Thread: 1980s actresses vs. current actresses

Default 1980s actresses vs. current actresses

actresses in the 80's are just not as hot as those in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972 View Post
    actresses in the 80's are just not as hot as those in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
    Are you sure?
    Barbara Yung, Idy chan, Sharen Tang, Margie Tsang, Kitty Lai, Patricia Chong, Money Chan, Maggie Siu, Jamie Chic, Carina Lau, Martha King, Mimi Kung, ect.... are all from the 1980s and they are hotter and act better than those late 1990s and early 2000s

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are you sure?
    Barbara Yung, Idy chan, Sharen Tang, Margie Tsang, Kitty Lai, Patricia Chong, Money Chan, Maggie Siu, Jamie Chic, Carina Lau, Martha King, Mimi Kung, ect.... are all from the 1980s and they are hotter and act better than those late 1990s and early 2000s
    I think he means actresses in general. TVB has so many hot actresses that aren't even leading-material while all the actresses who get small roles back then are butt ugly.

they may act better but in terms of looks they are not as hot as the later actresses.
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are you sure?
    i only find those in bold hot, and i like to add michelle reis, chingmy yau
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

they may act better but in terms of looks they are not as hot as the later actresses.
    shows you how common cosmetic surgery is nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post
    shows you how common cosmetic surgery is nowadays
    But all the ladies nowadays claim they're 'natural'

I don't know about that. Most of the female celebrities who've emerged in the entertainment industry in the last ten years or so strike me as being rather skinny and plastic, neither quality being particularly attractive.

i don't know much about the 80's actresses but i think the 90's actresses are very pretty and acts a lot better than this decade's.

also, maybe the 80's actresses doesn't look as pretty because the camera lightings, make up, hair style, and clothes are different.

i think if you put the 80's actresses in this decade's style, they would also be very very pretty and put this decade's actresses in 80's style (hair, clothings, and make up) and they wouldn't be as pretty.

my 2 cents.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i only find those in bold hot, and i like to add michelle reis, chingmy yau
    me too! i think chingmy yau is one of the hottest actresses of the 90's. not stick skinny but curvy and sexy. love your avatar btw.
    ---------
    Shellie

Well like most said, its different decades so its somewhat hard to compare. Actresses from the 80's have a classic, simple and ultra type beauty. Actresses now a days are something different. Keep in mind that make up was much heavier back in the days as well so thats another factor. I personaly think that actresses from the 80's are prettier because they're beauty is more unique and rare.

Margie Tsang, Idy Chan, Kitty Lai, Sheren Tang, Jamie Chik, Dodo Cheng are all golden beauties back in those days. Barbara Yung was also very cute and adorable. The actress who plays YBH's (Sylvia Ng) mother in HSDS86 including Sylvia herself are pretty as well. Shalin Tse had a sharp and cunning look too. Majority of them were pretty.

Actresses from the 90's were pretty too but overall, I still perfer the 80's. The ones from the 90's and today that I consider pretty are Carman Lee, Tavia Yeung, Gigi Lai and Sharon Chan.

Terms of acting, each are different in their on ways. However, again I'd go for the 80's. Theres just something about their acting/beauty that makes them outshine the rest.

Hmm...I prefer actresses from the 80's becuase they look striking compare to actresses nowadays. I also agree Shellie about the lighting, makeup and hairstyle difference between the 80's and today. If you change the hair and put on less make-up to the actresses of the 80's, I doubt they would lose in term of beauty to actresses nowadays. Actresses nowadays have a more naturally look, but their beauty is not striking enough to stand out.