Thread: What if Yeung and Guo had an extra hand to help...

Default What if Yeung and Guo had an extra hand to help...

In LOCH, the Guo and Yeung "brothers" were beaten by Jin soldiers. They were overwhelmed with the numbers. They put up a good fight, but the number was just too much.

Would it help at all if the QZ disciple (dont know his Chinese name) was there to help them fend off those soldiers? He was probably at least two levels above those guys, would that be enough for them to fend off the soldiers and be able to save Guo's life? Or will the number game eventually overwhelm the QZ disciple as well?

Even with QZ disciple there, would it be too much to say he would be able to save Guo's life, and also be able to prevent the two wives from being taken away?

you mean Qiu Chuji? If he came early (i.e. before Yang and Guo were tired out/injured), he might be able to get everybody away safely. He'd massacre a bunch of soldiers, go for Duan Tiande (the guy leading the soldiers), and, in the ensuing chaos, still probably be able to bring the ladies to safely. The guys could probably help out with the retreat.

As one of the top twenty (perhaps even top ten) martial artists alive at the time, Yau Chui Gei should have no problem with a few dozen Sung soldiers. Still, there's only one of him. The Gwok/Yeung brothers will need to pitch in to make sure everyone gets away safely.

Could Yang Tiexin and Guo Xiaotian have fended off the soldiers by themselves IF they didn't have to look after the safety of their wives?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Could Yang Tiexin and Guo Xiaotian have fended off the soldiers by themselves IF they didn't have to look after the safety of their wives?
    Maybe not. There were probably too many of them.

Just how many troops *did* Deun Teen Dak bring with him to the Gwok/Yeung homestead, anyway? He was only a minor official, meaning that he wouldn't have had too large a force under his command. Moreover, his assignment was to capture one woman, not fight a war. I can't imagine that he had more than a few dozen troops at hand (that would be more than enough to overwhelm Gwok and Yeung, however).

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    you mean Qiu Chuji? If he came early (i.e. before Yang and Guo were tired out/injured), he might be able to get everybody away safely. He'd massacre a bunch of soldiers, go for Duan Tiande (the guy leading the soldiers), and, in the ensuing chaos, still probably be able to bring the ladies to safely. The guys could probably help out with the retreat.
    He probably meant Yin Zhiping.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    He probably meant Yin Zhiping.
    Yin Zhiping was Guo Jing's contemporary/peer. When Yang Tiexin and Guo Xiaotian were fighting off Duan Tiande and his soldiers in the early chapters of LOCH, Guo Jing was not even born. Yin Zhiping could have been a baby/toddler at most.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Yin Zhiping was Guo Jing's contemporary/peer. When Yang Tiexin and Guo Xiaotian were fighting off Duan Tiande and his soldiers in the early chapters of LOCH, Guo Jing was not even born. Yin Zhiping could have been a baby/toddler at most.
    Has timing ever been important for these hypothetical scenarios? Game balance seems to be a more important factor when dreaming these up, hence that vs thread which pitted a combo of Xiao Feng and Dongfang Bubai against Wang Chongyang and Zhang Sanfeng. Qiu Chuji imbalances the scenario quite drastically, hence I think Yin Zhiping is the QZ disciple referred to.

Has timing ever been important for these hypothetical scenarios? Game balance seems to be a more important factor when dreaming these up, hence that vs thread which pitted a combo of Xiao Feng and Dongfang Bubai against Wang Chongyang and Zhang Sanfeng. Qiu Chuji imbalances the scenario quite drastically, hence I think Yin Zhiping is the QZ disciple referred to.
    Sorry, I didn't know it was supposed to be a scenario that did not account for time differences.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Then we will have to wait till the thread poster become more specific - is this ZBT or one of QZ7 or 'YG' or YZP or YLQ or GJ.

I think Felix is refering to QCJ since he was the only one that had contact with them and was about to appear anyway (and bringing them into the mess). In which case he would have teared the soldiers apart. Earlier in the novel we saw one of HYS's disciple, crippled Qu killing a few soldiers easily. QCJ would have no problem killing Duan Tian De while the Guo and Yang defended their wives as most of the soldiers focus would be on QCJ. Even if they kill Guo/Yang, it will do them no benefit, if QCJ is still around to take Yang's wife out to safety.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Yes, sorry, I am referring to QCJ.

At the time, QCJ was still a QZ disciple. Perhaps I should have said, the QZ disciple of WCY.

Anyhow, it is Qiu Chuji I am talking about, sorry for the confusion.