Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dislike for generally liked people?

Default Dislike for generally liked people?

Similar to one of PJ's post: Who in Jin Yong world do you guys dislike that other majority people of spcnet generally like?

For me,

Zhao Min, Yang Xiao, Guo Jing (from LOCH), Sweeper Monk, among others.

ooh ooh, lemme answer for Ken

j/k.

I slightly dislike Qiao Feng, actually. I don't like his rashness. For instance, the death of Ah Zhu was totally avoidable if he did a lil' thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    ooh ooh, lemme answer for Ken

j/k.

I slightly dislike Qiao Feng, actually. I don't like his rashness. For instance, the death of Ah Zhu was totally avoidable if he did a lil' thinking.

Actually, you kind of read my mind for DGSD: I do *very slightly* dislike Kiu Fung for the very reason you just stated. He was a great guy in most ways, but he had this one major problem...

Other characters from stories I'm familiar with:

DGSD

Pau But Tung: this guy talks too much.

Muk Yeun Ching: a little too b*tchy at first; got better later in the story.

Ah Bik: could get annoying with all the "Young Master Mo Yung" stuff, although not nearly as bad as Wong Yu Yin.

Most of Deun Jing Tsun's women: again, too b*tchy for my tastes (get the idea I have a real problem with b*tchy women?) for the most part. Jin Bo Bo was all right. The rest of them were all a bunch of harpies.

Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui: Gee. Guess why I'm not a big fan of either of them?

The Ling Jau Palace girls: Some of them were OK. A large number of them...well, see above.

LOCH:

Most of the characters were generally OK for me here. Can't think of anybody who really got on my nerves in LOCH. That Mongolian prince Dosi was a bit annoying, but nobody liked him anyway.

ROCH:

Oh, where do we begin?

For starters, let's skip the obvious ones (i.e. the main leads).

Lam Chiu Ying: Queen B*tch # 1 of the wulin universe as far as I'm concerned.

Granny Sheun: Drank way too much Lam Chiu Ying Kool-Aid.

Ching Ying: Mostly, I like her and she doesn't have any big flaws, but sometimes, just a little too much Yeung Gor Kool-Aid for my tastes.

Gwok Seung: Nice girl, but way, way too much Yeung Gor Kool-Aid (I drink Yeung Gor Haterade).

Gung Sheun Luk Ngok: See the previous two entries.

HSDS:

Ho Juk Dao: People seem to love this guy, but from what I saw in HSDS '86, the guy was a freaking PSYCHO. Maybe it was just bad acting, though.

Chow Chi Yerk: Queen B*tch # 2. A shame, really. I had high hopes for her when she first appeared in the story.

Lady Yeung: As if her ancestors didn't annoy me enough, they had to frickin' breed.

Chu-yee (Yan Lei): Girl, go see a psychiatrist, PLEASE!

Dor Yee See/Granny Golden Flower: I thought she was pretty cool in her original incarnation (as the evil old lady), but I didn't like her true origin story. I don't know if she falls into the "generally liked" category.

SOD:

Don't know much about the story, but the way the flute and the zither guy were depicted in SPW '84 creeped me out a bit (I was only twelve years old at the time; today, it's not so much a problem). Apparently, there was never any BROKEBACK action happening between these two, but TVB depicted them in a very suggestive way that I wasn't prepared to handle back then. I think it colored my view of SOD forever.

DOMD:

Er...whichever wife of Wai Siu Bo Carina Lau played in DOMD '84. I remember her character being kind of b*tchy.

Guess I just have a real problem with b*tchy women.

Hey Ken, are you sure these people are generally liked people on your list? A lot of people you name seem to not have that much of a fanbase or even liking. Something like Yeung Gor is a good answer for my question. And even that, I am afraid at least 30-35 percent of people in here dislike Yeung Gor as well. Whereas people like Huang Rong, Kiu Fung, Guo Jing, Kwok Seung, Cheung 3 Fung, I really don't see much hatred for them.
    Last edited by Felix; 12-31-07 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Similar to one of PJ's post: Who in Jin Yong world do you guys dislike that other majority people of spcnet generally like?

For me,

Zhao Min, Yang Xiao, Guo Jing (from LOCH), Sweeper Monk, among others.
    I dislike the Golden Lion King, Cheung Mo Kei's mother, Guo Jing's mother because she dislike Wong Yung, Genghis Khan, Zhao Min, Chen Jia Lok, Cheng Ying and her cousin,

Hey Ken, are you sure these people are generally liked people on your list?
    I think most of them are. Not that any of them have huge fan clubs or anything, but they're generally not *disliked*. Ching Ying and Gwok Seung seem to have lots of fans. People have expressed interest in more about Ho Juk Dao. I've also heard the praises of Mo Yung F'uk's flunkies sung here from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think most of them are. Not that any of them have huge fan clubs or anything, but they're generally not *disliked*. Ching Ying and Gwok Seung seem to have lots of fans. People have expressed interest in more about Ho Juk Dao. I've also heard the praises of Mo Yung F'uk's flunkies sung here from time to time.
    I am pretty sure a lot of Zhao Min fans thinks my dear CCY is a B*tch just like you, so that name right there should be off the list. Madam Wang, what is there to like, her upper assets?

Mo Yung *** flunkies, really? I thought that was just PJ...in his mode for liking minor characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I dislike the Golden Lion King, Cheung Mo Kei's mother, Guo Jing's mother because she dislike Wong Yung, Genghis Khan, Zhao Min, Chen Jia Lok, Cheng Ying and her cousin,
    I think many people are neutral towards Golden Lion King. I am pretty sure you hate the Golden Snake Swordsman then huh?

Why you hate Cheng Ying and Luk Wu Shuang?

