

Shen Bijun bit her lips hard, to the point of bleeding. Because she needed to remove the rest of her garment.

Her breasts was pure ivory, and sparkling. Her thighs...

Suddenly, the door busted open.

Xiao 11 Lang's heart was in the process of exploding, while Shen Bijun's entire body went dumb. She stared at him numbingly, and then she fell down.

Xiaoyao Hou didn't seem surprised. He just sighed: "To interrupt my pleasure like this, means you will live at least 30 years less. Doesn't that concern you?"

Xiao 11 Lang raised his fist: "If I die, you will follow."

Xiaoyao Hou: "Oh? Is that a challenge?"

"Yes."

Xiaoyao Hou smiled: "There are many ways to die. Your selection isn't smart."

Xiao 11 Lang replied coldly: "Get out!"

Xiaoyao Hou gazed at him for a minute, and then he chuckled: "No one under heaven dares to challenge me, only you.... that's why.... that's why I give you an exception. I should be nice to someone who is about to die anyway."

Originally laid down, his body suddenly straightened as he leaped forward. His movement resembled a cloud shifting horizontally. Judging by the proficiency of his lightness kung fu, one cannot help but be frightened.

But Xiao 11 Lang acted as if he hadn't seen it. He walked towards Shen Bijun, his eyes fully on her. Finally, his eyes showed traces of pain.

He was screaming inside: "Why did you do this? Why did you abuse yourself like this?"

And yet, his words came out indifferently: "You should go back. Someone is waiting for you."

Shen Bijun's eyes were closed. Her tears rushed out like a pouring mountain spring.

JinYonified version

Shen Bijun was now with Xiaoyao Hou, the most powerful person in the Middle Kingdom. Everyone in the martial world knows that he has the power to turn the universe upside down. Even though it was against her will to serve him, it was the only way to protect her loved ones. She gritted her teeth and bit her lips as she removed her garment one by one. Xiaoyao Hou watched carefully, never taking his eyes off her; it is as if he was extremely pleased with the result.

Suddenly, the door busted open. The door was made of the finest steel in the Central Plains. Even if Shen Lang came back from the grave, or if Princess YaoYue were to gain Yan Nantian's full strength, they would nevertheless have trouble opening the door in one stance. And yet, whoever just opened the door, displayed a great feat which has never been performed in the history of mankind.

The door buster was none other than Xiao 11 Lang. He had been standing outside all this time, painfully taking in what went on in the room. Normally a person would not be able to hear anything when separated by a large steel door. But Xiaoyao Hou has reached the peak of perfection in internal and external strength, so his hearing could now penetrate steel. Furthermore he used his imagination to visualize the happenings in the room. When he finally could take it no more, he took a deep breath and slammed the door open with his Mighty Palm of 17 Steel Dragons.

Upon witnessing his lover, Shen Bijun immediately fainted. But Xiaoyao Hou was not startled. He didn't even say anything. Xiaoyao Hou and Xiao 11 Lang both new that Xiaoyao Hou was the more powerful of the 2, and that by interrupting his peace, Xiao 11 Lang had asked for a personal challenge. This was understood by them with a nod by Xiaoyao Hou. Before anyone could see it, he suddenly leaped up like a piece of cloud, his body straightened, and it dashed forward faster than the speed of any cheetah or shark. His body vanished before an expert like Xiao 11 Lang could properly detect it. Although Xiao 11 Lang has reached the finest peak in martial arts, he nevertheless realized that there is still one level higher: the stage of Undiminishable Divinity.

Shen Bijun has now cried several rivers of tears. Xiao 11 Lang felt for her also, but how could he say the things that he's feeling now, upon witnessing such betrayal by her? The only thing he could say was "go home. Someone is waiting for you." They had tens of thousands of things they wanted to say to each other, but for some reason nothing felt right at this time.

Beginning:

The vegetable-person called out, "Melon seed, so you have a bit of skill after all," as he raised his sword and disorderly started to thrust and slash. In a short moment, he had slashed out around twenty times. Not only was each of his slash towards Linghu Chong didn’t hit him but the tip of his sword was actually still around seven to eight feet away from Linghu Chong's body. Raising his sword, Linghu Chong sometimes
    performed a move towards that firewood-person and sometimes he thrust at an empty space towards that vegetable-person. The tip of his sword was also around seven to eight feet away from their bodies. But when these two people saw Linghu Chong's move, their expressions revealed their urgency either to jump to avoid his slash or to brandish their swords to block.

The crowd of heroes watching this were all stupefied. The tip of Linghu Chong's sword was still far away from the two people and there wasn't the slightest bit of wind when he thrust his sword and they were certain that he wasn't using any kind of invisible sword energy to attack. But why are these two people looking frightened as if they were too late in avoiding or blocking the sword?