BTW, may I know why you hate Granny Suen so much? I know you based at least half of your judgment on the 83 version, what did she do that made you hate her so much? I can understand Little Dragon Girl, but why Granny Suen?

BTW, do you have any dislike for Little Dragon Girl's sifu? Or did she not appear long enough to annoy you like the others?

Wow, someone sure is b*tchy tonight.

For me, it would be....

Guo Jing
    Guo Xiang
    Huang Rong (ROCH)
    ZWJ
    WXB
    ZBT
    Zhao Min
    Xiao Zhao
    Duan Yu
    Wang Yuyan

I think many people are neutral towards Golden Lion King. I am pretty sure you hate the Golden Snake Swordsman then huh?

Why you hate Cheng Ying and Luk Wu Shuang?
    I hate the Golden Snake Swordsman because for revenge, he used so many women who love him. Then suddenly stop wanting revenge for his whole family just because of a daughter of his enemy...

for Cheng Ying and Luk Wu Shuang, they should just move on with their lives knowing YG will not love them in return. They wasted their entire life for someone not even love them in return....

There are so much villain that I really hate, but don't bother to mention because everyone here hate them anyway...

BTW, may I know why you hate Granny Suen so much? I know you based at least half of your judgment on the 83 version, what did she do that made you hate her so much? I can understand Little Dragon Girl, but why Granny Suen?
    Too much Lam Chiu Ying Kool-Aid.

I think she was the one who started Yeung Gor on the path of "It's OK for a guy to act like a girl."

BTW, do you have any dislike for Little Dragon Girl's sifu? Or did she not appear long enough to annoy you like the others?
    Yeah, she wasn't around long enough for me to form an opinion about her one way or another. Belonging to THAT sect, I'm guessing that I probably wouldn't have liked her, but she didn't do anything specific to irritate me, so she gets a pass unless I discover otherwise.

GJ is the main big fanbase one. HR I don't like much either.

YG and XLN don't like (mainly influenced by this forum).

DY/XZ, WYY as in main characters, but they don't have big fanbase.

MRF's lackies. Bao is funny, but he and Feng can get excessive.

Blind bat Ke and QZ (5/7), not sure if they have a fanbase.

YD, WCY and LCY + rest of AT (-LMC).

DGQB

Re: CY

Wow so much anti-CY. I understand where Ken is coming from with the YG worship. Mind you, in the novel there isn't MUCH YG worship. CY is generally a nice person and she is nice to everyone (-LMC), so it's hard to tell if pure altruism. The only fault I can pick is not finding someone to replace YG - so if you hate CY, you must also list LWS, GSLE and MAIN culprit Guo Xiang.

imo you can't fault CY, if all females near YG's age (+/-20) in the novel loved YG - blame JY.
    Last edited by yittz; 12-31-07 at 10:36 PM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Come to think of it, East Heretic Wong Yerk See was pretty annoying at times in LOCH, but he was so *cool* that it didn't matter so much. Anything annoying he might have done in LOCH was compensated for by his "cool dude" factor.

He was *way* better in ROCH, but we didn't to see enough of him there.

Wei Xiaobao.
    On a lesser degree, Xiaolongnü.
    And if the Six Fairies of Peach Valley are "generally liked" around here, yes, them. Very annoying.
    ---

Is Wang Yuyan "generally liked" around here?
    I thought it was Liu Yifei, Carmen Lee and Idy Chan who were more "generally liked" where Wang Yuyan was concerned.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 12-31-07 at 10:32 PM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Add those two to my list.
    And also Gong Sun Lu E

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Wow, someone sure is b*tchy tonight.

For me, it would be....

Guo Jing
    Guo Xiang
    Huang Rong (ROCH)
    ZWJ
    ZBT
    Why do you hate them, they are hero and very likeable

WXB
    Agree, I hate this guy to the bone

Zhao Min
    Also dislike her

Xiao Zhao
    Duan Yu
    Wang Yuyan
    Why do you hate them? They are not very likeable, but still ok...

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    I thought it was Liu Yifei, Carmen Lee and Idy Chan who were more "generally liked" where Wang Yuyan was concerned.
    Most fans who 'love' Carman Lee and LYF like WYY.

Over on the Gu Long side of the tracks, Sit Bing (from LUK SIU FUNG) was slightly annoying at times. Oddly, there aren't many Gu Long characters, major or minor, who irritate me. In some ways, Gu Long characters are "cooler" than Jin Yong characters.

I hate the Golden Snake Swordsman because for revenge, he used so many women who love him. Then suddenly stop wanting revenge for his whole family just because of a daughter of his enemy...
    So are you implying you hate Golden Snake Swordsman for two reasons. For being so evil in revenge, and then changing his mind just for a girl?

So are you suggesting, had he not forget his revenge due to the girl, you would have more respect for him. As in, if he did do the evil revenge, you would appreciate it if he did not go back?

I think she was the one who started Yeung Gor on the path of "It's OK for a guy to act like a girl."
    I feel that Yang Guo is a AT member in which you feel (dude, it sort of sucks), cause if Yang Guo never went to AT, I think you would have nothing against him. It seems to you, you say to yourself "Damn YG, why did you have to take the wrong road for."

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Wei Xiaobao.
    ---

Wei Xiao Bao, is he really like that much in here? I think he is very in the middle, got a fair share amount of likers and haters.

Yeah, I think most here agree Wang Yu Yan and Princess Fragrance are vases. At least Little Dragon Girl has some fan base because she can kick *** unlike these two. I only like Wang Yu Yan cause she is a rare beauty, but personality wise, she is more boring than Little Dragon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Add those two to my list.
    And also Gong Sun Lu E
    Yeah, I dislike her too. Man, I dislike her more than Guo Fu.