As they observed more closely, the crowd came to understand that these two people must be two martial arts masters. At this time, when these two people were using their moves to attack, one was still attacking sluggishly and one was still attacking like a mad man. But at the same time, they still managed to concentrate fully on defending themselves. When they were avoiding or blocking Linghu Chong's attack, their movements were light and steady. Now there was no more laughter from the crowd.

Original JY:

Suddenly Linghu Chong heard those two people whistled and changed their sword art completely. The firewood-person slashed his long sword in a large circular path. While the vegetable-person used very fast movements going back and forth creating a starlike reflection with his sword.

Linghu Chong pointed his sword at a slight upward angle and unexpectedly he stopped completely. His two eyes were now sometimes staring at the firewood-person and sometimes casting a sidelong glance at that vegetable-person. As his eyes looked at a certain place, those two people did one of these three things -- they quickly changed their sword moves or cried out then retreated or turned their attacks into defence.

Ji Wushi, Old Man, and Zu Qianqiu had good martial arts. They gradually realised that when these two people moved to defend themselves, it was because of Linghu Chong's stare. He was always staring at their fatal acupoints.

They saw the firewood-person lifted his sword to slash it down and Linghu Chong gazed at his lower abdomen's Shanggu acupoint. He had not finished his slash when he quickly withdrew it to block his Shanggu acupoint. At this time, the vegetable-person thrust his sword towards Linghu Chong. Linghu Chong responded by looking at the Tianting acupoint which was at the left side of his neck. That person
    hastily lowered his head which caused his sword to penetrate deep into the hardened rice field. It was as if Linghu Chong's two eyes were shooting projectiles and he wouldn't permit Linghu Chong's two eyes to take a look at his neck's Tianting acupoint.

Those two people were still utilising their sword moves and the sweat on their bodies was seeping through their clothes. In a short while, their trousers had also become wet with their sweat. That old man riding the donkey had so far just stayed on the side and not said a thing. He suddenly coughed and said, "Admirable, admirable. The two of you step back."

The two men replied together, "Yes!" But Linghu Chong's eyes were still circling around, never leaving their fatal acupoints. The two people waved their swords and retreated at the same time. From the beginning to the end, they didn't manage to break away from Linghu Chong's gaze.

That old person said, "Good sword art! Master Linghu, allow this old man to ask for your advice."

Linghu Chong replied, "You flatter me!" as he turned around and cupped his fist greeting the old man. Only now the two people were finally freed from the restraint of Linghu Chong's eyes. At the same time, they jumped backwards feeling just like two freed birds as they flew for tens of feet away.

Gulong version:

The two men whistled loudly and attacked. What an earth-shaking, piercing whistle! And as they whistled, they attacked in perfect harmony. The sword of one began moving so quickly that it emitted star-like reflections, and the sword of the other slashed at Linghu Chong in a circular pattern.

The onlookers all cried in fright, awed by the divine swordsmanship of the old men. No man could defeat that. No man!

Linghu Chong is a man. Thus, he naturally could not defeat the technique.

Linghu Chong did not try to defeat the technique. He did not even try to move! He simply stood there, gaze distant, as the two men charged towards him.

Their swords have arrived! What cold, merciless light shone from those deadly blades. But Linghu Chong still did not defend himself. Why? No one could understand!

Just before the two swords would have taken Linghu Chong's life, Linghu Chong turned his gaze away from the horizon. He looked at the two men.

Just a look! No more! His hand did not move; his sword was still. Only his gaze moved, but to those two men, it was as though they had been struck by the gods of thunder!

With a cry of terror, they leaped back! Waving their swords wildly in defense, they retreated from Linghu Chong, again and again and again. The multitude of unorthodox heroes were both perplexed and awed. Awe, because the movement of those two swordsman was swift beyond belief, their techniques, as exquisite as any they had seen.

Why did they flee? Wasn't Linghu Chong helpless? But still, they retreated, further and further. Linghu Chong's body remained motionless. Only his gaze moved, but that was enough!

Linghu Chong's gaze alone was enough to crumble the willpower of these two master-hands and break their miraculous stances! What a wonderful set of eyes! Surely, even the legendary Qian-li-yan of the Heavenly Court did not possess a more discerning, a more terrifying gaze!

Before these eyes, all of the techniques of the two old men seemed inadequate. In the blink of an eye, they had retreated over thirty feet, and still, they fled! They could not escape that gaze!

Suddenly, Linghu Chong raised his head to the heavens and laughed. That laugh was filled with sadness and an indescribable mockery. "You cannot even defeat my gaze," That laugh said. "What makes you think you can defeat my sword?"

END
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 12-31-07 at 04:39 PM.

Can I vote this as the best thread ever????

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Can I vote this as the best thread ever????
    I think there is a Rate This Thread section at the bottom left of the page

aw, thanks Master of Star-Absorption, and thanks PJ!

Indeed, I have rated this thread as "warms the cockles of my heart"